Author Topic: My Ex gf just bought a new...  (Read 7415 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: My Ex gf just bought a new...
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 10:29:54 AM »
Cheers. :)  Which model did you have?

This is me with mine in 2001:

I had mine back in 91

89 gta white with aftermarket rims, new paint and about 5 grand into the motor, tranny and exhaust. fast fucking car. Sorry no pics, that was a long time ago and my ex GF took most of the pics those days

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 10:30:34 AM »
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/Lancer_Evolution/Landing.aspx?openmenu=lancer_evolution_offers
in Canada they do.

the MR trim is 47,000$ here....plus we pay taxes on EVERYTHING...so add 15%

Nobdoy in their right mind in the US would buy a Evo MR for 47k-50K. They would even be able to move them off the lots. Well, be prepared for her to come crying about the engines. Mits 4 cyl are known for not being reliable...And actually she doesn't have the one up. As fast as they maybe, they are based on a econobox. If you had that versus say, a BMW 135i, you'd look descent going to a NOPI Nights, but look akward taking a girl out to a nice restaurant. Whereas, the BMW 135i, you wouldn't.

I wouldn't worry about a female putting herself in debt over a unreliable (and WAY overpriced car in CANADA) car that screams "RICER".

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 10:34:15 AM »
i'd have bought this:

Fucking Gay.  Is that a non functional hood scoop in the front?  The HUGE spoiler in the back is stupid, serves no purpose.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 10:34:42 AM »
Nobdoy in their right mind in the US would buy a Evo MR for 47k-50K. They would even be able to move them off the lots.

All cars in Canada are overpriced compared to the US (not just the Evo), especially with the dollar being close to equal.  Some people even ship cars from the US to here and "flip" them for a profit lol.  

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »
But on a straight road the Evo would be lucky to have a view of that Camaro's exhaust.  Straight line performance of an Evo is comparable to the 98-2002 F-Body (Camaro/Trans Am) which "only" had 320 hp, and the new upcoming Camaro will have 400 hp base, and then later a 500 hp model.

Different tastes I guess, personally I do not like the look of the Evo or Impreza, they don't look mean or sporty at all IMO.

Bigbobs, you  know sheep shit about cars. Because the EVO has a AWD system, it will have more grip off the line. And in a straight line. It is a 'Ring monster. That 's why it's so popular, because they have very respectful performance, in fact in the right tune, it is damn lethal. F-bodies are heavy RWD cars, the hand me downs of the Corvette. Further more, you can tell shit about a car (the new Camaro) that hasn't come out yet. You sound just like the Lexus LF-A fanboys who say the the Lexus will tear  Ferrari a new asshole...

Yet, your the same guy who posted the pic showing that Nasser had a CL55, yet it was re-badge...

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »
Bigbobs, you  know sheep shit about cars. Because the EVO has a AWD system, it will have more grip off the line. And in a straight line. It is a 'Ring monster. That 's why it's so popular, because they have very respectful performance, in fact in the right tune, it is damn lethal. F-bodies are heavy RWD cars, the hand me downs of the Corvette. Further more, you can tell shit about a car (the new Camaro) that hasn't come out yet. You sound just like the Lexus LF-A fanboys who say the the Lexus will tear  Ferrari a new asshole...

Yet, your the same guy who posted the pic showing that Nasser had a CL55, yet it was re-badge...

Parker, I'm speaking on the subject because I've owned a Trans Am and did succesfully race it against lighter imports even if they had a better launch (like the Supra for example).  Most street races are not off a red light to 30 mph, but what would you know? 

Don't take my word for it, just google the 1/4 mile performance of the Evo and compare it against GM's RWD muscle cars.

BTW Nasser's CL55 is not re-badged.  Here's an example of one with single exhausts (http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Pictures-c6082-pi11019619-2005-CL55-AMG.html) and one with duals (http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Pictures-c6082-pi11019619-2005-CL55-AMG.html)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 10:55:48 AM »
Well it makes the Evo look like a Civic or any other typical "girly car" :)

I believe what Mr. Milwaukee's best handling, manual labor withered hands "big bobs" meant to say...

Translation: How the fuck can them japs get a 2.0 liter to kill my v8

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 10:57:59 AM »
50,000$ Evo...

should i be jealous?
i mean im still 3 and a half years younger...happy with my body...and bitches love me!
who's got the 1 up?  ??? lol

ahahahahahahahahaha..... girlfriend...... good one.

how is simon?

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »
Parker, I'm speaking on the subject because I've owned a Trans Am and did succesfully race it against lighter imports even if they had a better launch (like the Supra for example).  Most street races are not off a red light to 30 mph, but what would you know? 

Don't take my word for it, just google the 1/4 mile performance of the Evo and compare it against GM's RWD muscle cars.

BTW Nasser's CL55 is not re-badged.  Here's an example of one with single exhausts (http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Pictures-c6082-pi11019619-2005-CL55-AMG.html) and one with duals (http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Pictures-c6082-pi11019619-2005-CL55-AMG.html)

Were both the Tans and SUpra stock. Because the Trans would have the upper hand. The supra, was (is ) a pig and needs to be tuned to be fast. As a matter of fact a non-turbo'd Supra will get beat by a IS300 (stock), they both have the same engine, but the IS300 is wayy lighter.

I know, because I live in the Washington,DC area where there are shops galore, and tuned EVO (in fact I regularly see 4 a day), Scobies on every street corner, and dudes asking when am I going to tune my IS300. In this realm I see Porsche TT's and Supras dualing at the stop light. Vipers and Lambos, going on the high way from 50 mph on.

And also due to my job, I typically see the end result of the races...

You can get the AMG package, which includes the badge, and wheels, but not the engine. But all factory AMG's come with the dual exhaust on each side, it is a distinguishing feature.  As a matter of fact on the SL55 AMG's, part of the rear lights are blacked off, whereas the SL500 (550's) are not.  The only true way to discern the difference (between CL55 and the garden variety) is the sound, and if one pops the hood.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 11:08:11 AM »
50,000$ Evo...

should i be jealous?
i mean im still 3 and a half years younger...happy with my body...and bitches love me!

She got fleeced I would have bought a used E55 that would blow the doors off that Evo , the old Evos are actually faster than the new ones .

The Coach

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »
50,000$ Evo...

should i be jealous?

A Mitsubishi for $50k?? Didn't even know they could cost that much. I baught this last year for $42K with all the bells and whistles........

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 11:29:16 AM »
A Mitsubishi for $50k?? Didn't even know they could cost that much. I baught this last year for $42K with all the bells and whistles........

if you ever crash and turn that into shit... let me know to buy it! ;D

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 11:32:33 AM »

ahahahahahahahahaha..... girlfriend...... good one.

how is simon?

ta ta

who the fuck is Simon?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »
Nobdoy in their right mind in the US would buy a Evo MR for 47k-50K. They would even be able to move them off the lots. Well, be prepared for her to come crying about the engines. Mits 4 cyl are known for not being reliable...And actually she doesn't have the one up. As fast as they maybe, they are based on a econobox. If you had that versus say, a BMW 135i, you'd look descent going to a NOPI Nights, but look akward taking a girl out to a nice restaurant. Whereas, the BMW 135i, you wouldn't.

I wouldn't worry about a female putting herself in debt over a unreliable (and WAY overpriced car in CANADA) car that screams "RICER".

IMO this is one of the nicest looking cars ever made. I know it's not a high priced top notch quality vehicle.

But it is cool looking and I had a shitload of fun with mine

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 11:59:22 AM »
Wait for the 2010 Camaro to come out next year instead

I just bought a vehicle a few weeks ago but I'm likely to trade it in once that Camaro comes out.  :P

I see you more of a Toyota Camry kind of guy.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »
who the fuck is Simon?

your ex "girl"

yes you should feel jealous that's a nice freakin Motor!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 12:12:52 PM »
your ex "girl"

yes you should feel jealous that's a nice freakin Motor!

ta ta

her name is not Simon...r u on crack?
where did u hear me say that?

anyways not sure what you're getting at.
ta ta

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 12:23:22 PM »
What prevents someone living in Canada from crossing into the US and purchasing a new automobile? Is there some law or some import fee that Canadians have to pay to make purchasing their automobiles in Canada more attractive?

I remember a guy some of you may know who used to purchase or even steal cars in the Los Angeles area and get them shipped to Australia and make a bundle of money. This was back in the 60's so it might have gotten tougher now, although he did end up spending a short jail sentence in the US once they caught on to his modus operandi.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 12:27:57 PM »
Were both the Tans and SUpra stock. Because the Trans would have the upper hand. The supra, was (is ) a pig and needs to be tuned to be fast. As a matter of fact a non-turbo'd Supra will get beat by a IS300 (stock), they both have the same engine, but the IS300 is wayy lighter.

Both were slightly modified (TA had headers, exhaust & cold air intake and Supra, can't remember what he had but it was slightly modified too).  Keep in mind the TA was the older LT1 model (quoted at 275 horsepower stock) and the Supra is quoted at 320 I think.  The TA was also with an automatic transmission.  The race was from 0 to about 120 mph, and by that point the Supra was a good 3 bus-lengths behind.

And also due to my job, I typically see the end result of the races...

What type of job?  MD?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 12:30:26 PM »
What prevents someone living in Canada from crossing into the US and purchasing a new automobile? Is there some law or some import fee that Canadians have to pay to make purchasing their automobiles in Canada more attractive?

It's perfectly legal, but there's the hassle factor, an inspection the boarder to get it approved for Canadian roads, shipping costs, some customs fees.  When buying a used car privately in Canada you don't pay sales tax either, but even if you're buying a used private vehicle from the US you have to pay sales tax when it crosses the border.  And I've heard some dealerships in the US are hesitant to sell new vehicles to Canadians.

Lots of people still do it.  Even in Canada, the closer you drive south to the US boarder, the lower car prices within Canada become.

Paul Allen

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 01:06:06 PM »
yes, i realize the evo is most likely faster than most cars out there, even stock.  a guy i work with has one.

we basically paid the same price for our cars.  we both bought them in 06 paid about 35k each.

but , as i would like to avoid public ridicule by everyone other than 16 year old asian boys, i bought a domestic v8 and will keep doing so.

the guys who think they live inside of fast and furious can keep paying 30k for the ridiculous looking evo's.  more power to them if they can beat minivans off the line every time.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 01:10:46 PM »
IMO this is one of the nicest looking cars ever made. I know it's not a high priced top notch quality vehicle.

But it is cool looking and I had a shitload of fun with mine

lmfao top notch quality , Pontiac was among GM's worse for quality control especially firebirds hell even Chevy had less problems with QC with the same platform

nice looking is subjective , although I do think th 99 WS6 T/A was a nice looking car.

body88

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 01:13:58 PM »
But on a straight road the Evo would be lucky to have a view of that Camaro's exhaust.  Straight line performance of an Evo is comparable to the 98-2002 F-Body (Camaro/Trans Am) which "only" had 320 hp, and the new upcoming Camaro will have 400 hp base, and then later a 500 hp model.

Different tastes I guess, personally I do not like the look of the Evo or Impreza, they don't look mean or sporty at all IMO.

Depends on how you look at it. I would wajor the new evo mr will be as fast, if not faster to 60 than the new comaro. I mean, we are talking about a factory comaro here correct? The domestic hot rod will have more hp, but the traction will not be as good as on the evo. Also, the new evo tranny is being hailed as one of the greatest ever tested. Aside from a drag strip, that is all the racing 95 percent of the people who buy these comaros will do, light -to -light. Also, straight line performace only matters to drag racers, serious car enthusiasts race their machines on tracks - IMO. How many times have you seen a top exotic car tested on the drag strip as the benchmark for it's performance? It's easy to make cars go fast, however it's a lot harder to make them go fast around a track. I don't like the evo, but it is a monster on the track. You would be hard pressed to find better performance for the cost.

You are correct - the new comaro will be a great drag car, better looking and cooler than the evo, but the evo is all around the faster car. Unless you are dragging, a car is considered "fast" by it's lap times on the track.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 01:16:55 PM »
lmfao top notch quality , Pontiac was among GM's worse for quality control especially firebirds hell even Chevy had less problems with QC with the same platform

nice looking is subjective , although I do think th 99 WS6 T/A was a nice looking car.

Correct.

That's why I said "IMO"  and "I know it's not a quality vehicle" :D

FWIW  I never had a problem with mine. owned it for 3 years and everything still worked when it got seized by the DEA

body88

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »
For once I agree with bigboobs. I was a Trans am guy myself in my salad days. In real life it's stoplight to stoplight racing. Or occasionally a  race on the parkway. Both of which are dominated by the car with more straight line speed. Ten minute high speed races through the local streets only happen in movies. IRL you'd have 5 cops on your ass and wind up in jail, or crash, whichever comes first

The evo gets to 60 in about 5.0 seconds, and with the highly advanced traction control - it does it with no wheelspin. I would think light to light the evo would be just as quick as the new comaro. I never said 10 min high speed races happen in public, I said that on the track an evo would mash any stock camaro or mustang in the world. Don't get it twisted, my fav exotic is the for GT, but the GT is just as good on the track, as it is on the drag strip.

The evo is an ugly ricer, but it is a well known juggernaut - ( considering it's price) on the track. I am a bwm type of guy, just saying. Anyway, for the money there is nothing in the world faster than this. The Arial Atom recorded the world's fastest 0 - 60 time. The new atom pulled a 2.6 second 0 - 60 time. It's faster to sixty than anything short of a aftermarket draggster. That includes the Mclaren f1, and the Veyron.