Author Topic: muscle tank tops? when and where okay to wear?  (Read 8126 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
muscle tank tops? when and where okay to wear?
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
hey everyone! just saw the new indy jones movie this weekend (sunday night) and in this packed sold out theatre i see some dude come into the theater right before the lights go down with his woman wearing a muscle tank top to the movies? it was one of those where down the back it's only how should i say a middle strip going up? yeah, he wasn't a 250 freak but was damn ripped and obviously juiced but seriously . . .

who wears this to go to the movies or anywhere in public for that matter? does anyone even wear these kind of tanks to workout in a gym anymore? is wearing a tiny muscle tank top  appropriate anywhere unless your jay cutler and even then? i actually felt two things: one was this guy must be an attention hungry narcissitic dude/asshole, or a pathetic clueless loser. hell maybe it's me?! laugh!

i just thought i would post this topic and see comments.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: muscle tank tops? when and where okay to wear?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
hey everyone! just saw the new indy jones movie this weekend (sunday night) and in this packed sold out theatre i see some dude come into the theater right before the lights go down with his woman wearing a muscle tank top to the movies? it was one of those where down the back it's only how should i say a middle strip going up? yeah, he wasn't a 250 freak but was damn ripped and obviously juiced but seriously . . .

who wears this to go to the movies or anywhere in public for that matter? does anyone even wear these kind of tanks to workout in a gym anymore? is wearing a tiny muscle tank top  appropriate anywhere unless your jay cutler and even then? i actually felt two things: one was this guy must be an attention hungry narcissitic dude/asshole, or a pathetic clueless loser. hell maybe it's me?! laugh!

In other words, he is a bodybuilder.  ;D

Seriously, some people crave attention.  When you wear clothing like that it is obvious you want people to look at you.  At least he had the body to pull it off.  Haven't you seen guys wear that stuff when they are 180lbs?   :-[

When it comes to big muscles if you've got it flaunt it, but don't dare cop an attitude when people (even people you don't want) look at you or worse come on to you.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
In other words, he is a bodybuilder.  ;D

Seriously, some people crave attention.  When you wear clothing like that it is obvious you want people to look at you.  At least he had the body to pull it off.  Haven't you seen guys wear that stuff when they are 180lbs?   :-[

When it comes to big muscles if you've got it flaunt it, but don't dare cop an attitude when people (even people you don't want) look at you or worse come on to you.

Tell that to Gustavio Baddel.......
HAHA, RON.....

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 10:01:37 AM »

I wouldnt but then im not walking around pointing out what orther people are doing or wearing to each his own....
MIND YOURE OWN FUCKING BUSINESS ;D
p

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:11:45 AM »
dan18 (mind my own fucking business?) i just posted this topic on everyone's thoughts. for instance if i personally should wear something like this to the movies,or anywhere for that matter should i expect alot of negative comments from others or not?  perhaps i shouldn't give a shit what anyone thinks in the first place, but let's face it we all do if were honest. should i expect people to laugh or be a jerk to my face if i wore this to a movie theatre? should i care? let's face it there is and always be a certain dress attire and decorum to certain places (i.e. church, a funeral, etc.) so where's the line in wearing skimpy workout clothes to various other places?

when should i or anyone comment on such wear in various places. everyone does it! it's like if some hot woman wore slutty clothes to a church picnic or at a packed christmas time mall. everyone would comment negatively yes? i know some of you will continue to say " who gives a shit what others think of you and how you want to act and dress" but don't we have to sometime give a shit? don't all of us judge others whether good or bad? damn i'm getting way too philosophical about this! laugh!

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »

Sounds like a douchebag to me.  "Hey, check it out.  I have muscle I took drugs for.  Have a disfunctional ballbag and probably unintelligent."
I remember seeing some assclown like this at a Penn & Teller show.  It's night...everyone in the crowd is dressed like a normal human...this buttstain comes in like he's going to Gold's after.  Of course, he's on gear and his skank girlfriend has implants.
These types are at the pinnacle of douchebaggery and everything that's wrong with the bbing persona.
N

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »
Sounds like a douchebag to me.  "Hey, check it out.  I have muscle I took drugs for.  Have a disfunctional ballbag and probably unintelligent."
I remember seeing some assclown like this at a Penn & Teller show.  It's night...everyone in the crowd is dressed like a normal human...this buttstain comes in like he's going to Gold's after.  Of course, he's on gear and his skank girlfriend has implants.
These types are at the pinnacle of douchebaggery and everything that's wrong with the bbing persona.

I bet he drove to the place in his Hummer, with personalized plates, which read "2BIG4U". Did he have the mandatory tribal band tat?
HAHA, RON.....

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »
this guy is an attention whore, he got yours and you are jealous and would kill to be him and be able to do that kind of shit.

Nonetheless you both gay; him because if you're built, no need to wear tank top at the theater, a shirt or tshirt should be enough to show off, and you because you cry about it on a messageboard.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 10:19:01 AM »
When its hot outside, I say anywhere.
When its the middle of winter, and you're
not training, it could be arrogant,
borderline silly.

I think chicks can wear it anywhere they wish
Most are all show no go!

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 10:28:47 AM »
dan18 (mind my own fucking business?) i just posted this topic on everyone's thoughts. for instance if i personally should wear something like this to the movies,or anywhere for that matter should i expect alot of negative comments from others or not?  perhaps i shouldn't give a shit what anyone thinks in the first place, but let's face it we all do if were honest. should i expect people to laugh or be a jerk to my face if i wore this to a movie theatre? should i care? let's face it there is and always be a certain dress attire and decorum to certain places (i.e. church, a funeral, etc.) so where's the line in wearing skimpy workout clothes to various other places?

when should i or anyone comment on such wear in various places. everyone does it! it's like if some hot woman wore slutty clothes to a church picnic or at a packed christmas time mall. everyone would comment negatively yes? i know some of you will continue to say " who gives a shit what others think of you and how you want to act and dress" but don't we have to sometime give a shit? don't all of us judge others whether good or bad? damn i'm getting way too philosophical about this! laugh!

MELTDOWN ;D
p

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 10:29:24 AM »
I bet he drove to the place in his Hummer, with personalized plates, which read "2BIG4U". Did he have the mandatory tribal band tat?
The only asshole in the audience that night with a tribal tat, was myself..haha, BANG!
The Hummer with personalized assclown plate, I wouldn't be shocked.  Probably a yellow one too..haha, real class. ;)
These guys are a dime a dozen in Vegas.  They should periodically bomb this place to rid the trash that migrates here.  Between the fake stripper whores and roided up middle aged GH clowns, it's a real mess..haah
N

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »
When its hot outside, I say anywhere.
When its the middle of winter, and you're
not training, it could be arrogant,
borderline silly.

I think chicks can wear it anywhere they wish
Yes, but all females who look mildly decent, are attention whores.  This is a given.
N

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »
Im in Florida (hot as hell right now high 80's),id never wear a "string tank top" anywhere
this is about as close as i get (and im 260 lbs/fairly lean)

only a douche-bag would wear a string-tank top to the movies (no matter how "jacked" he was!)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 11:33:30 AM »
only a douche-bag would wear a string-tank top to the movies (no matter how "jacked" he was!)

I agree completely.  Even worse are those guys that wear shirts that are too small for them.
Although I gotta admit, one night I did wear one, and I must have had 10 girls come up and introduce themselves.  Most nights, it's a regular t-shirt and nobody talks to me.  The night I wear a tight shirt on my massive 180 ounce frame, they come up nonstop.  So while string-tops and tight shirts are the epitomie of douchebaggery, there are stupid girls out there who don't know this.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »
Im in Florida (hot as hell right now high 80's),id never wear a "string tank top" anywhere
this is about as close as i get (and im 260 lbs/fairly lean)

Yeah, I'm in south Fla. too, but wuld'nt even be caught in ANY tank top bullshit...I quit wearing this shit when I was 8...even at age 12 I thought only total douchebags wear this kind of shit 8)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »
I don't know what you guys are bitching about, if the weather suits it (ie. it's hot as fucking hell) then why not !?!? it's 45 degrees and you're gonna be wearing a sweatshirt !?!?  as long as the guy has the body for it there's nothing wrong with it. I've been to vegas , in that crazy weather I was wearing string tanks every day I was there!. Oh  and croatch don't be such a jealous bitch, you probably spent the whole night wishing you were that guy.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 11:48:21 AM »
I agree completely.  Even worse are those guys that wear shirts that are too small for them.
Although I gotta admit, one night I did wear one, and I must have had 10 girls come up and introduce themselves.  Most nights, it's a regular t-shirt and nobody talks to me.  The night I wear a tight shirt on my massive 180 ounce frame, they come up nonstop.  So while string-tops and tight shirts are the epitomie of douchebaggery, there are stupid girls out there who don't know this.

LOL 240 is a pimp
!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 11:56:25 AM »
If you have any physique at all wearing one will get you looks and stuff and you'll feel like you're a stud or something.

;D prefer whitebeaters myself.. so..

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »
What about the token guy in the bar wearing a wife beater to show off his ink.
Sometimes he'll mix it up and wear a zip up hoodie over top. 
I

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 12:12:08 PM »
the problem is yours. accept people no matter how they dress. seek peace and understanding and eventually you will reach happiness.

good luck
Z

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 12:16:31 PM »
to answer your question Tom, no, they are not "okay" to wear.

if its 1000 degrees outside, i dont think the missing sleeves of a shirt are going to cool you off.

attention whoring at its finest

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 12:21:35 PM »
If I knew a dude instead of a girl would be looking at me I wouldn't of worn it to the movie :-\

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 12:34:22 PM »
I'll never forget the time I actually ventured out into a mall at X-Mas time (10 yrs back?). I was using the down escalator, so I'm watching the rest of the unwashed riding the up escalator and slowly I focus on this ILS douche in a tank top. Unf*ckingbelievable! This is in Canada! In December! Well, as you can imagine, I was traumatized, and sought out the first aid station, post haste. It was a Black Christmas, indeed.  :-\

/i have one david robinson bball jersey, which is basically a tank: i have never worn it 

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 01:03:22 PM »
Tank tops went out of style in the 90's.