Author Topic: Rupert Murdoch predicts landslide WIN for Democrats  (Read 1390 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rupert Murdoch predicts landslide WIN for Democrats
« on: May 29, 2008, 09:10:47 AM »
Hedge, I knew you'd like this one.  Looks like you were right.

CARLSBAD, California (Reuters) - News Corp Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch on Wednesday predicted a Democratic landslide in the U.S. presidential election against a gloomy economic backdrop over the next 18 months.

Murdoch has yet to endorse a U.S. presidential candidate but considers Barack Obama very promising, the media magnate said in an interview by two Wall Street Journal reporters at an annual conference for high-tech industry insiders.

News Corp recently acquired ownership of the Journal and its parent company Dow Jones & Co.

"You have got the Obama phenomenon. You have got, undoubtedly, a recession ... The average American is really getting hurt financially and that all bodes well for him (Obama), Murdoch said.

"You have probably the making of a complete phenomenon in this country," Murdoch said in describing what he predicted will be a sweeping victory for Democrats in November.

The recent special election for a U.S. Congressional seat held by Republicans in Mississippi showed how powerless that party may be in the face of a rising political tide, Murdoch said. Democrat Travis Childers won the seat this month.

Murdoch said Obama and John McCain, the expected nominee of the Republican Party, both have a lot of problems, but McCain will be hurt by his party and his close ties to Washington. Race will be an issue for Obama, who would be the first black U.S. president, but "it looks like he overcomes that, overcomes that totally."

Murdoch is associated with conservative political views but has a reputation for a pragmatic streak in major national races where he has shown a willingness to switch sides when he detects major political changes afoot.

"I think it (a recession) is one we will be coming out of for quite some time," Murdoch said. "In the next 18 months, this country is going to be in for a very hard time."

In the 2008 U.S. Presidential race, Murdoch said he is not yet backing anyone, but then quickly added: "I want to meet Obama. I want to know if he going to walk the walk."

Murdoch said he had played a role in the endorsement by the New York Post, one of his global stable of papers, in endorsing Obama during the Democratic primary with Hillary Clinton in New York.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Rupert Murdoch predicts landslide WIN for Democrats
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:23:19 AM »

CARLSBAD, California (Reuters) - News Corp Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch on Wednesday predicted a Democratic landslide in the U.S. presidential election against a gloomy economic backdrop over the next 18 months.

Murdoch has yet to endorse a U.S. presidential candidate but considers Barack Obama very promising, the media magnate said in an interview by two Wall Street Journal reporters at an annual conference for high-tech industry insiders.

News Corp recently acquired ownership of the Journal and its parent company Dow Jones & Co.

"You have got the Obama phenomenon. You have got, undoubtedly, a recession ... The average American is really getting hurt financially and that all bodes well for him (Obama), Murdoch said.

"You have probably the making of a complete phenomenon in this country," Murdoch said in describing what he predicted will be a sweeping victory for Democrats in November.

The recent special election for a U.S. Congressional seat held by Republicans in Mississippi showed how powerless that party may be in the face of a rising political tide, Murdoch said. Democrat Travis Childers won the seat this month.

Murdoch said Obama and John McCain, the expected nominee of the Republican Party, both have a lot of problems, but McCain will be hurt by his party and his close ties to Washington. Race will be an issue for Obama, who would be the first black U.S. president, but "it looks like he overcomes that, overcomes that totally."

Murdoch is associated with conservative political views but has a reputation for a pragmatic streak in major national races where he has shown a willingness to switch sides when he detects major political changes afoot.

"I think it (a recession) is one we will be coming out of for quite some time," Murdoch said. "In the next 18 months, this country is going to be in for a very hard time."

In the 2008 U.S. Presidential race, Murdoch said he is not yet backing anyone, but then quickly added: "I want to meet Obama. I want to know if he going to walk the walk."

Murdoch said he had played a role in the endorsement by the New York Post, one of his global stable of papers, in endorsing Obama during the Democratic primary with Hillary Clinton in New York.

One of the biggest scumbags on earth...
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:26:16 AM »
agreed.

it's hard to envision a scenario where a country who hates the war, and hates the recession, is going to elect a guy who will maintain the status quo.

I guess some folks here believe mccain won because of the wright story, but honestly, to anyone who has lost their health insurance or their job, obama's pastor doesn't matter one bit.  Feeding their kids does.

Gas hit $3.95 national average today.  Up 75 cents from last year at this time.  We see the dems starting congressional inquiries and calling for the loosening of the strategic reserve.  the repubs?  crickets.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 09:27:18 AM »
agreed.

it's hard to envision a scenario where a country who hates the war, and hates the recession, is going to elect a guy who will maintain the status quo.

I guess some folks here believe mccain won because of the wright story, but honestly, to anyone who has lost their health insurance or their job, obama's pastor doesn't matter one bit.  Feeding their kids does.

Gas hit $3.95 national average today.  Up 75 cents from last year at this time.  We see the dems starting congressional inquiries and calling for the loosening of the strategic reserve.  the repubs?  crickets.

I was referring to Murdoch.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 09:31:39 AM »
I was referring to Murdoch.

i agree with you that he's a scumbag.

i agree with him that dems will likely win and win big due to it being a change election.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 11:11:52 AM »
The democrats are putting up the largest obstacle to lower gas prices!!!  Allow us to drill our own natural resources like all the other leading countries do.  The environmentalists and certain democrats are handicapping this nation.  Its about supply & demand.  Many experts have spoke about this in the last couple weeks.  That is the only reasonable short term solution!  Alternative fuels are the long term solutions.  Subsidies for oil companies only if they start drilling and investing in alternative fuels.  This is not as complicated an issue as some people think.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »
The democrats are putting up the largest obstacle to lower gas prices!!!  Allow us to drill our own natural resources like all the other leading countries do.  The environmentalists and certain democrats are handicapping this nation.  Its about supply & demand.  Many experts have spoke about this in the last couple weeks.  That is the only reasonable short term solution!  Alternative fuels are the long term solutions.  Subsidies for oil companies only if they start drilling and investing in alternative fuels.  This is not as complicated an issue as some people think.

I agree with the drilling.

But didn't we just have 6 years of republican controlled congress?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »
I agree with the drilling.

But didn't we just have 6 years of republican controlled congress?

Yep.  If Bush wanted us to drillin Alaska, it certainly would have happened.

But, Exxon (and other big companies) would have made a shitload less $.  Using its own dollars to build new oil infrastructure domestically, well, that costs a bit more than using US taxpayer money (borrowed from china in our names) to pay 160k haliburton employees to build the infrastructure for Exxon.

Do you get it yet? ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 11:31:19 AM »
Yep.  If Bush wanted us to drillin Alaska, it certainly would have happened.

But, Exxon (and other big companies) would have made a shitload less $.  Using its own dollars to build new oil infrastructure domestically, well, that costs a bit more than using US taxpayer money (borrowed from china in our names) to pay 160k haliburton employees to build the infrastructure for Exxon.

Do you get it yet? ;)

So are you saying the "Blame the Dems" is another load of brain washing crap being programmed into the BUSH nipple whores?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »

Must be nice being an emperor like Murdoch. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 11:39:11 AM »
So are you saying the "Blame the Dems" is another load of brain washing crap being programmed into the BUSH nipple whores?

LOL @ bush nipple whores.

It's so funny... they can't even defend positions anymore.  All they can do is insult 'libs' and accuse them of being appeasers.

joelocal, you never told us why it wasn't appeasement when Bush gave 1 mil barrels of oil to NKorea to stop firing missiles at us ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 02:31:04 PM »
you're so right 240. it's kinda comical at this point !  ;D

2 years ago when this board started, it was so different.  I think there were 3 of us who believed 911 was allowed to happen.  (Now there are probably only 3 who believe the official story). 

Remember when Joelocal and BeachCum would MOCK us when we said the war was all about oil and bases?  Suddenly we have 41 permanent bases.  Suddenly there are US firms dividing up 80% of the Iraqi fields.  Their rhetoric has become "Oil isn't the ONLY reason we invaded".

It's great to actually see progress.  People are not stupid.  And once someone learns they've been duped, they often don't trust the lying entity again.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 04:03:45 PM »
Yeah we're seeing alot from those fields.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »

I still haven't had a solid definition of liberalism from you.
I hate the State.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 09:34:48 PM »
could we really believe he would come out and say mccain will be the next president? hell no, it goes against what this election is about. If he plays the same song and dance...to appeal to the necons..which he is.... he'll look like the same bastard the public knows he is.

theres a little strategy to this....he says obama is inevitable...the underdog seems that more appealing to others

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 01:32:22 AM »

I was wrong about Hillary though.

But Murdoch seems to have changed his "loyalties".

For whatever that is worth. ::)

The media tycoons have too much power. That is a problem.

Regardless of who Murdoch supports, he is a scumbag.

I lost a lot of respect for Bill Clinton when I found out that he had been in talks with Rupert Murdoch.

And I have none for Tony Blair who's been in bed with Murdoch since day one.
As empty as paradise

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 09:36:09 AM »

It will go down in history as one of the worst attempts at "Occupation" in history.   Bush was hoping to set up a 51st state in Iraq................The Iraqi farmers were to much to deal with and handed our ass to us.