Author Topic: History of bb.com: Live video chat Friday 5-30-08 with the DeLuca brothers  (Read 17273 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ok, here is the chance for us to chat with and talk to Ryan and Jeremy (President and Vice President) on how they built up Bodybuilding.com into the empire it is now. And any other decent questions you wish to ask.

I have know both Ryan and Jeremy ever since they were little kids (ok... maybe about 7 or 8 years now), and both are still down to earth and pretty cool. Check them out.

I will be chatting up and asking some questions too!

Join guest hosts Ryan DeLuca and Jeremy DeLuca on the Bodybuilding.com live Justin.tv video chat for "The History of Bodybuilding.com!"

Learn all about the humble beginnings of the world's most influential bodybuilding website!  Ask the founders your questions, and get live answers - instantly!

Don't miss our upcoming Justin.tv video chat tomorrow, Friday, May 30, 2008, at NOON Pacific Time!

For more info, click here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/justintv.htm

http://www.justin.tv/bbcom

io856

Matt C is going to be delighted!
Im looking forward to this.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
 Cool! I hear that Chris Bell from the new documentary 'BIGGER STRONGER FASTER' is going to be on BIG NATION RADIO on Monday night.   :D
?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Can I ask them if they "arranged" to have Bob Chick "win" the Master's?

Can I ask them why Bob Chick claimed to be able to access our personal info?

Can I ask them why their site chooses to affiliate with a known racist like Matt C?

Can I ask them if the reason they chose not to webcast the NY Pro is because they knew it would suck ass and all the seats would be empty?
Ron: "I am lazy."

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
How do the brothers feel about employing a Racist?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
are they offering time shares at the end of the presentation?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
are they offering time shares at the end of the presentation?

Yeah, but they're in Idaho, so I doubt anyone will be buying.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
How do the brothers feel about employing a Racist?

They don't employ Matt, but enough of his racist views. This is bodybuilding, not a propergando forum for him. He knows how I feel, and will honor it.

are they offering time shares at the end of the presentation

I am sorry, but Liberty already beat you to it.  It is a chance for people to meet the DeLuca's.

Can I ask them why Bob Chick claims to be able to access our personal info?
Can I ask them if the reason they chose not to webcast the NY Pro is because they knew it would suck ass?

Bob won the show, and I am sorry you don't like that. They don't care who wins a show.  No, Bob cannot access your personal info.  They chose not to webcast the NY Pro because it wasn't feasible at the time. A webcast of a show costs over $30,000 minimum. A lot of money.

richardbarnet

• Getbig II
  • bbcom_developer

Yeah, but they're in Idaho, so I doubt anyone will be buying.

LOL, wanna buy some potatoes?    ;)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

Can I ask them why Bob Chick claims to be able to access our personal info?

Can I ask them why their site chooses to affiliate with a known racist like Matt C?

Can I ask them if the reason they chose not to webcast the NY Pro is because they knew it would suck ass and all the seats would be empty?

Enough with the Negativity.Don't ask the hard questions. There are things that you can't mention here at getbig just ask Ron he PMs me all the time.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
They don't employ Matt, but enough of his racist views. This is bodybuilding, not a propaganda forum for him. He knows how I feel, and will honor it.

ok you put him in time-out for 30 years................... ...cool
 ;)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Enough with the Negativity.Don't ask the hard questions. There are things that you can't mention here at getbig just ask Ron he PMs me all the time.

Asking questions, and being an idiot are two very seperate things. You know the difference. You ask an real question, get a real answer. You ask a question, then go mock everything, you become a troll.

You are welcome to ask the Ryan and Jeremy whatevery you want. They are both very cool guys with are down to earth.  And support bodybuilding tremendously, putting money into shows, and trying to give the best information, pics, news and more to the competing fans and the non-competing fans as well.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
Ok, here is the chance for us to chat with and talk to Ryan and Jeremy (President and Vice President) on how they built up Bodybuilding.com into the empire it is now. And any other decent questions you wish to ask.

I have know both Ryan and Jeremy ever since they were little kids (ok... maybe about 7 or 8 years now), and both are still down to earth and pretty cool. Check them out.

I will be chatting up and asking some questions too!

Join guest hosts Ryan DeLuca and Jeremy DeLuca on the Bodybuilding.com live Justin.tv video chat for "The History of Bodybuilding.com!"

Learn all about the humble beginnings of the world's most influential bodybuilding website!  Ask the founders your questions, and get live answers - instantly!

Don't miss our upcoming Justin.tv video chat tomorrow, Friday, May 30, 2008, at NOON Pacific Time!

For more info, click here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/justintv.htm

http://www.justin.tv/bbcom

now that right there is money! if you want to know where the real money is beside hormones ofcourse...look no farther,,BIG BIG MONEY and ofcourse the most trusted site in the history of fitness and bodybuilding,,completely and utterly dystroyed any supplement stores around the  world,,yes you heard that right..THE WORLD

top 10 internet sites todate in history of internet

fallen angel

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
It's Great to see guys making the Big Dollars without having to Abuse Drugs in this industry.Smart very Smart.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
No, Bob cannot access your personal info. 

I know that, which is why I found it odd that he claimed to be able to on a public board back when 240 had him melting down all over the place a few years ago.  I'm curious what the DeLucas think of this.

richardbarnet

• Getbig II
  • bbcom_developer

I know that, which is why I found it odd that he claimed to be able to on a public board back when 240 had him melting down all over the place a few years ago.  I'm curious what the DeLucas think of this.

Well, Bob is a mod, and as such could look up an IP address or an email address.  That's about it, though.  (It's not like it's a SS# or home address or anything.)  LOL    :o

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Well, Bob is a mod, and as such could look up an IP address or an email address.  That's about it, though.  (It's not like it's a SS# or home address or anything.)  LOL    :o

No, not info on Getbig or bb.com boards.  He claimed he had access to everyone's bodybuilding.com customer accounts.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
they could write of the 30,000 loss

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels

No, not info on Getbig or bb.com boards.  He claimed he had access to everyone's bodybuilding.com customer accounts.

if you think that he is some kid who plays around i got news for you ... hes a professiona that works for this company making 6 figure ,,if you think he has time to look into a 17 year old who buying 100$ worth of protien then you have too mcuh time on your hand

no professiona in ANY FIELD has the time or the need to even start thinking about looking into anything,,familys ,,life,,guest posing,,hositng events,,obligations of contract,,who has time to sit on computer and do anything but have little fun?
fallen angel

richardbarnet

• Getbig II
  • bbcom_developer

if you think that he is some kid who plays around i got news for you ... hes a professiona that works for this company making 6 figure ,,if you think he has time to look into a 17 year old who buying 100$ worth of protien then you have too mcuh time on your hand

no professiona in ANY FIELD has the time or the need to even start thinking about looking into anything,,familys ,,life,,guest posing,,hositng events,,obligations of contract,,who has time to sit on computer and do anything but have little fun?

Hmmm.  Perhaps it would be best for Bob to come into this thread and clarify what he meant and/or said.  Personally, it sounds like a little light-hearted joke to me.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

Dumbass, he SAID IT HIMSELF.  I'm not wildly speculating...  this happened a couple of years ago before 240 became a pussy.  240 was pushing Bob's buttons about something, Bob was melting down, and he said something to the effect of "You probably don't even buy supplements. I can check your records at bodybuilding.com", and 240 challenged him on it, and he reiterated that he had access to customer records.  I think he even claimed to have a "piece of the company" or something like that.  240 probably has the original posts with the exact wording saved, but we had him melting down for weeks over those foot-in-mouth posts.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Hmmm.  Perhaps it would be best for Bob to come into this thread and clarify what he meant and/or said.  Personally, it sounds like a little light-hearted joke to me.

Bob already backtracked on this back when it happened.  It was obvious to all of us that a company like bb.com would not give a "sponsored athlete" access to anything like that, we called him on it, then after a day he claimed to have never said it, but 240 saved the post and re-posted his quote.  It was hilarious!  ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

Dumbass, he SAID IT HIMSELF.  I'm not wildly speculating...  this happened a couple of years ago before 240 became a pussy.  240 was pushing Bob's buttons about something, Bob was melting down, and he said something to the effect of "You probably don't even buy supplements. I can check your records at bodybuilding.com", and 240 challenged him on it, and he reiterated that he had access to customer records.  I think he even claimed to have a "piece of the company" or something like that.  240 probably has the original posts with the exact wording saved, but we had him melting down for weeks over those foot-in-mouth posts.
it was an incredible exchange

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

I never claimed any such thing.....get your story straight, douchbag

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

Bob already backtracked on this back when it happened.  It was obvious to all of us that a company like bb.com would not give a "sponsored athlete" access to anything like that, we called him on it, then after a day he claimed to have never said it, but 240 saved the post and re-posted his quote.  It was hilarious!  ;D

Really? By all means look it up and post it.....never happened.