Author Topic: Drill Now - Petition  (Read 1018 times)

Meshelle

• Getbig II
Drill Now - Petition
« on: May 30, 2008, 05:09:34 PM »
We do need to develop alternative energy sources, but until we do we need oil - NOW.

Sign the Petition

http://www.americansolutions.com/actioncenter/petitions...5b-aa7b-346a1e096659

We, therefore, the undersigned citizens of the United States, petition the U.S. Congress to act immediately to lower gasoline prices by authorizing the exploration of proven energy reserves to reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Drill Now - Petition
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
NO!

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »
According to Stephen Leeb, it will take 5 years just to get the oil flowing from ANWR, and another 15 years for peak production.  Even the peak production we get is a nat on the ass of the world oil demand.

Out next military move is for African oil.  We will be deploying 40,000 troops there shortly.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:14:18 PM »
Out next military move is for African oil.  We will be deploying 40,000 troops there shortly.

With the increase in Muslim terrorist training camps it only a matter of months

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »
If the country could agree to use other resources for electricity like solar and wind then some of the load could be reduced on coal plants.   Also i think homes need to be built smaller for efficiency.  It seems to be an american trend to have the square footage of a shopping mall for a home......

As cars will come down in size i hope realistic homes and communitys can be developed where effiency is key and status symbols change.

So im for this if i could believe that we can reduce our consumption of oil from 20 million barrels a day to 10 or so....then we could be self sufficient and need NO outside help as we wean ourselves completely off oil in the near future.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 08:19:18 PM »
If the country could agree to use other resources for electricity like solar and wind then some of the load could be reduced on coal plants.   Also i think homes need to be built smaller for efficiency.  It seems to be an american trend to have the square footage of a shopping mall for a home......

As cars will come down in size i hope realistic homes and communitys can be developed where effiency is key and status symbols change.

::)  should we decrease our meal size as well comrade Stalin, maybe we can implement a holodomor program

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 08:22:27 PM »
::)  should we decrease our meal size as well comrade Stalin, maybe we can implement a holodomor program

Probably wouldnt hurt.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »
Why not Calmus?  All other industrialized nations are using their natural resources.  We handicap ourselves and make our own people suffer by not using our natural resources.  Increase our own supply and bring down price.  Alternative energy/fuels are yrs in the future.  If we can increase supplies in the next 1-2 yrs we can bring down price, while companies perfect other fuel sources.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »
One of these days you should take a trip to a large oil refinery, or to N. Alaska and see what drilling/refining actually does. What's done can't be undone.

I would rather pay more for gas than lose our other natural resources.  I am well over six feet tall and I'm not exactly skinny, and I drive a small hybrid... that is more than twice as fuel efficient as the average car on the road. It is worth the sacrifice. I would rather see all of you in similar cars before I see a single new well drilled. It would also be quicker to get you in a similar car than to bring a new oil-field online.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 12:58:25 PM »
Mandating better fuel efficiency is also a must.  When they make cars with alternative energy more affordable and convenient, I'd be happy to swich over.  Its not just cars though, we use oil for everything.  Prices in all industries have gone up because raw material and transport costs.  We have to do something now.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 01:01:26 PM »
We do need to develop alternative energy sources, but until we do we need oil - NOW.

Sign the Petition

http://www.americansolutions.com/actioncenter/petitions...5b-aa7b-346a1e096659

We, therefore, the undersigned citizens of the United States, petition the U.S. Congress to act immediately to lower gasoline prices by authorizing the exploration of proven energy reserves to reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries.

NO.

Tell your sisters "Lashonda" and "Ta'chelle" that they got no support for their BS here. ::)
As empty as paradise

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 01:02:27 PM »
Mandating better fuel efficiency is also a must.  When they make cars with alternative energy more affordable and convenient, I'd be happy to swich over.  Its not just cars though, we use oil for everything.  Prices in all industries have gone up because raw material and transport costs.  We have to do something now.

My car's pretty affordable.  Pretty sure it cost me less than 30k.