Author Topic: Theoretical Physicist Michio Kaku talks about potential alien civilisations...  (Read 8186 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
That shit is boring. I'm about 2 things: pussy, pizza and beer. Fuck space.

Your kids has a bright future ::)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
He's a professor at City College, which just happens to be in the same university system as mine. Have friends who go there and City has turned out some great minds for a public university. Originally started because jews were not permitted to enroll in Columbia University.

CUNY is great....Brooklyn College and Baruch are probably the best
I

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!

I mostly agree with what he says but I don't think he said one thing that wasn't obvious to anyone who isn't living in some aliens fantasy world (where's figgie?!).

I also thinks he likes to cash in on the UFO craze :D Which is all good, making money is no shame :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

This has a lot to do with presenting very complex ideas as simply as possible for easy consumption by the masses.  Get the audience interested and then they can choose to pursue the finer details.

Disagree.  He's all about sensationalizing topics which don't need dumbing down to begin with, he's building fantasy on speculative supposition with a baseless QED attitude, and ignoring things which don't support his fantasy.  This is the sort of pop science which might engage a child, but the general adult public should be more savvy.  The dude is a bullshit artist.

Always reminded me of Carl Sagan.  Conveying science to the general public has never been as important as it is now.  

Whatever he's conveying, it ain't science.  He'd be a chapter in Sagan's "Demon Haunted World."  Carl Sagan will arrive shortly to slap yo head for you.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
  Carl Sagan will arrive shortly to slap yo head for you.

I have arrived. Where's warrior_code?

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
He mentioned the elite, and alluded that the NWO is the transition to the Type 1 civilisation.... He has had conversations with the Elite then he must be on good standing with them, and agrees this is the way to go....My question is do the vast population of i don't know, over 5 billion people in poverty have a place in this Type 1 civilisation or are they in the way? Will many of you that is in the middle class have a place? Will our economy last, will our sovereignty last as a nation? Do we as citizens have a right to vote on entering this phase or are we too stupid and ignorant and unintelligent? What are the moral implications of entering into this arena? What are the costs? Are these valid questions or we not qualified to ask them?

Alex23

Fear transition to a type1 "civilisation" = muslims.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

Fascinating, Captain.

But the nipper is still a bullshitter.

I have arrived. Where's warrior_code?

SIC!  SIC'M CARL!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
That shit is boring. I'm about 2 things: pussy, pizza and beer. Fuck space.

cmon falcon we know you dont mean that, say fuck anything that is a much bigger creation than me or you is absolutley foolish
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
cmon falcon we know you dont mean that, say fuck anything that is a much bigger creation than me or you is absolutley foolish

bump for broadstreet to open up to knew thought patterns :)
A

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Hmmm...
I hate the State.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
CUNY is great....Brooklyn College and Baruch are probably the best

;D

Yes

warrior_code

• Getbig III
Disagree.  He's all about sensationalizing topics which don't need dumbing down to begin with, he's building fantasy on speculative supposition with a baseless QED attitude, and ignoring things which don't support his fantasy.  This is the sort of pop science which might engage a child, but the general adult public should be more savvy.  The dude is a bullshit artist.

Whatever he's conveying, it ain't science.  He'd be a chapter in Sagan's "Demon Haunted World."  Carl Sagan will arrive shortly to slap yo head for you.

what I meant to say was he conveys scientific thought to the general public, similar to how Carl Sagan did with Cosmos or what Richard Dawkins does.  The more people who are awe inspired by looking at the stars or through a microscope at a fungal culture the better.