Author Topic: Theoretical Physicist Michio Kaku talks about potential alien civilisations...  (Read 8222 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
Debussey owns several of his books :D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Brilliant man and a great populariser of science and physics...
I hate the State.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
I don't agree with exploring thru robots...It would be better to use a Stargate...

I think it might take longer than 100 years to become a type one, although, we are showing signs that we can control the weather in some shape or form.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Michio Kaku is a very brilliant physicist. I was reading one of his books the other day about time travel while in Barnes and Noble.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Is he der Überdork?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
 hes always on the science channel !! cool dude !!

The Master

• Getbig V
He is funny too :D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
More...

I hate the State.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Met the guy here in Dublin...

I even have a signed copy of his Hyperspace book... when a famous physicist is being ushered around after giving a lecture the semi-professional monster hunter always gets introduced.

My copy of Hyperspace reads: "Luke, good luck in any dimension... -Michio Kaku"

I've also had conversations with the guy who won the Nobel prize for creating a Bose-Einstein condensate, and one of the dudes who cloned Dolly the sheep.

Seems if you're doing the lecture circuit you just get bored braindead answering the same questions over and over again... suddenly the chance to speak with an amateur treasure/monster hunter can pique any skeptics interest.

The Luke 

warrior_code

• Getbig III
Always reminded me of Carl Sagan.  Conveying science to the general public has never been as important as it is now. 

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods

Very, very interesting stuff.  I was a big fan of the Transformers when I was a kid, and really dug the recent movie.  The best part about it in some sense wasn't the special effects but the whole elaborate mythology they built into the plot about how these alien robots ended up losing their own planet and had to look elsewhere to live.  It's pretty cool to think about how big this universe really is and just how small we are in it, and who knows what else is out there.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Very, very interesting stuff.  I was a big fan of the Transformers when I was a kid, and really dug the recent movie.  The best part about it in some sense wasn't the special effects but the whole elaborate mythology they built into the plot about how these alien robots ended up losing their own planet and had to look elsewhere to live.  It's pretty cool to think about how big this universe really is and just how small we are in it, and who knows what else is out there.
I saw that movie on the IMAX, killing some time in Toronto. You'd figure IMAX would have the best resolution, moviewise, right? Ha! When those robots started fighting I couldn't make out shit. I walked outa there and I'm sure there was 1/2 hours worth of movie I had no idea what was going on.  >:(

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination

He's a professor at City College, which just happens to be in the same university system as mine. Have friends who go there and City has turned out some great minds for a public university. Originally started because jews were not permitted to enroll in Columbia University.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
I saw that movie on the IMAX, killing some time in Toronto. You'd figure IMAX would have the best resolution, moviewise, right? Ha! When those robots started fighting I couldn't make out shit. I walked outa there and I'm sure there was 1/2 hours worth of movie I had no idea what was going on.  >:(

Man you gotta see the whole thing through on DVD.  It's long (like 2.5 hours or so), but if you dig the mythological aspects of it, you'll be in for a real treat.  IMO, to appeal to 90% of audiences these days, that movie needed wayyyy more fight scenes and special effects, and less "story line", though I loved that story so I didn't mind.

The Master

• Getbig V
He's a professor at City College, which just happens to be in the same university system as mine. Have friends who go there and City has turned out some great minds for a public university. Originally started because jews were not permitted to enroll in Columbia University.

:o

Have you ever thought about entering some of his lectures, or at least taking some physics and/or math classes?

The Master

• Getbig V
And fuckers: His name is Michio Kaku, not Maku >:(

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
Man you gotta see the whole thing through on DVD.  It's long (like 2.5 hours or so), but if you dig the mythological aspects of it, you'll be in for a real treat.  IMO, to appeal to 90% of audiences these days, that movie needed wayyyy more fight scenes and special effects, and less "story line", though I loved that story so I didn't mind.

you can bet the sequel will have more fight/robot scenes; the first was so expensive with the computer animation, and with a limited budget you can only show so many robots scenes.  With the money rolling in, their budget will be even greater for the sequel.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
you can bet the sequel will have more fight/robot scenes; the first was so expensive with the computer animation, and with a limited budget you can only show so many robots scenes.  With the money rolling in, their budget will be even greater for the sequel.

That'd be cool to see more fight scenes and also a greater variety of robots.  Have you heard anything about the sequel?  I heard a while back they were planning it to appear in theaters summer 2009, if production went fine.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
That'd be cool to see more fight scenes and also a greater variety of robots.  Have you heard anything about the sequel?  I heard a while back they were planning it to appear in theaters summer 2009, if production went fine.

All I've heard is that they're talking Constructicons and Soundwave so far on the Decepticon side!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

Probably had an issue with the special effects being digitally generated, and then transferred to IMAX film.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
No data, no mention of collecting data.  Nothing wrong with imaginative and creative thinking in science but that guy is living proof of a man's ability to pile speculative intriguing bullshit ceiling high and to then present it to the public, straight faced, as "science."  Gee, I wonder why anyone would do that.  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
No data, no mention of collecting data.  Nothing wrong with imaginative and creative thinking in science but that guy is living proof of a man's ability to pile speculative intriguing bullshit ceiling high and to then present it to the public, straight faced, as "science."  Gee, I wonder why anyone would do that.  ::)

This has a lot to do with presenting very complex ideas as simply as possible for easy consumption by the masses.  Get the audience interested and then they can choose to pursue the finer details.
A

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
That shit is boring. I'm about 2 things: pussy, pizza and beer. Fuck space.
$

Red Hook

• Getbig V
I