Author Topic: The Luke: Since you're too lazy to do it.......  (Read 1007 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The Luke: Since you're too lazy to do it.......
« on: May 31, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »
As promised, I have started this thread to address the off-topic mess (from the "Califonia and same-sex 'marriage' thread) about which you kept blubbering.

Let's see.

Should I begin with your feeble attempt to cover yourself, after erroneously claiming that eating shellfish (and other unclean foods) was a capital offense, like homosexual behavior?

Or would you prefer me to go to work on your silly claims about Jesus?

Take your pick!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: The Luke: Since you're too lazy to do it.......
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:13:09 PM »
I'd like you both to STFU.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »
Rather than be misquoted by a moron in this thread I think I'll continue posting in the "California Same sex marriage thread" so everyone can read the argument in context... your misdirection tactics are tired and obvious MCWAY.

I have explained my points in detail in the other thread...

Don't bother selectively quoting me here when anyone can read my full argument... you'll only expose yourself for the self-convinced fool that you are.

The Luke

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:24:47 PM »
 ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 08:39:04 PM »
It appears that Luke can't quite find his way here. So, I'll have to do his work for him.

Your claims that Jesus condoned:

- Genital mutilation (circumcision). Ummmm......that was part of the covenant with Abraham, done ONLY to males, when they were eight days old (hardly the tortorous process you're pitifully making it to be).

- Arrange marriages: What's so "evil" about that? The parents set up the logistics, you know, silly little things like FOOD, SHELTER, ENSURING GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT. And, it appears you're assuming that there was no love involved between the parties. The concept of two youngsters in love, urging their parents to make the deal, is hardly an inconceivable one.

- Child molestation: where does this happen, again? Maybe someone should inform you that in the state of Massachusetts, females can marry as young as 12 (with parental permission). Is that molestation?

- Child sacrifice: Ummm....Child sacrifice had been outlawed since the days of Moses. Israel, unfortunately, did participate in it, as it's documented that Israel became more evil than its neighbors.

You referred to Jesus as a "freeloader". Last time I checked, he worked as a carpenter. In other words, he had a....JOB (see Mark 6).

Your spiel about widows is off the mark as well. The Pharisees were asking him a loaded question about a woman's husbands, dying one after the other (Matt. 22), in order to trip him up. They asked, whose wife would this hypothetical woman be "in the resurrection". This has ANYTHING but Jesus saying that widows should not be married.

Quite the opposite! When Peter carried on Jesus' ministry, he instructed Christians to dedicate their resources to widows with small children (see 1 Tim. 5)

Other widows had care systems in place, according to law. Women with grown offspring could be cared for by those offspring; and childless widows could be redeemed by their dead husband's male in-laws (see the book of Ruth).

I don't need to misquote you. You've tried to make the claim that Jesus was evil, because he allegedly didn't address these items (some of which aren't even offenses or "evils"). And, as such, you've tried tying Jesus' so-called moral failing into an argument, condoning same-sex "marriage".

But, given that your facts are anything but (in this instance), your case crumbles.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 08:49:44 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 08:52:24 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!