Author Topic: HRT  (Read 4645 times)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
HRT
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »
if HRT is legal and all good, why doesn't everyone over 30 do it?    whats the catch?

for me, i wonder about having my name associated with roids in that manner.  sounds like it could be easier to get from international.
you are gay.

4thAD

Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 10:29:36 AM »
because you not only need to be over 30, but you must have the blood work to justify the need for HRT. On top of that it is very expensive, and some people can not justify the expense!

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 10:31:45 AM »
can u only get test and GH?
you are gay.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 10:41:45 AM »
Maybe some people feel that synthetic hormones, on the cellular level, don't react exactly the same as your own genetically coded hormones. Very close, but not exactly. It also seems some people start with a light dose of say testosterone, and for a while everything is great..Sex drive is up, muscle mass is up, fat loss. Then after a while, the effects begin to diminish and the sex drive goes down. Between courses of anti-estrogens, HCG, then maybe proscar for hair loss and prostatic enlargment, high doses of test are needed to get the same effect as in the beginning. Soon that dose doesn't work as well, and higher doses are needed. Then more auxilliaries to combat the sides. I don't think HRT has been perfected yet. Look at Stallone. Yeah, his physique looks impressive, but it seems his face is very bloated and distorted from the GH and Test. I'm 45 and I wouldn't do HRT at this point. Maybe in 5 years if there are doctors that really perfect it. For now, I just take supplements that I find increase my own GH and test levels. They definitely work, just not dramatically. Some people in their 40's definitely need it and it helps with their quality of life. I just prefer personally to stimulate my own production rather than replace them.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 10:57:32 AM »
if HRT is legal and all good, why doesn't everyone over 30 do it?    whats the catch?

for me, i wonder about having my name associated with roids in that manner.  sounds like it could be easier to get from international.

Social stigma.

I firmly believe that in this age of environmental estrogens, all men over the age of 30-33 should have baseline testosterone, LH, PSA, estrogen, SHBG, and possibly DHEA-S done.  And if the levels are low, the need to discuss HRT.  If the doctor refuses, find a different doctor and make damned sure the one that is being left understands why they are not being used anymore. 

The thing that is forgotten by both doctors and patients is that hypogonadism is generally a gradual process.  It doesn't happen overnight or even over the course of few weeks.  Since it comes on slowly, the body tries to adjust and compensate as much as it can.  Clinical signs may be present, but they may not be noticed for a long, long time.  I've tracked my own clinical signs back almost 5 years now.  During that time I was in a residency working 70-90 hours a week.   I was always tired.   I blamed the work load, not the need for HRT. 

Combine that with the general lack of knowledge of human reproductive systems of the average GP and the social stigmas associated with the drugs---lets face it, "Antiaging clinics" are often times a means for people to obtain anabolic steroids or to enable guys with ED to get ahard on, they aren't there to serve legitimate hormone imbalances.  The media has done way too good of a job of publicising the negatives. 

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »
you can just get test and HG at these places right?  2 products that i am not bent on using.
you are gay.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »
because you not only need to be over 30, but you must have the blood work to justify the need for HRT. On top of that it is very expensive, and some people can not justify the expense!

it depends on your health insurance.   For my complete workup---cbc, chem profile, full lipid profile, test levels x 2, MRI of my brain, physical exam and first months worth of androgel it wasn't $500.  Now there is no way in hell I'd pay what that'd cost out of my pocket, but if you are willing to follow the steps of your health insurance, Hypogonadism is a legitimate, documentable medical problem that will be covered.  

4thAD

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »
it depends on your health insurance.   For my complete workup---cbc, chem profile, full lipid profile, test levels x 2, MRI of my brain, physical exam and first months worth of androgel it wasn't $500.  Now there is no way in hell I'd pay what that'd cost out of my pocket, but if you are willing to follow the steps of your health insurance, Hypogonadism is a legitimate, documentable medical problem that will be covered. 

Not everyone has health insurance that will pay for HRT/TRT.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »
Not everyone has health insurance that will pay for HRT/TRT.

Yes, thats why I said it depends on your health insurance.  ;D

Many of them have riders that require a trip to an endocrinologist before they will cover.   This makes the process rather lengthy and time consuming, which I'm assuming people who don't really have  a health problem will get frustrated with..... hell I got frustrated with all of the crap with getting an MRI done, but once it was done, I didn't have to pay very much for it.  It was a manner of jumping through the hoops. 

You really need to check with your insurance as to what hoops they have.  And be sure to read the fine print. 

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 11:07:13 AM »
health insurance:  i would not use it for HRT.  it will be on your record for life, and if you were to try to get new insurance, they way not want to cover you cause of it.
you are gay.

4thAD

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »
you can just get test and HG at these places right?  2 products that i am not bent on using.

Have you ever used test? Test at a replacement dose does not cause all of the sides you are worried about. 100mg ew is a very mild replacement dose, and when the dose is split to 2xew it minimizes any if not all sides. If you are experiencing sides, you are using what is needed for replacement dose.

With that said if you are looking for TRT for running cycles, it is going to get very expensive, and you will need to find a doc that is willing to prescribe high doses for you. If you are looking to cycle I would look to GH15's advice very closely on obtaining gear.

4thAD

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 11:13:18 AM »
health insurance:  i would not use it for HRT.  it will be on your record for life, and if you were to try to get new insurance, they way not want to cover you cause of it.

This is a BS statement. Thats like saying if you had an infected cut and you went to the doc and got prescribed penicillin your next insurance provider might not cover you for the mere fact that you are prone to infections. If there is a medical need the HRT/TRT can be medically justified, and no insurance provider would deny you because of it. 

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »
health insurance:  i would not use it for HRT.  it will be on your record for life, and if you were to try to get new insurance, they way not want to cover you cause of it.

Dude if its documented them not covering you for HRT is the same as not covering you if you were diabetic.  That isn't an insurance company i'd want to deal with and if they tried you can pull a letter of credible coverage and a medical history on them.  

As I'm reading this thread, I'm really starting to think you are posting about "supraphysiological" doses also.  I'm talking specifically about HRT to correct documented hypogonadism.   Other things will be more difficult to get by with in this day of medical witchhunts and it will get expensive.  

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 11:15:05 AM »
This is a BS statement. Thats like saying if you had an infected cut and you went to the doc and got prescribed penicillin your next insurance provider might not cover you for the mere fact that you are prone to infections. If there is a medical need the HRT/TRT can be medically justified, and no insurance provider would deny you because of it. 

Yup.  If its documented, legally they cannot deny coverage without you having several options against the insurance company. 

The biggest issue would be if you went from a company supplied policy (say Blue Cross) to a private policy that you paid out of your own pocket.  Thats where things would get sticky because they could jack the shit out of your premiums.   

4thAD

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »
Yes, thats why I said it depends on your health insurance.  ;D

Many of them have riders that require a trip to an endocrinologist before they will cover.   This makes the process rather lengthy and time consuming, which I'm assuming people who don't really have  a health problem will get frustrated with..... hell I got frustrated with all of the crap with getting an MRI done, but once it was done, I didn't have to pay very much for it.  It was a manner of jumping through the hoops. 

You really need to check with your insurance as to what hoops they have.  And be sure to read the fine print. 

Absolutely agreed!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 11:55:22 AM »

Depends on if you're after HRT or "HRT" if you know what I mean. Apparently you can get Dianabol, Deca, Anavar, Anadrol, Test, Halotestin, Winstrol, etc but that's not true HRT. It's cycling disguised as HRT or "Anti-Aging".

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 12:06:41 PM »
yes!  i mean the "HRT" do you know what I mean.
you are gay.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 12:14:08 PM »
yes!  i mean the "HRT" do you know what I mean.

:D Then you should ask "The Coach" for advice on how to proceed. He was using Dianabol for "HRT".  :D

4thAD

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »
Noone has dbol in the states for even so called "HRT". HRT clinics only have USFDA approved drugs.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »
Noone has dbol in the states for even so called "HRT". HRT clinics only have USFDA approved drugs.

But the clinics apparently do prescribe dbol and other non-approved drugs, whipped up by compounding pharmacies. I don't think Joe lied about it but who knows.

I didn't think that could be legal but Disgusted seemed to feel otherwise.

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »
IMO there are two main reasons people dont do HRT.......

1. They just dont know about it, cause they are stuck in their "american idol watching" fantasy world.

2. They don't live in a state where it is available.

Im lucky and live in florida....where there is more HRT clinics than Mcdonald's ;D

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
But the clinics apparently do prescribe dbol and other non-approved drugs, whipped up by compounding pharmacies. I don't think Joe lied about it but who knows.

I didn't think that could be legal but Disgusted seemed to feel otherwise.

The compounding pharmacy thing is a whole different ballgame.   There are some out there making all kinds of stuff not on the FDA approved list. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »

The compounding pharmacy thing is a whole different ballgame.   There are some out there making all kinds of stuff not on the FDA approved list. 

What about the legality of this practice? Is it legal?

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
What about the legality of this practice? Is it legal?

On the veterinary side of things they are producing drugs under the MUMS (minimal use minor species) and AMDUCA (Animal Medicinal Drug Use Clarification Act of 1994).  I honestly don't know about the human side of things.   I think the regulations are much more strict--they can only make FDA approved medications, however I may be wrong with that.  Its been too many years since I was a med tech.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »

I agree with this one. My HRT place is one of the more "liberal" set of Docs, and they carry all types of testosterones,deca,drol,winni,halo,var and every GH under the sun, but no dbol. So if my guys don't carry it, I don't think anyone does.