Author Topic: Did Kimbo tap? You be the judge!  (Read 3380 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Did Kimbo tap? You be the judge!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »
No, he gave the thumbs up. I thought the same thing when I was watching the fight live.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
That white dude won.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 02:22:14 PM »
He didn't tap, he was calling the ref over to break them up because there was no progress. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 02:23:19 PM »
That white dude won.
Yeah ..He won the Loss..

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 02:24:09 PM »
He didn't tap, he was calling the ref over to break them up because there was no progress. ::)

Yo, ref, can't you see I'm gettin' choked the fuck out here??

Seriously, though, as big as JT is, why couldn't he sink in any of those chokes? 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 02:24:29 PM »
Ya he tapped and the whole fight was a farce. Stopping the fight early was a joke. The England cat exposed him as being nothing more than a street brawler. He can hit like wrecking ball but beyond that - nadda. The ref should have stopped the fight when he didn't do anything but lay there and eat punches.

CBS showed that MMA will not survive on network TV if they officiate and commentate it like they did last night. Every time someone ate a punch "OH HE'S IN TROUBLE" and the premature stoppages to multiple fights was a joke.
Elevate Your Image.™

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 02:26:10 PM »
Yo, ref, can't you see I'm gettin' choked the fuck out here??

Seriously, though, as big as JT is, why couldn't he sink in any of those chokes? 
JT sucks, that's why.

The video press conference with that Rogers (Brett, I think) was interesting. I hope they put him in with Kimbo next.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 02:26:23 PM »
You're spot-on here, Lift.

I'm kicking you out of figure and moving you to MMA reporting where you actually know what the heck you're talking about.   ;)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »
Ya he tapped and the whole fight was a farce. Stopping the fight early was a joke. The England cat exposed him as being nothing more than a street brawler. He can hit like wrecking ball but beyond that - nadda. The ref should have stopped the fight when he didn't do anything but lay there and eat punches.

CBS showed that MMA will not survive on network TV if they officiate and commentate it like they did last night. Every time someone ate a punch "OH HE'S IN TROUBLE" and the premature stoppages to multiple fights was a joke.
Yeah it did seem a little over the top, reminded me of the inagural XFL debacle. I agree with another getbigger who said he just wanted to see some fights then go to bed.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 02:31:44 PM »
Yeah it did seem a little over the top, reminded me of the inagural XFL debacle. I agree with another getbigger who said he just wanted to see some fights then go to bed.

9 minutes of action in the first 90 minutes of the broadcast...that was bullshit.  They ended up going about 45 minutes over their alloted time slot...so much for the future of live EliteXC fighting on network TV. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 02:33:49 PM »
You're spot-on here, Lift.

I'm kicking you out of figure and moving you to MMA reporting where you actually know what the heck you're talking about.   ;)
Ray Charles could see the writing on the wall with the Kimbo Slice fight. He is their poster child and for him to go down would make their television debut a farce. Look at how they tried to paint Baroni with his over the top entrance. They were trying to make it MMA meets WWE and then, since it's not staged in the cage, Baroni got his ass handed to him and looked like an idiot for his showboat entrance.

The Scott Smith fight getting stopped was a joke.

Best fight of the night was Gina Carano laying the beat down on Young.

Elevate Your Image.™

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 02:35:44 PM »
mauro and bas should be commentating on the UFC. they are the best

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 02:39:17 PM »
i've said it a long time... he cant beat good submission fighters..

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »
mauro and bas should be commentating on the UFC. they are the best

I watched the first 2 minutes of the broadcast, and Ken Shamrock coudl not even read off the fucking teleprompter without looking like a third grader-very amatuerish.

I had to change the channel.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 02:44:02 PM »
9 minutes of action in the first 90 minutes of the broadcast...that was bullshit.  They ended up going about 45 minutes over their alloted time slot...so much for the future of live EliteXC fighting on network TV. 
I can't give over how bad they fucked this great opportunity up. Gary Shaw looked like some poorly dressed, cheap, low rent, loan shark when he came on and told the announcer he was gonna give both those fighters their winning bonuses.