Author Topic: How do I do a Zottman Curl?  (Read 18250 times)

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
Re: How do I do a Zottman Curl?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 07:14:33 AM »
The patent truth was that Zottman was just obese and deluded himself to thinking he invented a revolutionary new workout routine as evidenced here by this pictogram:

Deluded?

Oh, the irony :lol:

I hate to break it to ya, but photos and pictograms aren't synonymous.  You make this sort of mistake almost every time you try to sound smart here (e.g., like the time you wrote you were in the "accompaniment of intellectuals"). 

Consult thy trusty Internet thesaurus next time, kiddo.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 07:16:50 AM »
Greatness.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 07:17:37 AM »
Aryan perfection.

Big plans on the horizon.
$

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 07:20:01 AM »
Good point. The last 20 years or so, his relevance has slipped, but I give him a pass as his writing was always first rate (maybe not the novels) and he had that rare 'I don't give a f*ck attitude' when skewering an opponent. His squabbles with William Buckley always made me smile.  :)

/skimmed his daniel shays essays just last week. more held up than didn't. that says something

You know more about him that I fo sho.  I agree with a lot of what he says, his stance that America has been stolen from the people (a fool and his constitutional rights are soon parted), etc.  He seems to enjoy the critic's privilege of griping without offering a solution however, which makes him come off as a bit of an angry old man even when I agree with his POV.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 07:20:32 AM »
Try Burr.
Yup. Good point. That is a highlight. I always preferred his political essays. His USA collection is superior to the later Point to Point Navigation, tho. When he passes, who will be the resident American muckraker!?

/in canada, we still have no one who has stepped up and taken mordechai richler's place  :'(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:44 AM »
Yup. Good point. That is a highlight. I always preferred his political essays. His USA collection is superior to the later Point to Point Navigation, tho. When he passes, who will be the resident American muckraker!?

/in canada, we still have no one who has stepped up and taken mordechai richler's place  :'(
I shudder at the thought of his passing.  Its as if an entire stock of a rare and magnificent  horse will gallop no more.  At least the old Stallion still has some strength to rear and flash its tired mane before that one last jaunt into the gentle night.

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 07:50:26 AM »
Greatness.

No, it's spelled "delusional" honey.

But that's OK: I know your ilk can't admit when they're mistaken.  And why should you?  It must be easier to gloss over f**k-ups, wax pathetic about horses and post two-year-old pictures of a boy at 7% bodyfat and a scale-shattering 160 lbs. 

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 07:57:43 AM »

But that's OK: I know your ilk can't admit when they're mistaken.  And why should you?  It must be easier to gloss over f**k-ups, wax pathetic about horses and post two-year-old pictures of a boy at 7% bodyfat and a scale-shattering 160 lbs. 

;D

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 08:03:13 AM »

lmao.....goddamn, that was harsh

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 08:04:29 AM »

Always good of you to Meltdown.  I get a giggle when I purposely induce tirades of ineffectual tension that haunt your entire mental constitution.  Such a simple way to coax out the roach with such leisurely effort in order to step on it ever so unassumingly.

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 08:10:19 AM »
TA, get over yourself.....you're a skinny prick

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 08:11:23 AM »
Always good of you to Meltdown.  I get a giggle when I purposely induce tirades of ineffectual tension that haunt your entire mental constitution.  Such a simple way to coax out the roach with such leisurely effort in order to step on it ever so unassumingly.

Are you planning on defending your Mr. Getbig title Adam?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 08:18:21 AM »
can someone tell me what the hell this thread is all about
Z

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 08:19:41 AM »
Are you planning on defending your Mr. Getbig title Adam?

The mantel is already dusted off. A second victory is inevitable.

In fact, I have begun my Diet with Jefferson Davis Pie.

As you can see, Mr. Jefferson Davis was extremely lean and this of course was attained by eating his favorite pie as a staple in his diet.  It now shares his namesake.

Jefferson Davis pie

3⁄4 cup plus 1 tbsp. flour
1⁄2 tbsp. plus 2⁄3 cup sugar
1 tsp. fine salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, diced
2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
2⁄3 cup buttermilk
1⁄2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
4 egg yolks plus 1 egg

1. Put the flour, 1⁄2 tbsp. sugar, and 1⁄2 tsp. salt into a food processor and pulse to combine. Add 6 tbsp. of the butter and pulse until pea-size pieces have formed. Drizzle in 2–3 tbsp. ice water; pulse until dough just comes together. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; form into a ball. Flatten into a disk and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour.

2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 12" circle about 1⁄8" thick; transfer to a 9" pie pan. Trim dough, leaving a 1⁄2" overhang; fold edges under. Flute edges with fingers. Chill for 1 hour.

3. Heat oven to 325°. Pour water into a 4-quart saucepan to a depth of 1"; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Whisk together remaining sugar and salt, brown sugar, buttermilk, nutmeg, egg yolks, and egg. Set bowl over saucepan. Add remaining butter; cook, whisking frequently, until smooth and warm, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool for 5 minutes. Pour mixture into chilled pie shell. Bake until center is just set, 45–50 minutes. Transfer pie to cooling rack; let cool completely before serving, about 2 hours.

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 08:25:55 AM »
When you have the appearance of A Somali AIDS victim, you can eat all the pie you want fucko

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 08:25:58 AM »
hammer curls for biceps and that forearm tie in.

Wrong.

The Zottman curl is done across the body. Each time one curls the dumbell is pulled along the center of the body in an arc like fashion.

The Beef

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 08:27:30 AM »
Wrong.

The Zottman curl is done across the body. Each time one curls the dumbell is pulled along the center of the body in an arc like fashion.

The Beef
No, that is not a zottman curl, I believe what you just described is a 'pinwheel curl'.
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 08:29:44 AM »
Deluded?

Oh, the irony :lol:

I hate to break it to ya, but photos and pictograms aren't synonymous.  You make this sort of mistake almost every time you try to sound smart here (e.g., like the time you wrote you were in the "accompaniment of intellectuals"). 

Consult thy trusty Internet thesaurus next time, kiddo.
hahahahaha, oh man  ;D
follow the arrows

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2008, 08:41:08 AM »
The mantel is already dusted off. A second victory is inevitable.

In fact, I have begun my Diet with Jefferson Davis Pie.

As you can see, Mr. Jefferson Davis was extremely lean and this of course was attained by eating his favorite pie as a staple in his diet.  It now shares his namesake.

Jefferson Davis pie

3⁄4 cup plus 1 tbsp. flour
1⁄2 tbsp. plus 2⁄3 cup sugar
1 tsp. fine salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, diced
2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
2⁄3 cup buttermilk
1⁄2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
4 egg yolks plus 1 egg

1. Put the flour, 1⁄2 tbsp. sugar, and 1⁄2 tsp. salt into a food processor and pulse to combine. Add 6 tbsp. of the butter and pulse until pea-size pieces have formed. Drizzle in 2–3 tbsp. ice water; pulse until dough just comes together. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; form into a ball. Flatten into a disk and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour.

2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 12" circle about 1⁄8" thick; transfer to a 9" pie pan. Trim dough, leaving a 1⁄2" overhang; fold edges under. Flute edges with fingers. Chill for 1 hour.

3. Heat oven to 325°. Pour water into a 4-quart saucepan to a depth of 1"; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Whisk together remaining sugar and salt, brown sugar, buttermilk, nutmeg, egg yolks, and egg. Set bowl over saucepan. Add remaining butter; cook, whisking frequently, until smooth and warm, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool for 5 minutes. Pour mixture into chilled pie shell. Bake until center is just set, 45–50 minutes. Transfer pie to cooling rack; let cool completely before serving, about 2 hours.

golden
$

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2008, 08:43:21 AM »
No, that is not a zottman curl, I believe what you just described is a 'pinwheel curl'.

Wrong.

The Beef

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2008, 08:44:32 AM »

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2008, 08:54:14 AM »
The mantel is already dusted off. A second loss is inevitable.

Good luck on that one! Hopefully Whateva does not compete, so we do not have to suffer months of you crying afterwards.  8)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »
Greatness.

2nd Place...  ;)

Just messing with you, pal.  No hard feelings..eh
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »

2nd Place...  ;)

Just messing with you, pal.  No hard feelings..eh
Why should there be any feelings of animosity?  As Thomas Jefferson says I still pity the blacks.  While it is true you are no longer implemented as a domestic animal or useful tool writ large, unfortunately you still have to yoke the burden of Georges-Louis Leclerc Comte de Buffon`s  musings. 

Thomas Jefferson further illustrates his point with Notes on Virginia Circa 1787

The circumstance of superior beauty, is thought worthy attention in the propagation of our horses, dogs, and other domestic animals; why not in that of man?

Besides those of colour, figure, and hair, there are other physical distinctions proving a difference of race. They have less hair on the face and body. They secrete less by the kidnies, and more by the glands of the skin, which gives them a very strong and disagreeable odour. This greater degree of transpiration renders them more tolerant of heat, and less so of cold, than the whites. Perhaps too a difference of structure in the pulmonary apparatus, which a late ingenious (* 1) experimentalist has discovered to be the principal regulator of animal heat, may have disabled them from extricating, in the act of inspiration, so much of that fluid from the outer air, or obliged them in expiration, to part with more of it.

They seem to require less sleep. A black, after hard labour through the day, will be induced by the slightest amusements to sit up till midnight, or later, though knowing he must be out with the first dawn of the morning. They are at least as brave, and more adventuresome. But this may perhaps proceed from a want of forethought, which prevents their seeing a danger till it be present. When present, they do not go through it with more coolness or steadiness than the whites.

They are more ardent after their female: but love seems with them to be more an eager desire, than a tender delicate mixture of sentiment and sensation. Their griefs are transient. Those numberless afflictions, which render it doubtful whether heaven has given life to us in mercy or in wrath, are less felt, and sooner forgotten with them. In general, their existence appears to participate more of sensation than reflection. To this must be ascribed their disposition to sleep when abstracted from their diversions, and unemployed in labour. An animal whose body is at rest, and who does not reflect, must be disposed to sleep of course.

Comparing them by their faculties of memory, reason, and imagination, it appears to me, that in memory they are equal to the whites; in reason much inferior, as I think one could scarcely be found capable of tracing and comprehending the investigations of Euclid; and that in imagination they are dull, tasteless, and anomalous. It would be unfair to follow them to Africa for this investigation. We will consider them here, on the same stage with the whites, and where the facts are not apocryphal on which a judgment is to be formed.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »
Why should there be any feelings of animosity?  As Thomas Jefferson says I still pity the blacks.  While it is true you are no longer implemented as a domestic animal or useful tool writ large, unfortunately you still have to yoke the burden of Georges-Louis Leclerc Comte de Buffon`s  musings. 

Thomas Jefferson further illustrates his point with Notes on Virginia Circa 1787

The circumstance of superior beauty, is thought worthy attention in the propagation of our horses, dogs, and other domestic animals; why not in that of man?

Besides those of colour, figure, and hair, there are other physical distinctions proving a difference of race. They have less hair on the face and body. They secrete less by the kidnies, and more by the glands of the skin, which gives them a very strong and disagreeable odour. This greater degree of transpiration renders them more tolerant of heat, and less so of cold, than the whites. Perhaps too a difference of structure in the pulmonary apparatus, which a late ingenious (* 1) experimentalist has discovered to be the principal regulator of animal heat, may have disabled them from extricating, in the act of inspiration, so much of that fluid from the outer air, or obliged them in expiration, to part with more of it.

They seem to require less sleep. A black, after hard labour through the day, will be induced by the slightest amusements to sit up till midnight, or later, though knowing he must be out with the first dawn of the morning. They are at least as brave, and more adventuresome. But this may perhaps proceed from a want of forethought, which prevents their seeing a danger till it be present. When present, they do not go through it with more coolness or steadiness than the whites.

They are more ardent after their female: but love seems with them to be more an eager desire, than a tender delicate mixture of sentiment and sensation. Their griefs are transient. Those numberless afflictions, which render it doubtful whether heaven has given life to us in mercy or in wrath, are less felt, and sooner forgotten with them. In general, their existence appears to participate more of sensation than reflection. To this must be ascribed their disposition to sleep when abstracted from their diversions, and unemployed in labour. An animal whose body is at rest, and who does not reflect, must be disposed to sleep of course.

Comparing them by their faculties of memory, reason, and imagination, it appears to me, that in memory they are equal to the whites; in reason much inferior, as I think one could scarcely be found capable of tracing and comprehending the investigations of Euclid; and that in imagination they are dull, tasteless, and anomalous. It would be unfair to follow them to Africa for this investigation. We will consider them here, on the same stage with the whites, and where the facts are not apocryphal on which a judgment is to be formed.

That was actually pretty interesting and very well written.  Putting aside the obvious racism, you can agree that the man was very well spoken and, at the least, made a truthful assessment.

"1"