Author Topic: Ahmadinejad says Israel will soon disappear  (Read 4846 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Ahmadinejad says Israel will soon disappear
« on: June 02, 2008, 08:01:36 AM »
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad predicted on Monday that Muslims would uproot "satanic powers" and repeated his controversial belief that Israel will soon disappear, the Mehr news agency reported.
"I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene," he said.

"Today, the time for the fall of the satanic power of the United States has come and the countdown to the annihilation of the emperor of power and wealth has started."

Since taking the presidency in August 2005, Ahmadinejad has repeatedly provoked international outrage by predicting Israel is doomed to disappear.

"I tell you that with the unity and awareness of all the Islamic countries all the satanic powers will soon be destroyed," he said to a group of foreign visitors ahead of the 19th anniversary of the death of revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Ahmadinejad also again expressed his apocalyptic vision that tyranny in the world be abolished by the return to earth of the Mahdi, the 12th imam of Shiite Islam, alongside great religious figures including Jesus Christ.

"With the appearance of the promised saviour... and his companions such as Jesus Christ, tyranny will be soon be eradicated in the world."

Ahmadinejad has always been a devotee of the Mahdi, who Shiites believe disappeared more than a thousand years ago and who will return one day to usher in a new era of peace and harmony.

His emphasis on the Mahdi has been a cause of controversy inside Iran with critics saying he would be better solving bread-and-butter domestic problems rather than talking about Iran's divine responsibility
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Ahmadinejad says Israel will soon disappear
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 08:02:47 AM »
Is this before or after Obama sits down with him.  ::)
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:11:17 AM »

Who knows Obsama probably shares the same thought process as this guy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:04:18 AM »
Not surprised.  Yes Obama, if he is the newly elected leader of "The Great Satan," will be used for propaganda purposes.  Just ask Hillary. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »

Why havent you killed this iran guy yet?  Why do we constantly have to feed and clothe your ass with nothing to show from it??

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:31:07 AM »
Who knows Obsama probably shares the same thought process as this guy.

He probably does.  They are both muslims.

Better not vote for him, becuase he's Iranian.

Good point.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 09:36:43 AM »
Iran is a big problem.  When a gov is ran by religious radicals like this, anything could happen.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 09:38:37 AM »
The guy is doing the right thing: Projecting strentgh. He knows we can't invade right now and the only thing that can happen is an Israel air strike like they did to Saddam. The region, thanks to us, isn't stable enough to survive an attack by Israel so it will be interesting to see how the region reacts to the US' policy on unilateral Israeli attacks once again.

I'm more or less wondering if he (Iran) will eventually become too important for traditional Arabs to tolerate. Especially since Iranians are Persians, I also would like to know what he thinks would be gained by being attacked.  

We messed up by removing his enemy and eventually he'll end up exerting full control over Iraq. Even then, it doesn't seem that we'll be able to Export some democracy to the Iranians and be welcomed with open arms as liberators again.  :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
Iran is a big problem.  When a gov is ran by religious radicals like this, anything could happen.

Yep, but when a country is ran by a greedy materialistic power hungry thug, they are easy to deal with. Seriously.

But wait!  We already got rid of that guy and opened and can of worms that's holding us at bay while Iran gets nukes.  Nice.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 09:45:31 AM »
Iran may very well be the next time the US is forced to use nuclear weapons.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 10:57:26 AM »
Fortunately, this guy is all talk.

Iran is only capable of fighting proxy wars. He's all talk. He doesn't have the backing of the populace. Him leading that country into a war would be a disaster for them. There's already enough public unrest with the guy, as evidenced by the fact a large number of his party members were voted out of office in the local elections. They've been reduced to disqualifying, intimidating and eliminating challengers. The youth is becoming more and more westernized. And to top it off, their economy continues to go down the shitter. Nothing but talk.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 11:00:43 AM »
Nothing but talk.

Agreed.

however, some people here believe it's worth

--- thousands of dead/wounded troops
--- borrowing $1 Tril for a war against a nation with 3x the population as Iraq, and way more $
--- spreading our military even thinner
--- closing the Gulf and putting gas prices at $15 per gallon

to start a war because of what this powerless clown says.

I think they are children, mentally, and don't realize the high cost just to "teach them a lesson" for words of one guy who is already unpopular and hated in his own country.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 11:40:53 AM »
I think the real issue here is Obama and this guy think alike.  As "youandme"said.

Beware!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 12:06:17 PM »
the root of all these problems is israel. let israel handle their own shit, iran is no threat to the united states whatsoever.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 12:08:41 PM »
Agreed.

however, some people here believe it's worth

--- thousands of dead/wounded troops
--- borrowing $1 Tril for a war against a nation with 3x the population as Iraq, and way more $
--- spreading our military even thinner
--- closing the Gulf and putting gas prices at $15 per gallon

to start a war because of what this powerless clown says.

I think they are children, mentally, and don't realize the high cost just to "teach them a lesson" for words of one guy who is already unpopular and hated in his own country.

I used to think that. But after reading into it a bit, it's just blatantly clear that they're very scared of and threatened by Israel and the US. So they do what any weak person does, they overcompensate by spewing bullshit and acting tough. The last thing they want is to have either country sending them into the next life. They know that would be a death sentence, both politically and literally.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »
I used to think that. But after reading into it a bit, it's just blatantly clear that they're very scared of and threatened by Israel and the US. So they do what any weak person does, they overcompensate by spewing bullshit and acting tough. The last thing they want is to have either country sending them into the next life. They know that would be a death sentence, both politically and literally.

Yes!

It's not like Iran will have an easy job destroying Israel. Most likely, Israel would utterly pulverize Iran. The muslim creep speaks teh shit, but teh Jews walks the walk. Nobody should mess with Israel...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »
Yes!

It's not like Iran will have an easy job destroying Israel. Most likely, Israel would utterly pulverize Iran. The muslim creep speaks teh shit, but teh Jews walks the walk. Nobody should mess with Israel...

It's kind ridiculous really.  how in the world would they sustain a war campaign against Israel?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad predicted on Monday that Muslims would uproot "satanic powers" and repeated his controversial belief that Israel will soon disappear, the Mehr news agency reported.
"I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene," he said.

"Today, the time for the fall of the satanic power of the United States has come and the countdown to the annihilation of the emperor of power and wealth has started."

Since taking the presidency in August 2005, Ahmadinejad has repeatedly provoked international outrage by predicting Israel is doomed to disappear.

"I tell you that with the unity and awareness of all the Islamic countries all the satanic powers will soon be destroyed," he said to a group of foreign visitors ahead of the 19th anniversary of the death of revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Ahmadinejad also again expressed his apocalyptic vision that tyranny in the world be abolished by the return to earth of the Mahdi, the 12th imam of Shiite Islam, alongside great religious figures including Jesus Christ.

"With the appearance of the promised saviour... and his companions such as Jesus Christ, tyranny will be soon be eradicated in the world."

Ahmadinejad has always been a devotee of the Mahdi, who Shiites believe disappeared more than a thousand years ago and who will return one day to usher in a new era of peace and harmony.

His emphasis on the Mahdi has been a cause of controversy inside Iran with critics saying he would be better solving bread-and-butter domestic problems rather than talking about Iran's divine responsibility

shouldn't ya care more about America then israel...

who gives a flying fuck if it disappears...its nothing but a financial burden...
carpe` vaginum!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 01:35:43 PM »
It's kind ridiculous really.  how in the world would they sustain a war campaign against Israel?

Who knows? Debussey has little knowledge about actual Iranian fighting capability, but messing with Israel no matter how fundamentalistic and nuts you are = not.A.Good.Idea. 

And for gods sake, it's not like most Iranian people share their lunatic presidents views.

All in all, the more fanatic shit lunatic muslims spread, the more they are digging their own grave eventually.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 01:50:55 PM »

Who knows? Debussey has little knowledge about actual Iranian fighting capability, but messing with Israel no matter how fundamentalistic and nuts you are = not.A.Good.Idea. 

Just look at physical proximity and what's in their way.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »
Seeing how everything this dude says is mistranslated(as the israel wiped off the map thing was), I'm gonna have to take this with a grain of salt.

The sad thing about iran is that it actually has the potential to be a non-fundamentalist nation. It was a decent place before those loonies came to power.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 03:23:47 PM »
To bad it's the fundamentalist that are ruing the peace and prosperity of the world.

What is even sadder is we are putting a guy like Obama, who no one knows very much about in the limelight of this trainwreck.

Also nothing this dude says is mistranslated.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 03:34:36 PM »

Come on, that's an absolute statement.  You can very rarely use those and retain credibility.  Those earlier statements were highly disputed.  Yeah, he's a nut and we don't like him... but to give our white house 100% faith to be honest about the dude and his intentions = naive.

i agree Obama is a big Q mark, and I think the repubs will throw all that at him in the fall debates.  I hope they do.  If he has demons, I hope they're readily exposed.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »
To bad it's the fundamentalist that are ruing the peace and prosperity of the world.

What is even sadder is we are putting a guy like Obama, who no one knows very much about in the limelight of this trainwreck.

Hmm,  good point.

someone we know little about who promises change.  OR Someone who represents previous administrations foreign and economic policies that are partially responsible for such great stuff these days.

Hmmmmm,  Do we want more of the same from some gummer or are we actually so stupid to think Obama is a cummunist and muslim who'll ruin America?

OR,

Let's see, more BUSH like results versus the unknown?  

Hmmm,  OR more fear based crap versus, someone who has been campaigning on change.   Hmmmm

wow tough choice.  

Is Obama Iranian?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 04:06:48 PM »
No he's from Kenya.

Well if you don't think he is not radical, please explain his radical stance on the issues of gun control and abortion rights (where he states that abortion should be illegal no matter if the mother's life is in danger during labor)

I was right about the church being racist months ago when people said it was "nothing" and "looks normal"

His mother and her parents were/are communist, attended a communist leftist church, and Obama even says she is his conrnerstone in politics.