Author Topic: Polls show even REPUBS believe US Pres should meet with Iran's president  (Read 1361 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Today's poll:

71% of dems
58% of independents
48% of republicans

believe that the US President SHOULD meet with iran's president, ahmedijahad.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Well fighting isnt getting us anywhere.   Only a few will be to stupid to see that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Mccain went out of his way this week - again - to make it all about Obama 'appeasing' by just meeting with Iran.

We all know that 'appeasement' invovles meeting with, then giving concessions, and Obama has given zero.  At most, he would meet, give into their demands, and only THEN would he be an apepaser (like when Bush gave 1 mil barrels of oil to NKorea to stop firing ICBMs at Hawaii)

The good news is that 1/2 of the people watchign FOX news would prefer our leader meet with theirs.  That number is huge.

youandme

• Getbig V
where is this poll from, post a source.

If it's from cnn it's already fabricated.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
where is this poll from, post a source.

If it's from cnn it's already fabricated.

are you using humor, or are you accusing CNN of fabricating polls?

I'm serious here.  Flippant accusations like this just destroy any debate on the topic.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Where is the poll from...CNN is a major news source.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Where is the poll from...CNN is a major news source.

I never said CNN.  It was on MSNBC at 9:37 pm last night, during the Dan Abrams show.  I typed the exact numbers as they were displayed on MSNBC.

So either Abrams, chief legal correspondent for NBC News, is LYING, and MSNBC faked the whole poll...
Or the poll is legit.

Which do you think it is?   Let me find the clip on youtube and I'll grab the source.  Honestly, it's pathetic to say "fabricated poll" when you disagree with it, youandme.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
MSNBC...well dude they can't get away with faking it but as with any poll u need to see the questions and how they were framed.

In any event..talking with Iran with its current government is a bad idea. We backdoored with them during operations in Afghanistan in 2001. That was prior to the "dinner Jacket" getting in and spewing his shit. The Mullahs would be happy if he'd shut the hell up. If it looks like Israel will hit them, he'll get canned.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Mccains view...

Speaking to a gathering hosted by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the main U.S. pro-Israeli lobbying group, McCain vowed to seek new economic penalties against the mullahs. He favors sanctioning the Central Bank of Iran, freezing the assets of regime leaders and imposing a visa ban on them, and restricting Iran’s ability to import gasoline. He also said: “We should privatize the sanctions against Iran by launching a worldwide divestment campaign” — much like the campaign against South Africa in the 1980s, in protest of its apartheid government.

These measures would likely have different degrees of efficacy. The U.S. has long imposed unilateral economic sanctions against Iran, banks included. The EU, for its part, has been more willing to deal with Iran, which in turn has done much to keep the regime afloat. But in recent days the EU has hinted at its readiness to freeze the assets and funds of Iran’s state-owned Bank Melli. It’s unlikely that Europe would be equally willing to punish Iran’s central bank, but, even if it is not, the U.S. has additional arrows in its quiver.

It could, for instance, invoke Section 311 of the Patriot Act — which would allow the Treasury Department to effectively freeze Iran out of the international financial system. This is the same provision that the U.S. invoked against a Macanese bank accused of laundering money for Kim Jong Il. The consequence: Banks all over the world suddenly refused to have dealings with Kim’s regime, even through a proxy, for fear that sanctions would be expanded to cover them. Section 311 has been invoked seven times since the Patriot Act’s passage, but never against an Iranian entity. McCain should make a point of asking why.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
240 thats a plan...thats not lets sit down and hug it out like Obama wants. This is "we're going to really hurt u badly, now lets talk". I prefer to make em crumble then hit em. But u have actionable threats....people will talk and u might get what u want.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
So i gather Ahmenagihad (spelling?)  is about as well liked in his country as our leader here.    Lets bully him into submission....Iraq is getting boring.... ::)

youandme

• Getbig V

Which do you think it is?   

probably an internet poll.
MSNBC and CNN rarely view or display independent polls now, they have a far left wing agenda, these days.
Their polls have to mimick their stories to provide "guidance"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
He's controled by the mullahs and they would prefer him to turn his attention to domestic issues and shut up.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
He's controled by the mullahs and they would prefer him to turn his attention to domestic issues and shut up.

Identical of what we want from our dictator.  To no avail tho.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
probably an internet poll.
MSNBC and CNN rarely view or display independent polls now, they have a far left wing agenda, these days.
Their polls have to mimick their stories to provide "guidance"

Nope, it was a Gallup Poll.

ABRAMS:  He may be right about Ahmadinejad.  The problem, according to a new Gallup poll, the American people and almost half in his own party, don‘t agree.  Seventy-one percent of Democrats, along with 58 percent of independents and even 48 percent of Republicans say the U.S. president should meet with Iran‘s president.  So again, Brad, as a political matter, does this hurt McCain? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Well first off we don't have a dictator..if u feel that bad..more and second I guess a sample section of the American people outa be able to deteremine who we should talk to. I imagine if the Amewrican people saw how much damage Iran is doing to our guys in iraq, or even cared, they'd say something different.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I imagine if the Amewrican people saw how much damage Iran is doing to our guys in iraq, or even cared, they'd say something different.

You're 100% correct.

However, who can we believe?

Bush?  He fought a 911 investigation for 441 days, until the widows cried on his desk.
Bush?  He told us there were WMD, and there were not.
Bush?  He's lied about a lot of things.

So when Bush tells us Iran is this or that, do we take him at his word?  Or do we consider the oil under Iran?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I imagine if the Amewrican people saw how much damage Iran is doing to our guys in iraq, or even cared, they'd say something different.

If it's that much there should be a sh1t load of proof.