Author Topic: Question for competitors.  (Read 6693 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Question for competitors.
« on: June 03, 2008, 12:57:39 PM »
Anyone here that uses diuretics to compete familiar with Furosemide, a potassium sparing diuretic?
Took one 40 mg pill the other day and within 3 hours pissed out 5 pounds. just curiouse.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Question for competitors.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »
Furosemide is Lasix. Not potassium sparing obviously.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 03:03:04 PM »
I know its lasixbut there are different bforms of lasix. Are you sure they aren't potassium sparing?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 04:03:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure there's just one type of Lasix. Lasix is a brand name and furosemide is the ingredient. It's a loop diuretic and not potassium sparing.

What would the other "types" of Lasix contain? You probably mean that furosemide is marketed under different brand names.

Some of the brand names under which furosemide is marketed include: Aisemide, Beronald, Desdemin, Discoid, Diural, Diurapid, Dryptal, Durafurid, Errolon, Eutensin, Frusetic, Frusid, Fulsix, Fuluvamide, Furesis, Furix, Furo-Puren, Furosedon, Hydro-rapid, Impugan, Katlex, Lasilix, Lasix, Lodix, Lowpston, Macasirool, Mirfat, Nicorol, Odemase, Oedemex, Profemin, Rosemide, Rusyde, Salix, Trofurit, Urex, Frudix

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 04:34:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure there's just one type of Lasix. Lasix is a brand name and furosemide is the ingredient. It's a loop diuretic and not potassium sparing.

What would the other "types" of Lasix contain? You probably mean that furosemide is marketed under different brand names.

I`m a competitve bodybuilder, but I`ve always used the same diuretics the day before show and lose 7-10 pounds,but I came across these yellow pills that say APO and have a 40 on them so just testing them out before my next show. Was under the impression they were P-sparring, but if they are not then no big deal. Thanks for the info.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »
I`m a competitve bodybuilder, but I`ve always used the same diuretics the day before show and lose 7-10 pounds,but I came across these yellow pills that say APO and have a 40 on them so just testing them out before my next show. Was under the impression they were P-sparring, but if they are not then no big deal. Thanks for the info.

Hey bro you really need to know exactly what you're taking and if it's potassium sparing or not.  :o

http://chealth.canoe.ca/drug_info_details.asp?brand_name_id=211

40 mg
Each yellow, round, flat-faced with bevelled edge tablet, scored and identified "APO" over "40", contains furosemide 40 mg.

Stavios

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 07:59:34 AM »
just go with diazyde man

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:10:32 AM »
b

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 12:26:01 PM »
agreed.
I have gone with them before, my show is not until Nov. so I don't have a problem expiriencing with other diuretics in the mean time. I only take diuretics 12 hours before a show in periods 0f 3 hours. I think its stupid to do diuretics 3 days before a show. By the friday one should be lean and dry anyway,

drop set

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »
furosemide is definately a loop agent.not only will it cause water and potassium loss but also sodium and chloride . you obviously no little of diuretics and i cant understand why you would try anything like that without researching 1st.theres a very fine line between the electrolytes that regulate the heart. you would be better taking it 20mgs at a time allowing 4-5hours before your next dose to make sure the 1st has worn off and ideally supplementing with 1-2g of a timed release potassium .i'd suggest you be better taking 100mg spironolactone daily for 3-5 days prior to the show they will give you a more gradual reduction of subcantaneous water and you should retain more intracellular water. if you feel you are flattening out take in small amounts of water with a few carbs taking it back into the muscle.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 05:33:27 PM »
furosemide is definately a loop agent.not only will it cause water and potassium loss but also sodium and chloride . you obviously no little of diuretics and i cant understand why you would try anything like that without researching 1st.theres a very fine line between the electrolytes that regulate the heart. you would be better taking it 20mgs at a time allowing 4-5hours before your next dose to make sure the 1st has worn off and ideally supplementing with 1-2g of a timed release potassium .i'd suggest you be better taking 100mg spironolactone daily for 3-5 days prior to the show they will give you a more gradual reduction of subcantaneous water and you should retain more intracellular water. if you feel you are flattening out take in small amounts of water with a few carbs taking it back into the muscle.

Damn wheres this guy been sounds like he knows some stuff.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:17:05 PM »
First off you don't even know anything about me to tell me how many mg I should take, second safety and contest prep are 2 different points of view, third I know how to load my potassium accoredingly- its called experience. The last type of advice I need is from someone that has book smart, this counts for zero campared to the real world. I was looking for a competitor that has used it the day before his show, thats all. The 3 day approach is horse dump. 12 hours is all I need and I come with striated glutes, no offence but researching anything in a book is stupid, what I need is feedback from someone who has experience. If an educated university scholer from oxford un. only knew the things we put ourselves through they would have a heart attack.

To put things in perspective so you understand. The dryness I like to achieve is so extreme that if you were to put me in a sauna it would take 10 minutes for a drop to come out. If I took my time doing this like you said I would be in my grave. I need to lose my water extremely fast for less then a day then put it back in, timing is everything.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 08:19:45 PM »
First off you don't even know anything about me to tell me how many mg I should take, second safety and contest prep are 2 different points of view, third I know how to load my potassium accoredingly- its called experience. The last type of advice I need is from someone that has book smart, this counts for zero campared to the real world. I was looking for a competitor that has used it the day before his show, thats all. The 3 day approach is horse dump. 12 hours is all I need and I come with striated glutes, no offence but researching anything in a book is stupid, what I need is feedback from someone who has experience. If an educated university scholer from oxford un. only knew the things we put ourselves through they would have a heart attack.

To put things in perspective so you understand. The dryness I like to achieve is so extreme that if you were to put me in a sauna it would take 10 minutes for a drop to come out. If I took my time doing this like you said I would be in my grave. I need to lose my water extremely fast for less then a day then put it back in, timing is everything.

Experience is great but when it comes to diuretics the more you know the better. Duration of action, time of onset, etc. Book smarts don't hurt here.

Anyway, the one's I know who use Lasix prefer the injectable. More reliable, more control.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 04:24:58 AM »
Experience is great but when it comes to diuretics the more you know the better. Duration of action, time of onset, etc. Book smarts don't hurt here.
Anyway, the one's I know who use Lasix prefer the injectable. More reliable, more control.

Yep knowledge cant hurt.  This board needs more of it, Van and the Vet have stepped it up some and bring some good stuff!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 07:46:48 AM »
Yep knowledge cant hurt.  This board needs more of it, Van and the Vet have stepped it up some and bring some good stuff!

Agreed.  Well informed, considered, and supported opinions every time from those guys.

Oops, and you too man!  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »
correct

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 11:17:23 PM »

best post of the day.

everyone/ anyone can crack a book and tell you how it's 'supposed' to work.

but experience with making it work is a different world.

these are the posters who like to sound intelligent, but have no clue about prep, diets or the drugs they are giving advise about. they know only what they read.

b

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 11:19:48 PM »
best post of the day.

everyone/ anyone can crack a book and tell you how it's 'supposed' to work.

but experience with making it work is a different world.

these are the posters who like to sound intelligent, but have no clue about prep, diets or the drugs they are giving advise about. they know only what they read.

If it makes you feel any better I can barley read...shouldn't be a suprise...the combo of years of AAS abuse and the fact that I'm a card carrying conservative makes for one big fat dumb ass 8)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 11:21:38 PM »
fuck no idea this depleting water was so complicated. i figured you got cut and lean,,, depleted carbs with high sodium and water,. then cxut the sodium and water out added in carbs and took a bunch o pills and PRESTO magic striations... but i guess thats wrong ?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 11:24:42 PM »
fuck no idea this depleting water was so complicated. i figured you got cut and lean,,, depleted carbs with high sodium and water,. then cxut the sodium and water out added in carbs and took a bunch o pills and PRESTO magic striations... but i guess thats wrong ?
Just stop drinking water and wack off every 2hrs and you'll be fine.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 11:25:59 PM »
aaaahhh much simpler. nice.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 11:37:01 PM »
aaaahhh much simpler. nice.
I'm glad a liberal democrat such as yourself could see my wisdom ;)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 11:38:56 PM »
well if you had to calssify me into idealogy i would be a moderate ( other wise known as "indecisive" ) libertarian... or, better stated... i am a fence rider..   LOL

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 12:01:29 AM »
well if you had to calssify me into idealogy i would be a moderate ( other wise known as "indecisive" ) libertarian... or, better stated... i am a fence rider..   LOL
Dizzle I like you, so don't take too much offense to this. I've always considered a moderate or fence rider to be an indecisive person. Granted, if you want to ride the fence by all means that's your right. But I stand very firm in my political beliefs...in all my beliefs for that matter. That does not mean I am a stubborn stump who can not listen to reason. As I mature and as life brings forth differant challenges and aspects I haven't seen before, certain views do change and evolve.

Now you haven't been on this board as long as some others here. Guys like Rim, Luv, etc are very familiar with my views on such things...I've voiced them several times in the past...its been a while though. So now you know...Arnold jr is for the most part a very right winged thinking man. I wouldn't say I really lean to the right, it's more of a hard crash to the right, lol! Both in terms of social and fiscal views.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 12:04:19 AM »
no offense bud;  i dont take politics too seriously...  i think things should be done a certain way, sure; but i realize im in no position to make even the slightest impact on the policies of the country ...   so to me it doesnt matter much..  in fact i live in california where the votes are already decided 9always gonna be a blue state) so i dont even vote...   i would tho if i was in a swing state