Author Topic: Iraq at odds with USA over troop presence beyond 2008...  (Read 535 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Iraq at odds with USA over troop presence beyond 2008...
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:14:41 PM »
The Iraqi government Tuesday said it had a "different vision" from the US over the deployment of American troops in the country beyond 2008 and vowed not to compromise national sovereignty.

Government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said the cabinet discussed the proposed Status of Forces Agreement which is scheduled to be concluded by next month and agreed that Iraq's national interests must be protected.

"A joint vision on this issue is yet to be achieved between the two sides, and ... the Iraqi side has a different vision, and it will not undercut or be negligent towards Iraqis' rights and sovereignty," Dabbagh said.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Iraq at odds with USA over troop presence beyond 2008...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:09:39 PM »
The Iraqi government Tuesday said it had a "different vision" from the US over the deployment of American troops in the country beyond 2008 and vowed not to compromise national sovereignty.

Government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said the cabinet discussed the proposed Status of Forces Agreement which is scheduled to be concluded by next month and agreed that Iraq's national interests must be protected.

"A joint vision on this issue is yet to be achieved between the two sides, and ... the Iraqi side has a different vision, and it will not undercut or be negligent towards Iraqis' rights and sovereignty," Dabbagh said.

Im sure hh6 will work it out.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 07:04:37 AM »
Hey if they want us to go..we'll go. Have fun.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:15:58 AM »
Hey if they want us to go..we'll go. Have fun.

lol... the minute they want us to leave, we'll "discover" a new threat in the region which will require us to stay.  You kids know how this shit works by now.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 07:39:48 AM »
They are worried over the SOFA agreement. I don't know whats in it but I'm sure we'll get briefed before our next exercise so i hope I have some perspective on what their problem is. Hey if they want us to leave, thats fine. It wopn't be before 2010-2011 at the earliest.
L