Author Topic: You heard it here first...  (Read 3372 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
You heard it here first...
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »
Andersen Silva will be will be going up in weight and fighting Chuck Liddell in Sep :o
w

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
Re: You heard it here first...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:31:13 PM »
bad Idea!
Journeyman

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
bad Idea!

For the UFC.  Destroying Chack is bad for them long term.  They spent too much money marketing him to the masses.  If you think he had trouble with Pele, Pele's student will make him look real bad. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 05:37:44 PM »
I think it's a horrible match up for Chuck, but the UFC thinks it will be their biggest PPV ever...
w

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 05:24:36 AM »
Andersen Silva will be will be going up in weight and fighting Chuck Liddell in Sep :o

well, he could beat Liddell, but im sorry to say that anderson wouldnt do as good as he did in this weight class...i think he will go down rather quickly...
!

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 05:41:29 AM »
well, he could beat Liddell, but im sorry to say that anderson wouldnt do as good as he did in this weight class...i think he will go down rather quickly...
Agreed. I can see him outclassing Lidell. But i doubt he will be able to use his technique when he reallly gets overpowered eg by someone like Rampage.
$

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 06:43:06 AM »
IMO, he will toy with Chuck.

And that's not really ripping on Chuck either, because I think Liddell is a very good fighter.

But Anderson Silva is just awesome, and cannot be beat right now other than by with a lucky punch.

Dan Henderson had the right game plan, but if he cannot execute it, and he's about as smart and disciplined as they come, nobody can.

JMO.

The only real challenge for Anderson is Fedor.

Realistically, that is the fight that Anderson could quite possibly lose.

I don't think anyone else, regardless weightclass, is favored against him.

Mir?
Couture?
Wanderlei?
Minotauro?
Brock? LOL...

As empty as paradise

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 06:44:21 AM »
I would rather see the axe murderer against Anderson Silva  ;D

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 06:46:44 AM »
What about BJ Penn? Penn lost a very close controversial fight against lyota manchada (spelling)...the guy that just fought TITO Ortiz. Anyhow, Machada was 2 or 3 weight classes above him when they fought! Imagine if they were actually the same weight!

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 07:15:22 AM »
IMO, he will toy with Chuck.

And that's not really ripping on Chuck either, because I think Liddell is a very good fighter.

But Anderson Silva is just awesome, and cannot be beat right now other than by with a lucky punch.

Dan Henderson had the right game plan, but if he cannot execute it, and he's about as smart and disciplined as they come, nobody can.

JMO.

The only real challenge for Anderson is Fedor.

Realistically, that is the fight that Anderson could quite possibly lose.

I don't think anyone else, regardless weightclass, is favored against him.

Mir?
Couture?
Wanderlei?
Minotauro?
Brock? LOL...

well, IMHO he could be beat by Wanderlei, Lyoto, Rampage, Toquinho...Minotauro WOULD win and Fedor, and CroCop (in 85% top form) would put him in a coffin
!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 07:24:34 AM »
well, IMHO he could be beat by Wanderlei, Lyoto, Rampage, Toquinho...Minotauro WOULD win and Fedor, and CroCop (in 85% top form) would put him in a coffin

Truth.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 07:29:56 AM »
What about BJ Penn? Penn lost a very close controversial fight against lyota manchada (spelling)...the guy that just fought TITO Ortiz. Anyhow, Machada was 2 or 3 weight classes above him when they fought! Imagine if they were actually the same weight!

I'm sure onlymen thinks BJ Penn could beat Anderson Silva.

Then again, I'm sure onlymen thinks BJ Penn could beat just about anybody. ::)
As empty as paradise

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 09:19:02 AM »

In his current state, cro-cop couldn't fight himself out of a wet paper bag...

I don't think Andersen should go up in weight.  Instead, he should dominate his weight class with a record number of title defenses & consecutive UFC wins.  Then, and only then, would there be a reason to move up.

As for Chuck, I liked the Rashad match up.  It would have been good to see Chuck end that over-hyped clowns undefeated record.  After that, he would possibly be back in title contention.
w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 10:10:28 AM »

In his current state, cro-cop couldn't fight himself out of a wet paper bag...

I don't think Andersen should go up in weight.  Instead, he should dominate his weight class with a record number of title defenses & consecutive UFC wins.  Then, and only then, would there be a reason to move up.

As for Chuck, I liked the Rashad match up.  It would have been good to see Chuck end that over-hyped clowns undefeated record.  After that, he would possibly be back in title contention.
Agree with everything stated. AS shouldn't move up in weight at this point. I also think that Rashad is lame, but I don't know that he's "overhyped". He's undefeated, but you don't hear too many people talking about him as a potential great champion. To me his fights are boring as hell.
!

ornomental

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 11:40:39 AM »
For the UFC.  Destroying Chack is bad for them long term.  They spent too much money marketing him to the masses.  If you think he had trouble with Pele, Pele's student will make him look real bad. 
[/quote
    From what i saw Chuck had no trouble with Pele ?? Overpower him the whole fight... Plus Pele always been  a great fighter. Anyway not the same animal today.
         Silva is so dominant these day, I don't really see Chuck knocking him. Silva via triangle chock ,Chuck's gonna  sleep !!!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 12:19:05 PM »

He would destroy Chuck.  He is a much better striker, has power, and is very elusive.  If they do fight, watch Chuck shoot doubles and singles.  Chuck isn't that much taller than Anderson, and wouldn't have a significant reach advantage, besides Chuck throws looping punches which effective shortens his reach.  If Chuck were to get it on the ground, Anderson will put the bodylock on him and wait for the standup.  In either case, I don't see how Chuck could beat Anderson unless he gets a lucky punch in.  Go see the Pele fight with Chuck, Pele was outweighed by 30 lbs and gave Chuck all he could handle, even had him on queer street.  Anderson is better than his mentor. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 11:18:09 PM »
I'm sure onlymen thinks BJ Penn could beat Anderson Silva.

Then again, I'm sure onlymen thinks BJ Penn could beat just about anybody. ::)

Why not?  I do know for sure he would beat you. ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 01:51:43 PM »
I can't believe somebody in this thread mentioned Fedor, ROFL..... Silva wouldn't last 30 seconds with Fedor..

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 03:13:39 PM »

It's confirmed for UFC 88 Liddell/Evans, so now that Liddell has Evans, What's next for Anderson?  I would say Okami (he may have lost to Rich, but he did win his last fight impressively, and there is the revenge factor that would make for a good storyline) but it seems like they want the winner of Cote/Almieda to get the title shot. 
Predictions
 40/61

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
It's confirmed for UFC 88 Liddell/Evans, so now that Liddell has Evans, What's next for Anderson?  I would say Okami (he may have lost to Rich, but he did win his last fight impressively, and there is the revenge factor that would make for a good storyline) but it seems like they want the winner of Cote/Almieda to get the title shot. 

so much for my source :-\  Apparently, if he moves up to LHW, Andersen wants to start with a title shot...
w