Author Topic: Reverse sexual harassment and the double standard.  (Read 2594 times)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Reverse sexual harassment and the double standard.
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »
In my place of employment it seems that women over 40 can get away with sexual harassment much easier than their male counter parts.

They make lewd remarks and touch inappropiately but if the victim  (a male) rejects or refuses to accept this type of behavior he is labeled as a wimp or homosexual.

Does anyone else see this or experienced?
W

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Reverse sexual harassment and the double standard.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:20:30 AM »
I saw that movie!! (Demi Moore right?)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »

Yeah kinda like that.
W

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 09:54:33 AM »

That's the movie that came to mind.

HM, have you told them to stop?  Also if you need to couldn't you involve your HR dept?

Or maybe while one is harassing you, even if you are close in age you could tell her she's making you uncomfortable because she reminds you of your dear Aunt Gertrude.
R

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:29:41 AM »

HM, have you told them to stop?  Also if you need to couldn't you involve your HR dept?

Or maybe while one is harassing you, even if you are close in age you could tell her she's making you uncomfortable because she reminds you of your dear Aunt Gertrude.

This is a very difficult position to be in, for me anyway so no I have not said anything! The ruffling of feathers over something like this could be detrimental to my team.

I have to be honest here, she is nothing like my Aunt Gertrude, she is very attractive and she knows it! I don't know if it's because I might fall prey or the negative man vibes I would get if I blew the whistle. I just think if I flirted with her like she flirts with me or any other man in our group, it would be a totally different situation.

I don't know if its the double standard that pisses me off or the possibility of giving into temptation that scares me.
W

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »
And another thing, why can women wear sandles and shorts in the workplace but men can't?
W

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 12:11:29 PM »

At my last place of work on more than one occasion men complained about sexual harassment from a woman.
The guys where treated as a joke.
Even worse was when guys complained about sexual harassment from other men.
The guys complaining ended being ridiculed.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 12:35:55 PM »
At my last place of work on more than one occasion men complained about sexual harassment from a woman.

Concur!
W

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 02:10:47 PM »
This is a very difficult position to be in, for me anyway so no I have not said anything! The ruffling of feathers over something like this could be detrimental to my team.

I have to be honest here, she is nothing like my Aunt Gertrude, she is very attractive and she knows it! I don't know if it's because I might fall prey or the negative man vibes I would get if I blew the whistle. I just think if I flirted with her like she flirts with me or any other man in our group, it would be a totally different situation.

I don't know if its the double standard that pisses me off or the possibility of giving into temptation that scares me.

What if you just stood and stared at her w/a blank face?

And another thing, why can women wear sandles and shorts in the workplace but men can't?
Is that a policy in your workplace?

Is she still working there?  Were you one of the men she harassed?  Please share if you are comfortable!
R

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 04:09:50 PM »
Is she still working there?  Were you one of the men she harassed?  Please share if you are comfortable!

What would that do?

Unwritten policy yes.

I
s she still working there?

As the day is long.

Were you one of the men she harassed?

One of many yes.

But just like Powerpack said:

W

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 04:47:02 PM »
What would that do?

Make them think about their behavior hopefully?

R

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 05:10:22 PM »
Come in one Monday morning wearing a dirty, an unpressed shirt and unwashed hair.  put your tie on haphazardly and glare at them while muttering to yourself.
You can always go home at noon and dress properly.  They will have gotten the required message by then.  They might shy away from you but the harassment should stop
and they will think twice before starting again.  Just mutter lowly enough or don't say anything coherent so it it can't be complained about.
You must remain distance from the people who will ask you what is going on though.  Be an enigma!
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »
Come in one Monday morning wearing a dirty, an unpressed shirt and unwashed hair.  put your tie on haphazardly and glare at them while muttering to yourself.
You can always go home at noon and dress properly.  They will have gotten the required message by then.  They might shy away from you but the harassment should stop
and they will think twice before starting again.  Just mutter lowly enough or don't say anything coherent so it it can't be complained about.
You must remain distance from the people who will ask you what is going on though.  Be an enigma!

Weird behavior would attract this woman. I will have a sit down with her privately, kinda what Stella suggested.
W

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 08:32:03 PM »
Just hit it and quit it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 05:55:26 AM »
When I was 25 I had a female boss that was about 38-39 and was a total couger. She would make some totally lude comments to me at times as well as some inappopreate contact from time to time. Eventually I just found another job and left. She was attractive and tall but I had just started dating my wife at the time and everyone knows what its like when you just start dating someone. If I had been single it might have been fun but in this case it was kinda uncomfortable. Thats the only time ive ever been "harrassed" in a way that made me uncomfortable. Usally its just a joke that was harmless but not in this case.
X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 06:18:41 AM »

He could dress like this

R

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 07:23:58 AM »

That's the movie Disclosure. Believe me, if I had a hot boss like that and she came on to me, I would be in la la land :)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 09:00:09 AM »
That's the movie Disclosure. Believe me, if I had a hot boss like that and she came on to me, I would be in la la land :)

She's a team leader but I will say this, she is hottie at 47+ yrs old, divorced with an emtpy nest. She frequents a local bar and braggs about how many beads she has received. Once she told me about her son (who I used to work with) telling her to slow down showing her assets to obtain beads at this local watering hole because his friends go there as well but she seemed to be very proud that her sons friends commented on her. Truth be told, if I were a single man I would'nt hesitate to ring her bell but I am a commited and faithful man. 

HMIC
W

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 10:36:31 AM »
She's a team leader but I will say this, she is hottie at 47+ yrs old, divorced with an emtpy nest. She frequents a local bar and braggs about how many beads she has received. Once she told me about her son (who I used to work with) telling her to slow down showing her assets to obtain beads at this local watering hole because his friends go there as well but she seemed to be very proud that her sons friends commented on her. Truth be told, if I were a single man I would'nt hesitate to ring her bell but I am a commited and faithful man. 

HMIC
Is getting beads like those necklaces during Mardi Gras  ???
R

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 10:46:22 AM »

I was wondering the same thing.

No I was not, but I did leave my Judo club after sexual harasment.
One of the ladies would be ~over friendly~ to me then a total bitch then over friendly then a total bitch etc.
She would do things like feel my ass when we line up, when we practiced she would try and practice with me and always try and get us into hold positions that are almost sexual.
Then the next time we practice she would mock me, be bitchy sarcastic etc especially if I grabbed another partner and not her and the cycle would just carry on and on and on......
I was for ever walking on egg shells around her, I complained to my coach but nobody seemed to know what to do.
So in the end I just left.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 11:16:21 AM »

No I was not, but I did leave my Judo club after sexual harasment.
One of the ladies would be ~over friendly~ to me then a total bitch then over friendly then a total bitch etc.
She would do things like feel my ass when we line up, when we practiced she would try and practice with me and always try and get us into hold positions that are almost sexual.
Then the next time we practice she would mock me, be bitchy sarcastic etc especially if I grabbed another partner and not her and the cycle would just carry on and on and on......
I was for ever walking on egg shells around her, I complained to my coach but nobody seemed to know what to do.
So in the end I just left.

Yuck!  That sounds terrible! 

sorry you went through that. :(
R

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
Yuck!  That sounds terrible! 

sorry you went through that. :(
Agreed. She sounds like a nut job with a hormomone imbalance.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 01:57:54 PM »

Yes, these Bamas (Southern Maryland inbreds (SMIBs)) are always trying to be something they are not.
W

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 09:50:28 PM »
In my place of employment it seems that women over 40 can get away with sexual harassment much easier than their male counter parts.

They make lewd remarks and touch inappropiately but if the victim  (a male) rejects or refuses to accept this type of behavior he is labeled as a wimp or homosexual.

Does anyone else see this or experienced?

Had my butt grabbed (multiple times), I've had women put their breasts on my hand...had I turned my hand over...I knew she would yelling "sexual harassment"...That made me felt uncomfortable, but i don't mind some chick grabbin my butt...

But I agree,  a man can't say jack, but women can. As a matter of fact a woman can bring in a Vicky's secret catalog, but let you try it, or bring in a magazine that might have the same or similar swimsuits as the ones in a Cosmo magazine (that a female co-worker would blatantly be looking at), and watch your ass catch hell... 

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 05:58:45 AM »
Women are allowed to make sexual statements about guys muscles ..didnt you know that ..
L