Author Topic: Whatcha doing with your carton of egg whites?  (Read 1608 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Whatcha doing with your carton of egg whites?
« on: June 04, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »
I've just started microwaving it, blend it with some cocoa powder and water, and chill in a milk jug. 

Screw whey.  Who know's what's really in there?

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
Re: Whatcha doing with your carton of egg whites?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »
R U kidding?
O

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
I drink them straight, like a true iron warrior.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 11:47:02 PM »
In a pan, ala Ronnie.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 01:04:32 AM »
I eat whole eggs...

TAKE THAT CHOLESTEROL YOU BASTARD!!!
No doubt about it...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:38:58 AM »
I drink them straight, like a true iron warrior.

I do this as well.
They're pasteurized, so uncooked consumption is safe.
The taste and texture is not bad at all IMO, but then again...
I used to also chug raw whole eggs ala Rocky and that never bothered me either.  ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 04:26:03 AM »
I do this as well.
They're pasteurized, so uncooked consumption is safe.
The taste and texture is not bad at all IMO, but then again...
I used to also chug raw whole eggs ala Rocky and that never bothered me either.  ::)

Maybe.  Do you know if pasteurization temperature is high enough to destroy the avidin?  If not, you'll eventually lose all your biotin and end up looking like Jon Voight.

R U kidding?

I never joke about egg whites.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 06:24:56 AM »
Maybe.  Do you know if pasteurization temperature is high enough to destroy the avidin? If not, you'll eventually lose all your biotin and end up looking like Jon Voight.

Not sure, though this has been a topic of great debate lately.
I still eat a decent sized cooked egg omelette (w/ 2 yolks) every morning. I presume I'm getting enough biotin from that.

And if I'm wrong and end up looking like Voight, then hopefully my future daughter will look like Angelina Jolie and make me rich!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 09:50:55 AM »
i drink raw egg whites un pastuerized and im doing just fine

tapeworm ill microwave them..but before i do i mix into the egg whites some chili powder some hot sauce some salt and some grnaulated garlic and dried onions..  8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 12:08:20 PM »
Ok, I confess I used to drink them raw all the time (still blended - I ain't Rocky) for years and nothing awful ever happened... if you don't count occasional gas from overconsumption.   :-X  I've changed my mind these days tho and since I'm blending it, it just needs a bit more water to smooth it out and it's all the same.

The article that Princess L posted about bioavailability of cooked vs. raw was a factor in moving to cooked whites too.

The thing that spooks me about whey is that I don't know for sure what's in there.  Is there really 30g of full-amino protein per serving?  I can't say for sure one way or the other so maybe there is, but it's a given that supp companies have a history of being full of shit.  Humans (and bodybuilders) were eating eggs and getting good results long before whey powder came along.  The thing I like about a carton of egg whites is that when I cook it, I KNOW I've got egg whites.  No doubts, no aspartame, just protein.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 01:25:33 PM »
Ok, I confess I used to drink them raw all the time (still blended - I ain't Rocky) for years and nothing awful ever happened... if you don't count occasional gas from overconsumption.   :-X  I've changed my mind these days tho and since I'm blending it, it just needs a bit more water to smooth it out and it's all the same.

The article that Princess L posted about bioavailability of cooked vs. raw was a factor in moving to cooked whites too.

The thing that spooks me about whey is that I don't know for sure what's in there.  Is there really 30g of full-amino protein per serving?  I can't say for sure one way or the other so maybe there is, but it's a given that supp companies have a history of being full of shit.  Humans (and bodybuilders) were eating eggs and getting good results long before whey powder came along.  The thing I like about a carton of egg whites is that when I cook it, I KNOW I've got egg whites.  No doubts, no aspartame, just protein.
i totally agree on that dude. but i trust certain companies like trueprotein (dante's company), so ill buy from them still.... but other wise yeah i think egg whites are the way to go...and the digestion rate for drinking liquid egg whites is very similar to whey anyways..