Author Topic: Obama says goal 'to eliminate' Iran threat  (Read 1613 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Obama says goal 'to eliminate' Iran threat
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »
Democratic presumptive presidential nominee Barack Obama vowed Wednesday he would work to "eliminate" the threat posed by Iran to security in the Middle East and around the globe.
"There's no greater threat to Israel or to the peace and stability of the region than Iran," he told the powerful pro-Israel lobby, the American Israel Public Affairs Council (AIPAC).

"The danger from Iran is grave and real and my goal will be to eliminate this threat," he said, adding loudly to add emphasis that he would "everything" to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.

"The Iranian regime supports violent extremes. And challenges across the region. It pursues a nuclear capability that could spark a dangerous arms race," he told AIPAC's annual meeting in Washington.

Calling for "aggressive, principled diplomacy" to tackle the problem of the Islamic regime in Tehran, he also warned he would never take the military option off the table in guaranteeing US and Israeli security.

"As president of the United States, I would be willing to lead tough and principled diplomacy with the appropriate Iranian leader at a time and place of my choosing -- if, and only if -- it can advance the interests of the United States
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: Obama says goal 'to eliminate' Iran threat
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »

From 2007

If elected president, Senator Barack Obama would meet with Iran's leaders and offer economic inducements and a possible promise not to seek "regime change" if Iran stopped meddling in Iraq and cooperated on terrorism and nuclear issues.

In an hour-long interview on Wednesday, Obama made clear that forging a new relationship with Iran would be a major element of a broad effort to stabilize Iraq. And he vowed to engage in "aggressive personal diplomacy" with Iran and other regional powers as he withdrew American combat forces in Iraq.

Obama said that Iran had been "acting irresponsibly" by supporting Shiite militant groups in Iraq. He also stressed that Tehran's suspected nuclear weapons program and its support for "terrorist activities" were serious concerns and that "we expect them to desist from those actions."

But Obama said that "changes in behavior" by Iran should be met with gestures by the United States, beginning with possible membership in the World Trade Organization.

"We are willing to talk about certain assurances in the context of them showing some good faith," he said. "I think it is important for us to send a signal that we are not hell bent on regime change, just for the sake of regime change, but expect changes in behavior. And there are both carrots and there are sticks available to them for those changes in behavior."

L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 03:44:39 PM »
You disagree with this?    He sound tough, principled and has lines that will not be crossed.

I admit he's not what we're used to........shooting first and asking questions later.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »
Is it true hh6, that we're paying our allies money we dont have to support the occupation??

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »
Oh wait......just 2 weeks ago he said Iran wasn't a threat ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »
Fuck Iran and Fuck the whole region...the US needs to start taking care of itself...let Israel do battle with its enemies and get the Israeli lobby the fuck out fo Washington.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »
More doublespeak. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »
there is no threat. 

Just a bunch of scared little men who are controlled by fear.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 06:11:35 AM »
Oh wait......just 2 weeks ago he said Iran wasn't a threat ::)

still waiting on that quote, mother goose ;)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 06:39:09 AM »
You disagree with this?    He sound tough, principled and has lines that will not be crossed.

I admit he's not what we're used to........shooting first and asking questions later.

Your fooled this easy?

After just 4 weeks ago when he said "Iran was no threat"

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 07:10:09 AM »
Your fooled this easy?

After just 4 weeks ago when he said "Iran was no threat"

He said nothing of the sort.

Fear spin again.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:15:01 AM »
Obama's quote...

Iran, Cuba, Venezuela? These countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose any serious threat to us," he told a crowd at a campaign stop over the weekend, prompting the probable Republican opponent for the White House to respond that Iran already is attacking the U.S.

as opposed to John McCain who said this.....

Obviously, Iran isn't a superpower, doesn't possess the military power the Soviet Union had. But that does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination that the threat posed by Iran is insignificant," Sen. John McCain said today. "On the contrary, right now Iran provides some of the deadliest explosive devices used in Iraq to kill our soldiers.

"They are the chief sponsor of Shia extremists in Iraq, and terrorist organizations in the Middle East. … And their president, who has called Israel a stinking corpse, has repeatedly made clear his government's commitment to Israel's destruction. Most worrying, Iran is intent on acquiring nuclear weapons," McCain said.

L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 07:21:19 AM »
Obama's quote...

Iran, Cuba, Venezuela? These countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose any serious threat to us," he told a crowd at a campaign stop over the weekend, prompting the probable Republican opponent for the White House to respond that Iran already is attacking the U.S.

as opposed to John McCain who said this.....

Obviously, Iran isn't a superpower, doesn't possess the military power the Soviet Union had. But that does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination that the threat posed by Iran is insignificant," Sen. John McCain said today. "On the contrary, right now Iran provides some of the deadliest explosive devices used in Iraq to kill our soldiers.

"They are the chief sponsor of Shia extremists in Iraq, and terrorist organizations in the Middle East. … And their president, who has called Israel a stinking corpse, has repeatedly made clear his government's commitment to Israel's destruction. Most worrying, Iran is intent on acquiring nuclear weapons," McCain said.

Again it's a bunch of fear spin.

If we wanted to we could seal those borders off better in Iraq. 

Secondly, there's plenty of other ways to get them besides Iran.

Thirdly, Iran is not a great threat to the USA,  just to the soldiers in Iraq where everything is a threat.

Yep  Iran will get nukes.  It's only a matter of time.   We have to learn to deal with it, like we dealt with Russia getting them, do we want to go invade again?   Is that our future?  We invade every country that gets nukes that we don't like?   We will eventually lose.

McCain is a fvcking idiot, whiney geezer.   He such a WHORE he sung bomb bomb bomb Iran just to suck votes.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 07:24:15 AM »
I think I'd rather believe the "fear spin" with someone who has access to the documents, instead of someone who has access to youtube, and can't even find Obama's quote that Iran poses no threat

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 07:28:42 AM »
I think I'd rather believe the "fear spin" with someone who has access to the documents, instead of someone who has access to youtube, and can't even find Obama's quote that Iran poses no threat

the quote was discussed on this board.   It was in English.   Do you know the meaning of English sentences? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »
I think Ozmo lives in an area where gas is over 4 buck a gallon. Look bro calm down. We can't seal the border. They can get in. Look at a mape..google earth it and then get back to me. Fear spin..yeah I'm worried about ol Barry and his crew of hate America first folks.  I wish u were right here so I could show u what Iran is doing on a daily basis, to our guys and to undermine the progress in Iraq. I can't print half the shit I know about what Iran is doing and the US government keeps it pretty quiet because if eveything was on the table the damm 82nd would have to drop on Tehran. But u can dig on the net and get enough on what they're doing.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 07:47:24 AM »
Explosively Formed Projectile (EFP)

A shaped charge is a concave metal hemisphere or cone (known as a liner) backed by a high explosive, all in a steel or aluminum casing. When the high explosive is detonated, the metal liner is compressed and squeezed forward, forming a jet whose tip may travel as fast as 10 kilometers per second.

Conventional shaped charges are constructed with a charge case, a hollow conical liner within the case, and a high explosive material positioned between the liner and case. A detonator is activated to initiate the explosive material to generate a detonation wave. This wave collapses the liner and a high velocity metallic jet is formed. The jet pierces the well casing and geologic formation, and a slow moving slug is simultaneously formed. The jet properties depend on the charge shape, the energy released, and the liner mass and composition. A Monroe-effect shaped-charge warhead can be expected to penetrate armor equal to 150-250% of the warhead diameter
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 08:42:12 AM »
I think Ozmo lives in an area where gas is over 4 buck a gallon. Look bro calm down. We can't seal the border. They can get in. Look at a mape..google earth it and then get back to me. Fear spin..yeah I'm worried about ol Barry and his crew of hate America first folks.  I wish u were right here so I could show u what Iran is doing on a daily basis, to our guys and to undermine the progress in Iraq. I can't print half the shit I know about what Iran is doing and the US government keeps it pretty quiet because if eveything was on the table the damm 82nd would have to drop on Tehran. But u can dig on the net and get enough on what they're doing.

I understand what they are doing.

But they are a threat ONLY becuase of our fvck up in Iraq. 

And they are not a great threat to the USA!

They are ONLY a threat serious threat in terms of suppliers, who would be replaced by something else.

FEAR SPIN 2008!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 08:59:36 AM »
If Iran was gone we'd have Syria, isolated and alone. That would be one less supplier for Hamas/Hezboallah. They are a huge problem for their neighbors. They are going nuclear and now everybody in that area will want to. They were going nuclear regardless of Iraq.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 09:10:26 AM »
If Iran was gone we'd have Syria, isolated and alone. That would be one less supplier for Hamas/Hezboallah. They are a huge problem for their neighbors. They are going nuclear and now everybody in that area will want to. They were going nuclear regardless of Iraq.

Nothing will stop countries from going nuclear.  It's a pipe dream. 

It's like trying to stop countries from using fighter jets.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 10:33:38 AM »
More doublespeak. 
bump for truth...this guy is a straight up pimp man

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »

BTW  I paid $4.49/gallon for premium this morning.   ;D

I love, speculators,  don't you?