Author Topic: Clinton backing down...  (Read 986 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Clinton backing down...
« on: June 04, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
About time. 

Clinton to suspend campaign, bucking for VP bid?   

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton on Saturday will officially suspend her campaign for the presidency and "express her support for Senator Obama and party unity," her campaign said Wednesday.

The Clinton campaign said she will make the announcement at "an event in Washington, D.C.," where she will also thank her supporters.

Obama and Clinton were in Washington on Wednesday to each address the influential American Israel Public Affairs Committee. The candidates ran into each other at the AIPAC conference and had a brief chat, Obama spokeswoman Linda Douglass said.

"She's an extraordinary leader of the Democratic Party and has made history alongside me over the last 16 months. I'm very proud to have competed against her," Obama told the Israel lobbying group.

Obama became his party's presumptive nominee Tuesday and will be looking to unite Democrats divided by the long and contentious primary season.

"I am very confident how unified the Democratic Party is going to be to win in November," he said in a Senate hallway Wednesday. iReport.com: Obama/Clinton -- dream team or nightmare?

Some say that putting Clinton on the ticket might fit the bill for uniting Democrats.

Clinton lavished her opponent with praise Tuesday, saying he ran an "extraordinary race" and made politics more palatable for many.  Watch how the primary played out »

Prominent Clinton backer Rep. Charles Rangel, D-New York, thinks the New York senator could have been "far more generous" during her speech Tuesday night after it was clear that Obama had clinched the Democratic nomination.

Rangel, the senior member of the New York congressional delegation and an early supporter of Clinton's presidential campaign, said Wednesday that Clinton should have been more clear about what her plans are.

"I would agree that after the math was in before her speech, that she could have been far more generous in terms of being more specific and saying that she wants a Democratic victory," Rangel said on MSNBC.

"I don't see what they're talking about in prolonging this," Rangel added. "There's nothing to prolong if you're not going to take the fight to the convention floor. ... I don't know why she could not have been more open in terms of doing up front what she intends to do later."

. . .

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/04/democrats.wednesday/index.html

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Clinton backing down...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 08:55:05 PM »
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Clinton backing down...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:36:29 PM »
So what?   At least she stuck in there.   Shows me something although i still don't care for here.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 02:34:48 AM »
Yes, she sent out this email.....about time:

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 02:36:29 AM »
So what?   At least she stuck in there.   Shows me something although i still don't care for here.

Yeah, shows you that she believes that she was entitled to the nomination. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 06:46:33 AM »

Member of the Trinity Church, Tre?

18 million votes, and if she does not get VP slot, at least half of those are no votes, or going to McCain

cause yes she is entitled to the nomination

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 07:09:12 AM »

HHEHEHEH   good point.   !

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 10:58:53 AM »
Member of the Trinity Church, Tre?

18 million votes, and if she does not get VP slot, at least half of those are no votes, or going to McCain

What, because she 'got Bill elected' in 1992?  Gimme a break.

How does a person become entitled to the Presidency? 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 11:08:20 AM »

In what alternate reality does this sound plausible... or even make sense.?The number of people who would leave the party , or ,even more inconceivably,  switch parties because their candidate did not receive the nomination is nowhere near half.  Now that the primaries are over, the election will play out like all elections in the past: both parties will line up behind their respective nominees.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Clinton dragged out by her hair kicking and screaming!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 01:33:34 PM »
fixed  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »

Tre,

She is bigger than the democratic party.

Her biggest concerns are getting back the 20 mil loan and how to give a endorsement strong enough for her to be viable politically in 4 years but not so strong he will win.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Clinton dragged out by her hair kicking and screaming!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 03:25:07 PM »
fixed  ;D

Took me a min to catch that, but LOL ;D