Author Topic: Why Obama Must Go to Iraq  (Read 3147 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Why Obama Must Go to Iraq
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 06:32:38 PM »
Uh Hedge...I'd invite u to revisit the 90's. Clinton was a shill for the UN. Sending Condi doesn't mean sending in troops. We're bringing AFRICOM on board and will be running by the time a new President gets in. Barry will want to use his new to toy to spread love and cheer across the globe, no better place then the money pit that is Africa. And before I get some cut and paste article about are involvement in Africa, yes we have tons of SOF doing their thing. Thats alot different then having an Armored Div tearing across the plains..wasting more money in another series of shithole countries.

Look, I think it's great if not everyone buys into the Barack Obama hype.

But instead of making claims of what you thinks he wants to do, some kind of "secret agenda", why not attack his policies, the ones that he is trying to sell?

My point is, I've seen you claim Barack Obama is naive, that he's untrustworthy because of some kind of "Muslim" connection, that he's a rookie, that he should be in Iraq, that he will pour money into Africa...

But I've yet to see you attack the policies of Barack Obama. The man may actually become the next president. Lets consider that for a moment.

The only one who benefits from the personal attacks on Barack Obama... is Barack Obama.

Because that allows him to work his image of being some kind of change and beacon of hope even further.

One question:

The military contractors are for the first time in 14 years investing more in the Democratic Party than they do in the Republican Party.

What does that say about US presence in Iraq with Barack Obama as president?

Shit like that needs to be asked IMO.

Is Barack Obama serious about leaving Iraq?
Does he have the political balls to clean up the national debt, which will take serious slashing of the military fundings?
How can he promise tax cuts?

Nobody seems to ask these questions.
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 08:15:25 PM »
Look, I think it's great if not everyone buys into the Barack Obama hype.

But instead of making claims of what you thinks he wants to do, some kind of "secret agenda", why not attack his policies, the ones that he is trying to sell?

My point is, I've seen you claim Barack Obama is naive, that he's untrustworthy because of some kind of "Muslim" connection, that he's a rookie, that he should be in Iraq, that he will pour money into Africa...

But I've yet to see you attack the policies of Barack Obama. The man may actually become the next president. Lets consider that for a moment.

The only one who benefits from the personal attacks on Barack Obama... is Barack Obama.

Because that allows him to work his image of being some kind of change and beacon of hope even further.

One question:

The military contractors are for the first time in 14 years investing more in the Democratic Party than they do in the Republican Party.

What does that say about US presence in Iraq with Barack Obama as president?

Shit like that needs to be asked IMO.

Is Barack Obama serious about leaving Iraq?
Does he have the political balls to clean up the national debt, which will take serious slashing of the military fundings?
How can he promise tax cuts?

Nobody seems to ask these questions.

It's called fear spin.  and it's infecting even the most bright.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 08:57:34 AM »
Hedge has posed some intelligent points.  HH6 can you answer these with substance?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 09:01:41 AM »
he needs first to go to grand rapids michigan first where the largest iraqi in exile community lives today

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2008, 09:05:55 AM »
It's called fear spin.  and it's infecting even the most bright.

Its funny eveytime we get into economic trouble..hey lets slash the military budget..sorry we're at war..not gonna happen. Slash welfare, slash the numerous BS entitlements, slash every day social program outthere. Obama won't be able to leave Iraq on his time tabel..if he does, we'll be back.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 09:40:37 AM »
Its funny eveytime we get into economic trouble..hey lets slash the military budget..sorry we're at war..not gonna happen. Slash welfare, slash the numerous BS entitlements, slash every day social program outthere. Obama won't be able to leave Iraq on his time tabel..if he does, we'll be back.

You and i both know we are not leaving Iraq anytime soon.   Whether Obama is in or McCain, doesn't matter. 
He's not going to slash military budgets.

He or McCain will raise taxes. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 09:45:46 AM »

The problem is that over 50% of the tax dollar is spent on the military, the current foreign policy and huge military sector is the major costs for USA right now.

Slash wellfare programs and "BS entitlements"? That would give you few percentages lower cost. But the military budget need to be seriously trimmed down.

Slim down the military organisation, make it more effective as well.

BTW, making investments in young trouble kids have been shown to save the society tremendous amounts of money.

Every trouble kid that grows up and becomes a criminal is a cost of at least $5 millions to the society. With a few hundred dollars per year, you can avoid that.

That's saving.

So I'm not sure if slashing wellfare programs is what you want to do. Re-direct them perhaps. And make them better. Or develop them.

But currently, there are too many criminals in the streets for anyone to just think the situation is "good to go".

As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 09:46:44 AM »
He or McCain will raise taxes. 

Obama claims he's got a tax cut coming. However that is possible. ::)
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 09:48:13 AM »
Obama claims he's got a tax cut coming. However that is possible. ::)

Does McCain?   It's all campaign crap right now. 

BTW,  no way military spending will be slashed unless we stabilize Iraq.