Author Topic: Installment Three: The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder  (Read 3731 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Installment Three.  The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

All analysis is based on Vincent Bugliosi’s The Prosecution of George W. Bush For Murder,

Possible Charges: Murder in the first and second degree and conspiracy to commit murder.  (We’ll only look at the Murder One charge)

Jurisdiction:  The preferable venue to charge Bush with murder is in the nation’s capital with the prosecutor being the Atty. Gen.  However, any state atty. Gen. (or any district attorney in any county of any state) could bring murder charges against Bush for any soldiers from that state or county who lost their lives fighting Bush’s war (every state is in play).

The Charge of Murder:  The unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.
  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00001111----000-.html

The act of killing of a human being by Bush was his ordering his military to invade Iraq with American soldiers, 4000 of whom have died b/c of the war. 

The ‘malice aforethought’ is a term of art denoting if the act was performed with the concurrent wrongful state of mind, i.e., intentional, fraudulent, malicious, etc.  The necessary intent would be shown if Bush either intended to kill the soldiers by ordering the war or he started the war with reckless and wanton disregard for the consequences and indifference to human life without any lawful excuse or justification.  A lawful self-defense of the US from an imminent Iraq attack would negate a valid murder charge.

Analysis:  The act is a foregone conclusion.  The invasion ordered by Bush and the resulting deaths are matter of history.  It becomes a ‘wrongful act’ if Bush ordered the attack with malice aforethought without any lawful excuse.  The issues at hand are whether Bush had ‘malice aforethought’ when he ordered the invasion and whether he acted in Self-defense of the US.

Bush absolutely knew that soldiers would die in his war.  Unless Bush intended to have a war without any casualties, which is nonsensical on its face, he did in fact, specifically intend to have American soldiers killed.

We have the wrongful act and the wrongful state of mind for a valid murder charge to proceed.

Bush’s Defense:  The invasion he ordered was an act of lawful self defense from an imminent Iraqi attack of the US.  If Bush either lied when he said Hussein’s alleged WMDs made him an imminent threat to the security of this country or lied when he led Americans to believe that Hussein was involved with 9/11 then his act of ordering the invasion would not be the conduct of a person acting in self defense.

LIE #1.   Was Hussein an imminent threat to the USA?  No.  Bush lied to Congress and the American people when he made that claim so that he could get their support for the invasion of Iraq.

Evidence: 

1.   Iraq was wasted by the Desert Storm, US sanctions, & Weapons Inspections.  10-15-2001 Colin Powell said, “Iraq is Iraq, a wasted society for 10 years.  They’re sad.  They’re contained…”  Proof of Iraq’s decrepit state was shown in the fact that Iraq fell to Coalition Forces in three weeks. 

2.  It was Bush that first posited the idea that Iraq was an imminent threat: Iraq could “act on any given day”; that “before the day of horror can come, before it is too late to act, this danger must be removed”; “Some ask how urgent this danger is to America.  The danger is already significant and it only grows worse with time.”;  Iraq constituted “a threat of unique urgency”;  “Iraq could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as forty-five minutes.”  Bush said no less than six times at a press conference on March 6, 2003 that “Saddam is a threat to our Nation” and “Saddam and his weapons are a direct threat to this country.”;  “The security of the world requires disarming Saddam Hussein now.”

Talk about hyperbole. 

3.   Bush stopped pursuing Osama Bin Laden to concentrate on Hussein.  The president abandoned the pursuit of OBL—the one man most responsible for the 3000 deaths on 9/11, the one he promised to bring back “dead or alive”.  That is circumstantial evidence that his passion for invading Iraq was so strong that he would be much more likely to lie to the American people about Hussein being an imminent threat to the US.

4.   October 7, 2002 Bush addressed the nation and said that Hussein was “a great danger to our nation”, either by using “unmanned aerial vehicles” with “chemical or biological” payloads “for missions targeting the US” or by providing these weapons to a “terrorist groups or individual terrorists to attack us.”

The day after the speech, George Tenet declassified a letter, signed by John McLaughlin, (deputy director of the CIA) which stated that Iraq was not an imminent threat to the security of the country and would not be unless the US attacked Iraq.  That letter predated Bush’s speech by a matter of hours.  Since the CIA is an agency of the Executive Branch and the director reports only to the president, it is unthinkable that Bush did not know the contents of the letter stating Iraq was no imminent threat to the US. 

Also, the letter simply corroborated the same finding in the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate issued by the CIA to Bush on 10-1-2002.  The CIA did not consider Hussein an imminent threat.

Bush said, “I’ll be making up my mind (to invade Iraq) based on the latest intelligence.”

When Bush told the nation on 10-7 that Hussein was an imminent threat to the security of the country, he was telling millions of Americans the exact opposite of what his own CIA was telling him.  Bush had his minions repeat lies like these in Congressional Briefings.

On 10-4-2002, Bush issued a White Paper RESTATING the information in the 10-01-2002 NIE changing the language to make mere opinions into rock solid facts and to add words showing the US homeland was a target.  That’s big-time deception.

Space limitations restrict me from showing all the evidence.  But this should be enough to show Bush lied about Iraq’s imminent threat to us.

LIE 2.   Was Iraq in league with Al Qaeda?  No.  Prior to the invasion, Bush and his people  claimed through innuendo and implication that Hussein/Iraq was allies with Al Qaeda.

Evidence: 

9-20-2001:  Bush tells Congress and America “Americans are asking: ‘Who attacked our country?’  The evidence we have gathered all points to a collection of loosely affiliated terrorist organizations known as Al Qaeda.”  Not one word about Hussein and Iraq. 

By 2003 about 70% of Americans believed that Iraq/Hussein was behind the attacks of 9/11.  A concerted effort to tie Hussein to 9/11 was enacted by the Bush administration.  In August of 2006, Bush finally admitted that there was “no evidence” of Hussein being involved with planning/executing the 9/11 attacks.  In September of 2006, an amazing 43% of the US people still believed Hussein/Iraq attacked us.  A poll of US soldiers in June of 2006 showed that 90% believed Hussein/Iraq was behind 9/11.

Deborah Tannen, professor of linguistics at Georgetown University, studied Bush’s speeches and concluded: “Clearly, he’s using language to imply a connection between Saddam Hussein and September 11.  There is specific manipulation of  language here to imply a connection,” and that in Iraq “we have gone to war with the terrorists who attacked us.”

Bush’s own words condemn him:  “I was very careful never to say that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack on America.” (March 20, 2006).  Bush’s admission that there was no evidence connecting Hussein with 9/11 proves beyond all doubt that every time he suggested thereafter that Hussein was involved, he was deliberately lying to the American people to gain their support for …the war.

More instances:  The “Mission Accomplished” speech:  “With those attacks, the terrorists and their supporters declared war on the US.  And war is what they got.”

2004 State of the Union:  “After the chaos and carnage of September 11…the terrorists declared war on the US and war is what they got”

July 4, 2004:  The wars we are fighting [Iraq & Afghanistan] came to our shores on September 11…”

02-24-2006:  “We’re taking the fight to those that attacked us.”

There’s only one way to interpret those words.  Mr. Bush lied about the Hussein/9/11 connection.

Conclusion:  It is shown beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Bush ordered the attack of Iraq causing the deaths of over 4000 Americans and 100,000 Iraqis.  He did so without any legal justification.  He should be found guilty of murder.

Next, Installment Four:  Mr. Bush on the Stand.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Installment Three: The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:21:44 PM »
I dont think BB will understand this logic. 

Do you have access to any childrens versions, with pop-up pictures??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »

All analysis is based on Vincent Bugliosi’s The Prosecution of George W. Bush For Murder,

Possible Charges: Murder in the first and second degree and conspiracy to commit murder.  (We’ll only look at the Murder One charge)

Jurisdiction:  The preferable venue to charge Bush with murder is in the nation’s capital with the prosecutor being the Atty. Gen.  However, any state atty. Gen. (or any district attorney in any county of any state) could bring murder charges against Bush for any soldiers from that state or county who lost their lives fighting Bush’s war (every state is in play).

The Charge of Murder:  The unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.
  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00001111----000-.html

The act of killing of a human being by Bush was his ordering his military to invade Iraq with American soldiers, 4000 of whom have died b/c of the war. 

The ‘malice aforethought’ is a term of art denoting if the act was performed with the concurrent wrongful state of mind, i.e., intentional, fraudulent, malicious, etc.  The necessary intent would be shown if Bush either intended to kill the soldiers by ordering the war or he started the war with reckless and wanton disregard for the consequences and indifference to human life without any lawful excuse or justification.  A lawful self-defense of the US from an imminent Iraq attack would negate a valid murder charge.

This is absurd.  Every state is in play??  On what basis does he conclude that Bush can be charged with first degree murder in every state in the country?  I almost stopped reading right there.  If we're talking conspiracy, then maybe.  But first degree murder?   

Does the link you provided come from his book?  If not, what specific law does he cite?  Here is the excerpt from your link:

(a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought. Every murder perpetrated by poison, lying in wait, or any other kind of willful, deliberate, malicious, and premeditated killing; or committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, escape, murder, kidnapping, treason, espionage, sabotage, aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse, child abuse, burglary, or robbery; or perpetrated as part of a pattern or practice of assault or torture against a child or children; or perpetrated from a premeditated design unlawfully and maliciously to effect the death of any human being other than him who is killed, is murder in the first degree.
Any other murder is murder in the second degree.

Which specific portion of this statute is Bugliosi talking about? 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:14:59 PM »
Would this make every Senator or Congressman an accomplice?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 06:44:15 AM »

This is absurd.  Every state is in play??  On what basis does he conclude that Bush can be charged with first degree murder in every state in the country?  I almost stopped reading right there.  If we're talking conspiracy, then maybe.  But first degree murder?   
I'm certainly glad you kept reading.  The jurisdiction for murder and conspiracy charges against Bush for any soldier's death extends to the state from which that soldier came from.  Since every state in the union has had citizen/soldiers die in Bush's war, every state has jurisdiction.

Does the link you provided come from his book?  If not, what specific law does he cite?  Here is the excerpt from your link:

(a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought. Every murder perpetrated by poison, lying in wait, or any other kind of willful, deliberate, malicious, and premeditated killing; or committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, escape, murder, kidnapping, treason, espionage, sabotage, aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse, child abuse, burglary, or robbery; or perpetrated as part of a pattern or practice of assault or torture against a child or children; or perpetrated from a premeditated design unlawfully and maliciously to effect the death of any human being other than him who is killed, is murder in the first degree.
Any other murder is murder in the second degree.

Which specific portion of this statute is Bugliosi talking about? 
I think I stated that rather clearly.  Look at the bold print above and then look at this from my original post:

I'm almost at a loss to explain how obvious and apparent the charge is.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 06:51:49 AM »
No.  First, every Senator or Congressman did not vote for Bush's war.

Second, on 10-11-2002, Congress, by a joint congressional resolution, authorized him to use force against Iraq.  The congressional authorization is no legal defense to a prosecution of Bush for murder.  Consent (of the Congress) is not a defense to murder.  Even if it were, Bush's fraud (lies) destroys that consent.  That's boilerplate law.

Bush deliberately misled Congress to get his war--that's consent by false pretenses.

Last, Bush is the commander in chief of the military.  Only he can order an attack.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 08:40:43 AM »

Ding ding ding!   :)  I've been saying that ever since the "impeachment" nonsense started floating around.  Congress called Saddam a threat that needed to be removed for years during the Clinton and Bush administrations.  Congress authorized the use of force.  Congress endorsed the war after it started.  Congress has continued to fund the war. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 08:46:56 AM »
I'm certainly glad you kept reading.  The jurisdiction for murder and conspiracy charges against Bush for any soldier's death extends to the state from which that soldier came from.  Since every state in the union has had citizen/soldiers die in Bush's war, every state has jurisdiction.
I think I stated that rather clearly.  Look at the bold print above and then look at this from my original post:

I'm almost at a loss to explain how obvious and apparent the charge is.

I'm not convinced.  Bush can be charged with first degree murder in any state in the country?  Don't just make a blanket allegation.  Prove it.  Give me the quotes from Bulgiosi's book that prove this. 

I asked whether Bugliosi cited the link in his book that you provided.  Did he? 

You still have indicated what specific murder statute he cites in his book.  What is it? 

Regarding your link, the following are specifically defined as first degree murder:

"Every murder perpetrated by poison, lying in wait, or any other kind of willful, deliberate, malicious, and premeditated killing;"

"or committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, escape, murder, kidnapping, treason, espionage, sabotage, aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse, child abuse, burglary, or robbery;"

"or perpetrated as part of a pattern or practice of assault or torture against a child or children;"

"or perpetrated from a premeditated design unlawfully and maliciously to effect the death of any human being other than him who is killed;

"is murder in the first degree.
Any other murder is murder in the second degree."

So I'll ask again, which of the preceding does Bugliosi say Bush violated?   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 10:14:27 AM »
Ding ding ding!   :)  I've been saying that ever since the "impeachment" nonsense started floating around.  Congress called Saddam a threat that needed to be removed for years during the Clinton and Bush administrations.  Congress authorized the use of force.  Congress endorsed the war after it started.  Congress has continued to fund the war. 
Wrong, Wrong, wrong.  I take it you did not even make the time to read my response to his question.

If you had, you would not continue to make irrelevant and wasteful points.

Which part of 'Bush took the country to war under false pretenses' is not registering?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 10:41:51 AM »
I'm not convinced.  Bush can be charged with first degree murder in any state in the country?  Don't just make a blanket allegation.  Prove it.  Give me the quotes from Bulgiosi's book that prove this. 

I asked whether Bugliosi cited the link in his book that you provided.  Did he? 
The first page of the book lays out the jurisdiction:  “The preferable venue for the prosecution of GW Bush for murder and conspiracy to commit murder would be in the nation’s capital, with the prosecutor being the Atty. Gen. of the US acting through hi Department of Justice.  This book, however, establishes jurisdiction for any state attorney general (or district attorney in any county of a state) to bring murder and conspiracy charges against Bush for any soldiers from that state or county who lost their lives fighting Bush’s war, which as you can see (there’s a pic of a map) applies to every state in this nation.  Since the date of this map, March 15, 2007, hundreds of other US soldiers have died in the war.” 

“The statutory authority for prosecuting Bush for conspiracy to commit murder and for first (or second) degree murder would be 18 USC Sec.1117 (Conspiracy) and 1111 (Murder).”  Page 154

You still have indicated what specific murder statute he cites in his book.  What is it? 

Regarding your link, the following are specifically defined as first degree murder:

"Every murder perpetrated by poison, lying in wait, or any other kind of willful, deliberate, malicious, and premeditated killing;"

"or committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, escape, murder, kidnapping, treason, espionage, sabotage, aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse, child abuse, burglary, or robbery;"

"or perpetrated as part of a pattern or practice of assault or torture against a child or children;"

"or perpetrated from a premeditated design unlawfully and maliciously to effect the death of any human being other than him who is killed;

Perhaps I’m not being clear.  Murder, under the federal statute, is “The unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought."

It just so happens that the federal statute for murder, which I posted in the beginning, is the equivalent of the common law definition of murder which is the basis for every single state statute for murder.

If you can find an alternative state or federal definition of murder that bucks the wrongful mind/wrongful act requirements, then please show me that b/c that would be big news.

And while you are at it, you could find me a Dodo egg omelet.  The chances of you finding either are rather slim.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »
Wrong, Wrong, wrong.  I take it you did not even make the time to read my response to his question.

If you had, you would not continue to make irrelevant and wasteful points.

Which part of 'Bush took the country to war under false pretenses' is not registering?

I read it and disagree with it.  I like to engage in these discussions because they are fun, but let's get real here.  There is absolutely no way the president can be prosecuted for murder by virtue of starting a war that Congress authorized, before and after the war started.  Based on that reason alone, the entire proposition is absurd. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 11:10:57 AM »
The first page of the book lays out the jurisdiction:  “The preferable venue for the prosecution of GW Bush for murder and conspiracy to commit murder would be in the nation’s capital, with the prosecutor being the Atty. Gen. of the US acting through hi Department of Justice.  This book, however, establishes jurisdiction for any state attorney general (or district attorney in any county of a state) to bring murder and conspiracy charges against Bush for any soldiers from that state or county who lost their lives fighting Bush’s war, which as you can see (there’s a pic of a map) applies to every state in this nation.  Since the date of this map, March 15, 2007, hundreds of other US soldiers have died in the war.” 

“The statutory authority for prosecuting Bush for conspiracy to commit murder and for first (or second) degree murder would be 18 USC Sec.1117 (Conspiracy) and 1111 (Murder).”  Page 154

Perhaps I’m not being clear.  Murder, under the federal statute, is “The unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought."

It just so happens that the federal statute for murder, which I posted in the beginning, is the equivalent of the common law definition of murder which is the basis for every single state statute for murder.

If you can find an alternative state or federal definition of murder that bucks the wrongful mind/wrongful act requirements, then please show me that b/c that would be big news.

And while you are at it, you could find me a Dodo egg omelet.  The chances of you finding either are rather slim.

O.K.  Progress.  Thanks.  He's specifically relying on "18 USC Sec.1117," which is from your link. 

I guess I'm not being clear.  I asked twice now what specific provision of "18 USC Sec. 1117" that Bush's conduct allegedly falls under.  We're talking about first degree murder.  Here, again, is the list of conduct constituting first degree murder:

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 11:14:14 AM »
I read it and disagree with it.  I like to engage in these discussions because they are fun, but let's get real here.  There is absolutely no way the president can be prosecuted for murder by virtue of starting a war that Congress authorized, before and after the war started.  Based on that reason alone, the entire proposition is absurd. 

Yes there is a way.  Bugliosi lays it out.  Now you might not like that.  But that does not change the proposition that Bush and company can be charged for murder.  Go through the analysis and point out these absurdities.  B/c from where I'm sitting, Bugliosi makes a solid case.

Bush and company started the IRaq threat, which was a lie, and they continue to this day to push the 'imminent threat' and 'al qaeda ties' of Iraq even after publicly admitting both were false.

I swear Beach Bum, you are soft on crime.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 11:18:42 AM »
O.K.  Progress.  Thanks.  He's specifically relying on "18 USC Sec.1117," which is from your link. 

I guess I'm not being clear.  I asked twice now what specific provision of "18 USC Sec. 1117" that Bush's conduct allegedly falls under.  We're talking about first degree murder.  Here, again, is the list of conduct constituting first degree murder:

The unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.

Two ships passing in the night.

The unlawful killing is the wrongful act and malice aforethought is the wrongful mind.

A laundry list of examples of first degree murder is not an exclusive exhaustive list. 

That's why first degree murder is first defined as:  "The unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 11:35:54 AM »
Yes there is a way.  Bugliosi lays it out.  Now you might not like that.  But that does not change the proposition that Bush and company can be charged for murder.  Go through the analysis and point out these absurdities.  B/c from where I'm sitting, Bugliosi makes a solid case.

Bush and company started the IRaq threat, which was a lie, and they continue to this day to push the 'imminent threat' and 'al qaeda ties' of Iraq even after publicly admitting both were false.

I swear Beach Bum, you are soft on crime.

Oh brother.  Bush and company started the Iraq threat?  Are you serious?  So are you saying Democrats in Clinton Administration were not calling Iraq a threat before Bush took office? 

Me soft on crime?  I do prefer drowning in quicksand for terrorists who murder American citizens.  Is that what you're talking about? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 11:42:34 AM »
Oh brother.  Bush and company started the Iraq threat?  Are you serious?  So are you saying Democrats in Clinton Administration were not calling Iraq a threat before Bush took office? 

Me soft on crime?  I do prefer drowning in quicksand for terrorists who murder American citizens.  Is that what you're talking about? 
Not any threat... an IMMINENT THREAT.

There's a huge difference btn the two.  If the threat were in fact imminent, then Bush skates.

Instead, he should be charged with murder for his administration's lies about the imminency of Iraq's great threat to the US.  Lies that ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.

This bastard must be held accountable for that.

Have a great weekend BEach Bum.  We'll pick this up again imminently.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 11:42:35 AM »
The unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.

Two ships passing in the night.

The unlawful killing is the wrongful act and malice aforethought is the wrongful mind.

A laundry list of examples of first degree murder is not an exclusive exhaustive list. 

That's why first degree murder is first defined as:  "The unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought."

Decker you are misstating the statute.  It's says "murder" is the unlawful killing with "malice aforethought."  It then distinguish first degree and second degree murder.  First degree murder includes the list I just quoted from your link.

It specifically says conduct that falls within that list "is murder in the first degree," and that "Any other murder is murder in the second degree."

And where exactly does the statute say the list is "not an exclusive exhaustive list"? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 11:45:46 AM »
Decker you are misstating the statute.  It's says "murder" is the unlawful killing with "malice aforethought."  It then distinguish first degree and second degree murder.  First degree murder includes the list I just quoted from your link.

It specifically says conduct that falls within that list "is murder in the first degree," and that "Any other murder is murder in the second degree."

And where exactly does the statute say the list is "not an exclusive exhaustive list"? 
Where does it state in the statute that running down your ex-wife with your car, killing her on purpose, is first degree murder?

It is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 12:11:01 PM »
Not any threat... an IMMINENT THREAT.

There's a huge difference btn the two.  If the threat were in fact imminent, then Bush skates.

Instead, he should be charged with murder for his administration's lies about the imminency of Iraq's great threat to the US.  Lies that ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.

This bastard must be held accountable for that.

Have a great weekend BEach Bum.  We'll pick this up again imminently.

Ah, so now you mean "imminent threat."  They (Democrats) called him an imminent threat from 1998 through the invasion.   

Have a great weekend my friend.  I'll be spending time with a very special hammock this weekend.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »
Where does it state in the statute that running down your ex-wife with your car, killing her on purpose, is first degree murder?

It is.

If it was premeditated, then right here: 

"Every murder perpetrated by . . . any other kind of willful, deliberate, malicious, and premeditated killing;"

and here:

"or perpetrated from a premeditated design unlawfully and maliciously to effect the death of any human being other than him who is killed;" 

If it wasn't premeditated, then right here:

"Any other murder is murder in the second degree."

As I said, you're misreading the statute.  It clearly distinguishes first and second degree murder and lists conduct that constitutes first degree murder.   

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
I've found the saddest thread on the internet. :'(

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »

Analysis:  The act is a foregone conclusion.  The invasion ordered by Bush and the resulting deaths are matter of history.  It becomes a ‘wrongful act’ if Bush ordered the attack with malice aforethought without any lawful excuse.  The issues at hand are whether Bush had ‘malice aforethought’ when he ordered the invasion and whether he acted in Self-defense of the US.

Bush absolutely knew that soldiers would die in his war.  Unless Bush intended to have a war without any casualties, which is nonsensical on its face, he did in fact, specifically intend to have American soldiers killed.

We have the wrongful act and the wrongful state of mind for a valid murder charge to proceed.

Bush’s Defense:  The invasion he ordered was an act of lawful self defense from an imminent Iraqi attack of the US.  If Bush either lied when he said Hussein’s alleged WMDs made him an imminent threat to the security of this country or lied when he led Americans to believe that Hussein was involved with 9/11 then his act of ordering the invasion would not be the conduct of a person acting in self defense.

LIE #1.   Was Hussein an imminent threat to the USA?  No.  Bush lied to Congress and the American people when he made that claim so that he could get their support for the invasion of Iraq.

Evidence: 

1.   Iraq was wasted by the Desert Storm, US sanctions, & Weapons Inspections.  10-15-2001 Colin Powell said, “Iraq is Iraq, a wasted society for 10 years.  They’re sad.  They’re contained…”  Proof of Iraq’s decrepit state was shown in the fact that Iraq fell to Coalition Forces in three weeks. 

2.  It was Bush that first posited the idea that Iraq was an imminent threat: Iraq could “act on any given day”; that “before the day of horror can come, before it is too late to act, this danger must be removed”; “Some ask how urgent this danger is to America.  The danger is already significant and it only grows worse with time.”;  Iraq constituted “a threat of unique urgency”;  “Iraq could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as forty-five minutes.”  Bush said no less than six times at a press conference on March 6, 2003 that “Saddam is a threat to our Nation” and “Saddam and his weapons are a direct threat to this country.”;  “The security of the world requires disarming Saddam Hussein now.”

Talk about hyperbole. 

3.   Bush stopped pursuing Osama Bin Laden to concentrate on Hussein.  The president abandoned the pursuit of OBL—the one man most responsible for the 3000 deaths on 9/11, the one he promised to bring back “dead or alive”.  That is circumstantial evidence that his passion for invading Iraq was so strong that he would be much more likely to lie to the American people about Hussein being an imminent threat to the US.

4.   October 7, 2002 Bush addressed the nation and said that Hussein was “a great danger to our nation”, either by using “unmanned aerial vehicles” with “chemical or biological” payloads “for missions targeting the US” or by providing these weapons to a “terrorist groups or individual terrorists to attack us.”

The day after the speech, George Tenet declassified a letter, signed by John McLaughlin, (deputy director of the CIA) which stated that Iraq was not an imminent threat to the security of the country and would not be unless the US attacked Iraq.  That letter predated Bush’s speech by a matter of hours.  Since the CIA is an agency of the Executive Branch and the director reports only to the president, it is unthinkable that Bush did not know the contents of the letter stating Iraq was no imminent threat to the US. 

Also, the letter simply corroborated the same finding in the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate issued by the CIA to Bush on 10-1-2002.  The CIA did not consider Hussein an imminent threat.

Bush said, “I’ll be making up my mind (to invade Iraq) based on the latest intelligence.”

When Bush told the nation on 10-7 that Hussein was an imminent threat to the security of the country, he was telling millions of Americans the exact opposite of what his own CIA was telling him.  Bush had his minions repeat lies like these in Congressional Briefings.

On 10-4-2002, Bush issued a White Paper RESTATING the information in the 10-01-2002 NIE changing the language to make mere opinions into rock solid facts and to add words showing the US homeland was a target.  That’s big-time deception.

Space limitations restrict me from showing all the evidence.  But this should be enough to show Bush lied about Iraq’s imminent threat to us.

LIE 2.   Was Iraq in league with Al Qaeda?  No.  Prior to the invasion, Bush and his people  claimed through innuendo and implication that Hussein/Iraq was allies with Al Qaeda.

Evidence: 

9-20-2001:  Bush tells Congress and America “Americans are asking: ‘Who attacked our country?’  The evidence we have gathered all points to a collection of loosely affiliated terrorist organizations known as Al Qaeda.”  Not one word about Hussein and Iraq. 

By 2003 about 70% of Americans believed that Iraq/Hussein was behind the attacks of 9/11.  A concerted effort to tie Hussein to 9/11 was enacted by the Bush administration.  In August of 2006, Bush finally admitted that there was “no evidence” of Hussein being involved with planning/executing the 9/11 attacks.  In September of 2006, an amazing 43% of the US people still believed Hussein/Iraq attacked us.  A poll of US soldiers in June of 2006 showed that 90% believed Hussein/Iraq was behind 9/11.

Deborah Tannen, professor of linguistics at Georgetown University, studied Bush’s speeches and concluded: “Clearly, he’s using language to imply a connection between Saddam Hussein and September 11.  There is specific manipulation of  language here to imply a connection,” and that in Iraq “we have gone to war with the terrorists who attacked us.”

Bush’s own words condemn him:  “I was very careful never to say that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack on America.” (March 20, 2006).  Bush’s admission that there was no evidence connecting Hussein with 9/11 proves beyond all doubt that every time he suggested thereafter that Hussein was involved, he was deliberately lying to the American people to gain their support for …the war.

More instances:  The “Mission Accomplished” speech:  “With those attacks, the terrorists and their supporters declared war on the US.  And war is what they got.”

2004 State of the Union:  “After the chaos and carnage of September 11…the terrorists declared war on the US and war is what they got”

July 4, 2004:  The wars we are fighting [Iraq & Afghanistan] came to our shores on September 11…”

02-24-2006:  “We’re taking the fight to those that attacked us.”

There’s only one way to interpret those words.  Mr. Bush lied about the Hussein/9/11 connection.

Conclusion:  It is shown beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Bush ordered the attack of Iraq causing the deaths of over 4000 Americans and 100,000 Iraqis.  He did so without any legal justification.  He should be found guilty of murder.

Next, Installment Four:  Mr. Bush on the Stand.

The whole eight years have been a travesty.  It is sad to think that anyone with money and connections can become a world leader.  This is not a Republican, or Democrat issue.  If you ask anyone these days:  "Are you better off now, than eight years ago? What would you say"?   As far as a trial for President Bush, I think the trial period is over, and he has "failed"!!!   If he at least listened to some of his cabinet appointees, maybe he presidency would not be remembered as one of the worst presidencies in US history!    :-X

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 06:59:29 AM »
Ah, so now you mean "imminent threat."  They (Democrats) called him an imminent threat from 1998 through the invasion.   

Have a great weekend my friend.  I'll be spending time with a very special hammock this weekend.   :)

I've always meant "imminent threat" b/c every country is a threat to the US.  We only act if the threat is imminent. 

Here's the biggest difference btn Bush and the democrats on imminency:  The Democrats were not lying with the statements they made about Iraq.  George Bush (& company) was lying (knowingly) through his teeth about the imminency of the Iraq threat:

Iraq could “act on any given day”; that “before the day of horror can come, before it is too late to act, this danger must be removed”; “Some ask how urgent this danger is to America.  The danger is already significant and it only grows worse with time.”;  Iraq constituted “a threat of unique urgency”;  “Iraq could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as forty-five minutes.”  Bush said no less than six times at a press conference on March 6, 2003 that “Saddam is a threat to our Nation” and “Saddam and his weapons are a direct threat to this country.”;  “The security of the world requires disarming Saddam Hussein now.”

...America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.
________________________ ____________________
Bush and his people started the fallacy that Iraq was an imminent/immediate threat to the US capable of striking at any hour.

I have pages and pages of quotes to that effect from Bush and his people.

They were lying then and they are still lying today.  Interspersed in those lies are isolated statements of the truth from Bush (after the fact) re the truth of Hussein starting 9/11, WMDs, and Hussein's link to Al Qaeda.

(I hope you had a better weekend than I did.  Here in WI we got almost 10" of rain)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 07:09:41 AM »
If it was premeditated, then right here: 

"Every murder perpetrated by . . . any other kind of willful, deliberate, malicious, and premeditated killing;"

and here:

"or perpetrated from a premeditated design unlawfully and maliciously to effect the death of any human being other than him who is killed;" 

If it wasn't premeditated, then right here:

"Any other murder is murder in the second degree."

As I said, you're misreading the statute.  It clearly distinguishes first and second degree murder and lists conduct that constitutes first degree murder.   

Bugliosi is not misreading the statute.  If 'premeditation' is bothering you then here's your answer:

"In most states, in order to have first (as opposed to second) degree murder there has to be not only a specific intent to kill (express malice) but this intent to kill has to be premeditated.  The courts have consistently held that although a spontaneous intent to kill does not constitute premeditation, premeditation does not have to be long at all.  There are cases where a period of time as short as several seconds sufficed.

In a prosecution of George Bush, we're dealing with a premeditation to go to war that took place over months, so there is no question that there was premeditation in this case."  P 95

It's not even an issue that can be contested but I am glad we got it out of the way.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 12:09:08 PM »
I've always meant "imminent threat" b/c every country is a threat to the US.  We only act if the threat is imminent. 

Here's the biggest difference btn Bush and the democrats on imminency:  The Democrats were not lying with the statements they made about Iraq.  George Bush (& company) was lying (knowingly) through his teeth about the imminency of the Iraq threat:

Iraq could “act on any given day”; that “before the day of horror can come, before it is too late to act, this danger must be removed”; “Some ask how urgent this danger is to America.  The danger is already significant and it only grows worse with time.”;  Iraq constituted “a threat of unique urgency”;  “Iraq could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as forty-five minutes.”  Bush said no less than six times at a press conference on March 6, 2003 that “Saddam is a threat to our Nation” and “Saddam and his weapons are a direct threat to this country.”;  “The security of the world requires disarming Saddam Hussein now.”

...America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.
________________________ ____________________
Bush and his people started the fallacy that Iraq was an imminent/immediate threat to the US capable of striking at any hour.

I have pages and pages of quotes to that effect from Bush and his people.

They were lying then and they are still lying today.  Interspersed in those lies are isolated statements of the truth from Bush (after the fact) re the truth of Hussein starting 9/11, WMDs, and Hussein's link to Al Qaeda.

(I hope you had a better weekend than I did.  Here in WI we got almost 10" of rain)

Had an awesome weekend.  All sunshine.  Lots of ocean.  Won my softball game despite a horrible game at the plate.  QB'd a girls team to a smashing defeat of an all boys team in touch football.  My girls are studs.   :)

On the issue at hand, I could give you many more quotes from Democrats who said the same thing, but you probably wouldn't read them.