Author Topic: The Gulf of Guinea: the future hot spot and place where America will wage war!  (Read 1048 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
The Gulf of Guinea is the part of the Atlantic Ocean southwest of Africa. The intersection of the Equator and Prime Meridian (zero degrees latitude and longitude ) is in the gulf. According to the International Hydrographic Organization, the Gulf's oceanic border is the rhumb line that runs from Cape Palmas in Liberia to Cape Lopez in Gabon (IHO Special Publication 23, Limits of Oceans and Seas, 3rd ed. (1953), #34).

The Gulf derives its name from the former names of the coasts of Africa. The south coast of West Africa, north of the Gulf of Guinea, was historically called "Upper Guinea." The west coast of Southern Africa, to the east, was historically called "Lower Guinea." The name "Guinea" is still attached to the names of three countries in Africa: Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, and Equatorial Guinea, as well as New Guinea in Melanesia.

Among the many rivers that drain into the Gulf of Guinea are the guy and the Volta. The coastline on the gulf includes the Bight of Benin and the Bight of Bonny.

The guy River in particular deposited organic sediments out to sea over millions of years which became crude oil. The Gulf of Guinea region, along with the Congo River delta and Angola further south, are expected to provide around a quarter of the United States' oil imports by 2015. This region is now regarded as one of the world's top oil and gas exploration hotspots

I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

I'm looking at potential investments in that region myself.  I could set my family up for generations to come, while at the same time helping to rebuild Mother Africa to greatness. 

The one thing that must happen, though, is to replace the European religions with African ones.  It does not matter where Judaism and Christianity originated, they're Euro now.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Ok..so as long as we secure the oil, u have no problem sending in troops. Mother Africa was fine with the Euro's in charge, 50 years of Black African rule have resulted in multiple genocides, famine and ruined economies. I don't see us fixing a problem allowed to fester by the Europeans. Besides just breathing in that hell hole will kill u..but if its for oil, i could be persuaded.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
What is Mother Africa's true religion?

Islam?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Ok..so as long as we secure the oil, u have no problem sending in troops. Mother Africa was fine with the Euro's in charge, 50 years of Black African rule have resulted in multiple genocides, famine and ruined economies. I don't see us fixing a problem allowed to fester by the Europeans. Besides just breathing in that hell hole will kill u..but if its for oil, i could be persuaded.

I am almost willing to bet money that there will be 'new found interest' in Nigeria in coming years... ;D
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I would bet...i think we some of these brush wars that u will see some of the "Contractors" such as BlackWater find a bigger role in secureing coporate interests.
L

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
What is Mother Africa's true religion?

Islam?

Well, Animism is quite prominate, which is the belief that all beings, or objects, have sort of soul, or energy. Which if you think about could be true. Have ever happened upon a place that was just serene, or just peaceful? Like in that time and space, every thing was at peace, and so are you? 

Islam was brought to the West Coast of Africa thru sub-Saharan trade routes. It replaced the Animism religions of that region. Then by the 11th century, the University of Timbuktu was founded in Mali.

No, it was the Euros that created the problem. Years of putting one ethnic group over the other, or favoritism to one ethnic group, left resentment. And lack of installing  infrastructures as well. And then you have the way British and French tried to socialize the Africans. The British, kept themselves apart (distance themselves) but the French tried to impose their culture, thinking that mixing for instance with Senegalese peoples would show how superior  the French culture is. So, if anybody spoke about Senegalese cultures they would be punished. You let all these wounds fester after leaving, there of course will be repercussions. But, it is up to Africans to realize this, break the cycle, and stop with the cronyism, electing ignorant power hungry leaders (the Pres of Zimbabwe is a prime example of the saying, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely")   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I blame the Euro's for leaving such a mess. They built South Africa.....They Built Rodesia..these places are shitholes now. At the same time that Africa is drenched in blood, these bastards look down their noses at us.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I blame the Euro's for leaving such a mess. They built South Africa.....They Built Rodesia..these places are shitholes now. At the same time that Africa is drenched in blood, these bastards look down their noses at us.

Africa was a mess before; the Africans wanted independence or to quote a white Zimbabwean friend of mine...

Usual African bullcrap. If you don't like something, pick up a machete and start hacking people's limbs off. The SA government is responsible for this in failing to understand the most basic responsibilities of government (security and territorial integrity). Hey, it's Africa, what's new? They have allowed millions of Africans from as far away as Sudan to just pull in and sit their arse down in SA. These people may come from fucked up countries, but they must grow up and fix their fucked up countries. SA can't be the home for all the populations of all the fucked up countries in Africa. But remember, these savages hacking people's limbs off could also have voted against the ANC for allowing all these migrants in and dealt with the problem in a civilized way through mandated executive authority. They could have made it an issue that they wanted a government which deported every single one of them. But no, in a typical act of African-style patronage, they vote for the ruling power as an act of submission to authority, and then establish their own authority by running around burning people to death and hacking their limbs off. Ahh.. the dark continent. This will get worse - not better. Africa, and not just SA, has itself to blame. Independence they said. This is what they wanted. They wanted to govern/misgovern themselves. Well, now they do. Live with it I say, and pay the price for hubris. You're on your own like you always wanted.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I blame em for leaving...they should have stuck around. Africa was a hell of alot better off. But like ur friend mentions...they got what they paid for. Except we might be forced to clean up their messes.
L

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Africa was a mess before; the Africans wanted independence or to quote a white Zimbabwean friend of mine...

Can't have independence if f-uped people are running the show..I watched a BBC documentary of Liberia, one f-uped leader after another, and most didn't have a high school education...

It's funny though, alot of the Africans that come here to America that I have come in contact with, are smart as whip, and value education. Many are so hungry for education, that they spend all their time getting degrees...I wish these same people were the ones running the countries..