Author Topic: Edwards again rules out VP job  (Read 486 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Edwards again rules out VP job
« on: June 06, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »
This guy has fallen off the map. 

Edwards again rules out VP job
Posted: 10:29 AM ET

Edwards says he doesn't want to be Obama's No. 2/
(CNN) – It may be time to take John Edwards' name off the list of potential vice presidential candidates.

The former presidential candidate, who was the 2004 Democratic vice presidential nominee, continued to flatly maintain has no interest in the job. Traveling in Spain Friday, Edwards told two separate newspapers it’s not a role he is willing to take again. (Related: The rundown on Obama's VP possibilities)

“I already had the privilege of running for vice president in 2004, and I won't do it again," Edwards told El Mundo newspaper. He also made similar comments to El Pais.

The former North Carolina senator's comments are his first on VP speculation since Barack Obama officially clinched the Democratic nomination. Edwards, who ended his own bid in late January , endorsed the Illinois senator's White House bid in May, sending the political world abuzz that the two could team up on the same ticket. (WATCH: Edwards endorses Obama)

They appeared to have natural chemistry — something Edwards and then-Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry seemed to lack in 2004 — and the former North Carolina senator remains popular among a key demographic that has been reluctant to support Obama — working-class white voters. (WATCH: Edwards' motives for endorsement)

But Edwards immediately sought to quell rumors he was angling for the No. 2 spot, telling an interviewer shortly after his endorsement announced that it "Won't happen…. It's just not something I am interested in."

But he has been more coy about serving for Obama in other ways, specifically as his attorney general.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: Edwards again rules out VP job
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 08:57:14 AM »
There was little chance he was under consideration.  What a pathetic attempt to remain relevant.  Edwards should next release a statement, "If nominated for a Nobel Prize, I will not accept . . . "

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Edwards again rules out VP job
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 08:58:29 AM »
There was little chance he was under consideration.  What a pathetic attempt to remain relevant.  Edwards should next release a statement, "If nominated for a Nobel Prize, I will not accept . . . "

lol.   :)