Author Topic: How did Beach Bum (PhD) ever become a moderator here?  (Read 6678 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: How did Beach Bum (PhD) ever become a moderator here?
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 04:53:10 PM »
Ive got to say that this is a great board.  I have alot of respect for our members and when an event happens during the day, i always wonder if it will come up here and what your take on it will be.

Im tough on hh6 and bb and others, but the truth is it makes it interesting.  Ive learned a huge amount of info on this board and had some good laughs with you guys too.

Its true that theres no true republican here....just neocons....   a ron paul type guy would be cool.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 04:57:22 PM »
We both know BB has said that people who don't agree with his views shouldn't have 1st or 2nd amendment right.

We conservative republicans feel a void here, Ozzy.  Can you please email ron@ronpaul2008.com and see if he will be a mod here?

lol.  Sadly Ron Paul would still get the shaft here at GetBig as well.   His posts would get deleted, BB and Coach would unite for a smear campaign.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 05:00:01 PM »
differing points of view make this board work.

if we all thought alike.....it would suck BIGTIME !

NT

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 06:33:19 PM »
What's wrong with BB?
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 07:13:59 PM »
We both know BB has said that people who don't agree with his views shouldn't have 1st or 2nd amendment right.

So what?   I don't know about you, but my goats don't come free.  maybe you should stop letting him get yours soo easily.

We conservative republicans feel a void here, Ozzy.  Can you please email ron@ronpaul2008.com and see if he will be a mod here?

If "you republicans" feel a void, send your concerns to the white house.   ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 07:38:22 PM »
Ive got to say that this is a great board.  I have alot of respect for our members and when an event happens during the day, i always wonder if it will come up here and what your take on it will be.

Im tough on hh6 and bb and others, but the truth is it makes it interesting.  Ive learned a huge amount of info on this board and had some good laughs with you guys too.

Its true that theres no true republican here....just neocons....   a ron paul type guy would be cool.

Hey, what about me? I thought I made people here sick with my RP views.  :D  haha There's also MB772, as well as RonPaul fan.

Anyway, things are fine the way they are, even though I feel like putting my head through the screen with some of the comments, overall people do listen to opposing views and there are good laughs at the responses.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 07:43:18 PM »
even though I feel like putting my head through the screen with some of the comments,

cool. my efforts have not been wasted.   ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 08:00:12 PM »
cool. my efforts have not been wasted.   ;D

I would actually have to read your posts for them to have any effect, fortunatly for me I ignore most of your nonsensical comments.  :)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 08:02:16 PM »
I would actually have to read your posts for them to have any effect, fortunatly for me I ignore most of your nonsensical comments.  :)

I believe you.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 09:27:34 PM »
the creepiest thing about Beach Bigot is that he just might be for real

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 10:10:05 PM »
As a lurker in the politics board, I find BB to be doing a good job.

as a lurker also, i couldnt disagree with you more

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 10:41:40 PM »
as a lurker also, i couldnt disagree with you more

How so?

I'm interested as to why you think that.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2008, 11:38:24 PM »
Nothing wrong with BB.  The board is infested with maggot-infested FM types.  BB is what we call Affimative Action (we know those  liberals all respect "diversity of opinion"-- HAH!!).

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 12:15:51 AM »
How so?

I'm interested as to why you think that.

from what i've seen.. whether it be objective or not, factually acurate or not...his comments are usually snide.

does that answer your question?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 12:21:19 AM »
well from what i've seen.. whether it be objective or not, factually acurate or not...his comments are usually snide

does that answer your question?

God help us,  "snide" on a message board!  Is that the best you can do?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 12:51:47 AM »
Eerie how BB is strangely absent from this thread, non?  :D
I hate the State.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 12:53:54 AM »
God help us,  "snide" on a message board!  Is that the best you can do?

what? are you calling me out via internet? I answered the guy's question. Go bitch to somebody else, random.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 12:57:31 AM »
what? are you calling me out via internet? I answered the guy's question. Go bitch to somebody else, random.

And what an answer indeed, BB is "snide"!!!! Was he also quibbling, was he quite obstreperous, ill-tempered????

Someone call the police.  BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2008, 01:10:40 AM »
And what an answer indeed, BB is "snide"!!!! Was he also quibbling, was he quite obstreperous, ill-tempered????

Someone call the police.  BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

quite pompous are you? it's ok, your not inferior in this dimension, the internet that is..

::)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2008, 01:26:35 AM »
quite pompous are you? it's ok, your not inferior in this dimension, the internet that is..

::)

Ahhh . . pomposity . . . even worse than Snideness.  Now I am forever DQ'd from being a moderator!!!   What shall ever I do???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2008, 02:07:59 AM »
I'd say you look at the base of the republican party, Berserker.

In the group that calls themselves republicans, are there more "neoconservatives", or are there more "constitutional republicans", who would be to the FAR right of the neocons on religion, spending, nation-building, war, and borrowing.

Since we know the nation is basically 50/50 repub/dem... and we know that Bush is at 25% approval rating, it's a safe bet that AT LEAST 50% of repubs do not approve of neocon agenda (and that number is low - it would mean every dem in america is against Bush).

So, if we can agree that 51% of republicans are NOT neocons - then you have a problem here.  You are using a moderator who is a member of a FRINGE WING of the republican party.  If 51% of republicans are constitutionalists, then I contend that you are DISENFRANCHISING them here.  They are simply not represented. 

You have a neocon moderator (which we have proven accounts for 24% of voters at BEST), we have a moderate moderator (ozmo) and far-leftish (berserker) to split the other 50%.

What about the 26% or more, who consider themselves "constitutional republicans".  You know, the Ron Pauls, the Bob Barrs among us.  Berkserker, you remember that Ron Paul won in a LANDSLIDE in the "who would you vote for" thread we had here.  It's safe to say that a majority of your political board members are NOT being represented.  Instead, you have a FRINGE group like the neocons.

I think its time you reassessed the constituency.  BB has 1/3 of moderator powers here, and he represents less than 1/4 of your readership.  You have at LEAST 26% of your readers as constitutionalist republicans - way over 50% if you read the voting results - and they aren't represented at all. 
Jesus christ ::) 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2008, 02:12:53 AM »

I guess everyone forgot how much I like Ron Paul.  The only reason I chose to support Obama is because they railroaded Ron and Obama seemed like the next best thing.  I would still choose Ron over everyone else, but he won't even be in the race.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2008, 02:28:23 AM »
Hey, what about me? I thought I made people here sick with my RP views.  :D  haha There's also MB772, as well as RonPaul fan.

Anyway, things are fine the way they are, even though I feel like putting my head through the screen with some of the comments, overall people do listen to opposing views and there are good laughs at the responses.
Ron Paul won the getbig primary, there's plenty of RP supporters here.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2008, 05:34:59 AM »
differing points of view make this board work.

if we all thought alike.....it would suck BIGTIME !

NT

Very good point.

I don't see much of moderating from BB, which suggest that he's doing a good job.

Most importantly, just like Berserker and every other mod here, he seems to be able to separate his personal beliefs from how he's moderating.

It's not like he's locking or moving threads because of attacks on him.

This thread BTW, should probably be on the Question board, still he hasn't moved it. Just goes to show that he's pretty thick skinned.

He's a democratically sound citizen from all I can tell. ;D
As empty as paradise

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2008, 08:15:43 AM »
I guess we do have true republicans on the board.   MB and bindare and hugo and myself....among others.    The neoconns are midbimbo, BBum, hh6...etc.

Hey this is great news.  We have no libs here!!!!     Only the neocons think us true republicans are libs.