Author Topic: Diet Guru's  (Read 2272 times)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
Diet Guru's
« on: June 08, 2008, 02:16:31 PM »
Why do people turn to other's to do their diet?  Up until 10 years ago or so, nobody paid someone for a precontest diet.   Granted, it helps mentally so you don't have to think as much, but what if you get the wrong advice and piss 12-16 weeks down the drain. 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Diet Guru's
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 02:22:17 PM »
Why do people turn to other's to do their diet?  Up until 10 years ago or so, nobody paid someone for a precontest diet.   Granted, it helps mentally so you don't have to think as much, but what if you get the wrong advice and piss 12-16 weeks down the drain. 
Well? Then, ummm...what happens then is um...you get the wrong advice and piss 12-16 weeks down the drain.  :-\
?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 02:23:52 PM »
Because prep tends to make you blind.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 02:25:30 PM »
apparently they get drug advice from them too?

and maybe, just maybe they're too stupid to make their own diet plans.  :-\
follow the arrows

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 02:34:38 PM »
i agree id never pay anybody to tell me how to diet but i WOULD pay for a contest prep guru who could show me the proper way to do you last week of prop specialy the day before and the day of the show. because i have no idea how to do that kind of stuff.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 02:37:11 PM »
i agree id never pay anybody to tell me how to diet but i WOULD pay for a contest prep guru who could show me the proper way to do you last week of prop specialy the day before and the day of the show. because i have no idea how to do that kind of stuff.

I can see paying for the guy one time and then using that as the basis for future preps..making adjustments based on your needs. But I don't understand paying every time

how much do these guys charge anyway?
I

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 02:37:57 PM »
A friend of mine bought a diet from Troponin and it was amazing how he ended up looking.  He followed the diet to a T and came in big and lean.  The last week of prep was VERY detailed in regards to his H2O and carbs.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 02:41:32 PM »
I can see paying for the guy one time and then using that as the basis for future preps..making adjustments based on your needs. But I don't understand paying every time

how much do these guys charge anyway?

I contacted a few.  Precontest prep ranges anywhere from $400-1000 for a 12-16 week diet, BUT, they say that they are available to you at just about anytime of day which comes in handy the last week.  One guy even was willing to travel to the show but you'd have to cover his hotel, airfare and other expenses.  Another guy woeks with pro's and charges for the diet and 10% of contest earnings.  I heard Chad charges $3500 and i'm sure he would get a percentage of contest winings.  If that's the case, he made a nice bunch of change from Ronnie over the years.  Not sure if Chad "consults" on "supps" too.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 02:43:01 PM »

So there is, in fact, something you don't know? ???

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 02:43:58 PM »
So there is, in fact, something you don't know? ???
no i only said that too sound humble im also a last minute pre contest guru and im personally responsible for ronnie's glutes in 98 and for david henry's dconditioning at his first iron man

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 03:06:47 PM »
I contacted a few.  Precontest prep ranges anywhere from $400-1000 for a 12-16 week diet, BUT, they say that they are available to you at just about anytime of day which comes in handy the last week.  One guy even was willing to travel to the show but you'd have to cover his hotel, airfare and other expenses.  Another guy woeks with pro's and charges for the diet and 10% of contest earnings.  I heard Chad charges $3500 and i'm sure he would get a percentage of contest winings.  If that's the case, he made a nice bunch of change from Ronnie over the years.  Not sure if Chad "consults" on "supps" too.

That was 2003 when I asked how much he charges for prep. The 3,500.00 covered everything, offseason and pre contest diet and gear and i assume e-mailcontact with him to see how it goes along. A precontest only or offseason only plan was 2,000.00. And a precontest only or offseason only plan was 1,500.00 but you follow it on your own with no e-mail support from him. Now, i don't know what he charges these days it may be more?

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 03:13:09 PM »
Most of the diets are pretty much cookie cut...just depends on the guru you go with some are lo fat high protein some cycle carbs some shitload and refeed differentyl some are more on cardio and less training etc...
i have seen a lot of the top prep guys cycles and it isn't anything special i don't see why guys pay $3500 on up for this shit...
some of these guys have 50-100 clients imagine how much time they can allow for you...not much..
Palumbo's making tens of thousands of $$$ on preps and has close to 200 clients at any one time....i have seen his diet and he sends the same shit out for a 154 lb ectomorph as he does for a 230 lb endomorph....

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 03:16:49 PM »
Not sure if Chad "consults" on "supps" too.

I seem to remember a post in the VERY EARLY days of Mayhem, that someone came on asking what Chad charged and what services that money would get him. Of course, Chad never answers those questions publicly on the boards, but many people at different times step to the plate and "try" to do so for him.
One of those posters said that Chad does advise on "supps," and as the current party line goes..."If anything, Chad always advises people to cut their dosage down. Less is more, you would be surprised at how little Chad has his guys use."
I'm paraphrasing, but that's pretty close to how I remember it.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 03:18:33 PM »
Its just hard for me to justify spending that kind of money for a local show.  I can understand doing it for Nationals, but doing it for a small show, can't see that.  

One more thing.  Am I the only one that doesn't weigh his food, or take a ton of BCAA's, glutamine, creatine, NO, and other shit that's out there.  I read some of these threads and guys are counting every gram of food that goes into their mouth, taking their bf% every week, etc...If you eat a lot of food, train hard, you will get big right?  Add some test/deca/d-ball and grow?  Man, i'm getting fucking old!!!  Back in my day, we just had Mega Mass 200 and Gainer's Fuel.  LOL  

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 03:20:56 PM »
Its just hard for me to justify spending that kind of money for a local show.  I can understand doing it for Nationals, but doing it for a small show, can't see that.  

One more thing.  Am I the only one that doesn't weigh his food, or take a ton of BCAA's, glutamine, creatine, NO, and other shit that's out there.  I read some of these threads and guys are counting every gram of food that goes into their mouth, taking their bf% every week, etc...If you eat a lot of food, train hard, you will get big right?  Add some test/deca/d-ball and grow?  Man, i'm getting fucking old!!!  Back in my day, we just had Mega Mass 200 and Gainer's Fuel.  LOL  
ive eever weigh anything, and i only counted any grams of anything once...   and it was carbs.. as for protein and fats, and most of the time carbs, i eye balll it

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 03:23:41 PM »
Most of the diets are pretty much cookie cut...just depends on the guru you go with some are lo fat high protein some cycle carbs some shitload and refeed differentyl some are more on cardio and less training etc...
i have seen a lot of the top prep guys cycles and it isn't anything special i don't see why guys pay $3500 on up for this shit...
some of these guys have 50-100 clients imagine how much time they can allow for you...not much..
Palumbo's making tens of thousands of $$$ on preps and has close to 200 clients at any one time....i have seen his diet and he sends the same shit out for a 154 lb ectomorph as he does for a 230 lb endomorph....

Agreed.. That's why i recommended Milos's board as a damn good source of info. He puts so much stuff up for free that you can put together a plan for yourself. You just have to read...Now for the "supp" part. i did do the 1hr consult with him an at that time it was 350.00. I had a huge list of questions to ask and as if he already knew he answered all of them with out me asking. I honestly have all the info I need to make an honest go at it and have set my goals. There was time to spare at trhe end of the consult so we shot the shit for a bout 20min talking about the plasma expander issue he had with Chad. Damn good convo..

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 03:25:09 PM »

Am I the only one that doesn't weigh his food, or take a ton of BCAA's, glutamine, creatine, NO, and other shit that's out there.  I read some of these threads and guys are counting every gram of food that goes into their mouth, taking their bf% every week, etc...

I've been working out for just over 10 years. There was a very short time I weighed my food, but we're talking a few days before I said "fuck this!" I'm to the point where I know that no matter what I eat, what it is, or how much, I know whether it will make me gain, lose or smooth out etc....I'm not in the game to jump onstage, but I still treat my training and diet as I would approach a contest diet (or what I know one to be).

For the past 8 years, I have only taken a protein powder consistently. Occasionally, creatine or ECA in there.....but I haven't had my BF% measured in 9 years, just go by the mirror.
For me, it was just time and experience in order to learn.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 03:25:37 PM »
Its just hard for me to justify spending that kind of money for a local show.  I can understand doing it for Nationals, but doing it for a small show, can't see that. 

One more thing.  Am I the only one that doesn't weigh his food, or take a ton of BCAA's, glutamine, creatine, NO, and other shit that's out there.  I read some of these threads and guys are counting every gram of food that goes into their mouth, taking their bf% every week, etc...

Yes all that attention to micro-details gets obnoxious...

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 03:26:50 PM »
Agreed.. That's why i recommended Milos's board as a damn good source of info. He puts so much stuff up for free that you can put together a plan for yourself. You just have to read...Now for the "supp" part. i did do the 1hr consult with him an at that time it was 350.00. I had a huge list of questions to ask and as if he already knew he answered all of them with out me asking. I honestly have all the info I need to make an honest go at it and have set my goals. There was time to spare at trhe end of the consult so we shot the shit for a bout 20min talking about the plasma expander issue he had with Chad. Damn good convo..

Nice.  Good info to have.  

But, is it anything that exotic?  I mean, getting lean is a matter of diet and cardio.  Adding some V or Masteron can help cosmetically, but for the most part, it comes down to hard dieting correct?  

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »
I seem to remember a post in the VERY EARLY days of Mayhem, that someone came on asking what Chad charged and what services that money would get him. Of course, Chad never answers those questions publicly on the boards, but many people at different times step to the plate and "try" to do so for him.
One of those posters said that Chad does advise on "supps," and as the current party line goes..."If anything, Chad always advises people to cut their dosage down. Less is more, you would be surprised at how little Chad has his guys use."
I'm paraphrasing, but that's pretty close to how I remember it.

Where you around when he had the "Pro Phantom" on the board? Chad, then, was a litle more vocal about what he recommends. In one instance telling one guy he seriously neded to up his dosages they were so low. I remember TP putting up an example of how he does his 6 week on 6 week off cycles and the highest dose of test he used was about 800-1200mg. Chad and Tom also chimed in on the effectivenes of drugs after a certain point during a cycle. The info was pretty decent back in the day.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 03:29:56 PM »
Yes all that attention to micro-details gets obnoxious...

I couldn't do it.  If you have a full time job, weighing all that food and taking all those supps would be a pain in the ass.  

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 03:31:59 PM »
I couldn't do it.  If you have a full time job, weighing all that food and taking all those supps would be a pain in the ass. 

I know... It's a matter of common sense really!!!

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »
Nice.  Good info to have.  

But, is it anything that exotic?  I mean, getting lean is a matter of diet and cardio.  Adding some V or Masteron can help cosmetically, but for the most part, it comes down to hard dieting correct?  

Diet wise? no, very basic as i think it should be. Now the 12 week "supp" program he gave me was. There is an example of it on professional muscle if you can find it, the (3) 4 week combos he alluded to from a post someone asked of him.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 03:42:17 PM »
Where you around when he had the "Pro Phantom" on the board? Chad, then, was a litle more vocal about what he recommends. In one instance telling one guy he seriously neded to up his dosages they were so low. I remember TP putting up an example of how he does his 6 week on 6 week off cycles and the highest dose of test he used was about 800-1200mg. Chad and Tom also chimed in on the effectivenes of drugs after a certain point during a cycle. The info was pretty decent back in the day.

Yeah, I remember the Pro Phantom days. You remember Tumblin' Dice?

You never knew who the PP was, could have been Chad, TP, Chick or even Sebastian Zona! Who knows if it was Chad posting how low the doses were, and how high they should have been. I would not doubt it for a second however.
Do you also remember when TP said for the '03 NOC (the one he placed 3rd...if I have the year correct) his entire gear prep cost $2k? I'm thinking, and though not an outstanding source I've been told that was usually TP's cost of prep for a WEEK.

Back in the early days, Mayhem was very cool. Do you remember when Chad posted as ProDrDiet?

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 04:02:35 PM »
Yeah, I remember the Pro Phantom days. You remember Tumblin' Dice?

You never knew who the PP was, could have been Chad, TP, Chick or even Sebastian Zona! Who knows if it was Chad posting how low the doses were, and how high they should have been. I would not doubt it for a second however.
Do you also remember when TP said for the '03 NOC (the one he placed 3rd...if I have the year correct) his entire gear prep cost $2k? I'm thinking, and though not an outstanding source I've been told that was usually TP's cost of prep for a WEEK.

Back in the early days, Mayhem was very cool. Do you remember when Chad posted as ProDrDiet?

Oh yeah, It was Chad who suggested the guy up his dose he was'nt posting as Pro Phantom. Mayhem was very good back in the day, lots of quality gurus from various boards chiming in. It was TP's short cyles that contributed to me using the philosophy. And for those who wonder what i'm talking about the test dose went like this,
Week 1.) 1200mg
Week 2.) 1000mg
Week 3.) 800mg
Week 4.) 600mg
Week 5.) 400mg
Week 6.) 200mg

For precontest he did 6 weeks on 2 off and again 6 weeks on 2 off for a total of 16 weeks. The last 2 weeks of the show he took nothing..I think Chick even confimed he does or did the same thing. I do remember also when Tp prepped the canadian guy with the moderate carb diet and he looked vey good. i think he's a pro now. i forget his name.