Author Topic: Beoving vs. Muscletech in the New York Times: Discussion  (Read 15784 times)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Re: Boeving Blasts MuscleTEch in New York Times
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 10:52:48 AM »
in this business it seems you get penalized and hated for actually telling the truth, like Nasser did only for the idiot fans he did it for to turn around and attack him

Why do you always bring up Nasser?  We get it you like Nasser.  Can't you move on and speak on something intelligently without talking about this goofy looking freak.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Iovate dumps Christian Boeving for being "honest"?
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »
oh brother...this was already posted ::)

Do people care any more now than they did before? 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
Is there anyone who is now NOT going to buy MuscleTech products because he has admitted this?  I wonder.  ::)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »
Why don't you bring up Nasser more?  We love Nasser.  Can we focus more on him and speak on why he was unjustly denied the Olympia Crown?
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 12:52:49 PM »
jay cutler should stand up for him and help him get his contract back
w

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 01:18:41 PM »
Are you saying someone from Big Nation may have provided a scoop to the NY Times in an effort to boost your ratings?

Just throwing something out there for the conspiracy buffs...but thanks for paying attention!
BigNationRadio.com

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 01:34:03 PM »
Of course they dumped Christian for being honest. When asked if he used steroids, Jay Cutler was evasive at best and dishonest at worst. After all, when asked point blank if he uses steroids, anything other than a 'YES' for Mr. Cutler is playing a little loose with the truth.

Bottom Line:

BOEVING = FIRED
CUTLER = SIGNED RENEWAL

Is anyone surprised that a DISHONEST company felt that being represented by an HONEST spokesperson was against their corporate code of integrity?

BigNationRadio.com

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
n this business it seems you get penalized and hated for actually telling the truth, like Nasser did only for the idiot fans he did it for to turn around and attack him

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 01:41:59 PM »
i am shocked  :o

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 01:43:14 PM »
i must listen

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 01:49:58 PM »

Or perhaps Boeving didnt do much for them, and they are looking at new people, as I know they just signed some. Some people come, some people go.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 01:57:27 PM »
Or perhaps Boeving didnt do much for them, and they are looking at new people, as I know they just signed some. Some people come, some people go.
Ron, a little honesty is good for the soul. Seriously, you should try it sometime.

Better yet, listen to BigNationRadio tonight and learn the truth! If anyone from Muscletech wants to call in, the number is:
646-595-3895
BigNationRadio.com

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »
Ron, a little honesty is good for the soul. Seriously, you should try it sometime.

::)  coming from an ambulance chaser who defends grunters to get himself on tv...very noble of you to be honest with your 4 listeners  ::)
Enjoy your dish...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »

So they fired him? Or was Christian's contract was up, and they didn't renew.   You know, there is a big difference. They didn't renew Kamali's contact up to, so whoa... 

On any given year, Iovate gets new people, and does not renew others. 

Get with it, and stop having Christian blame everyone for them not renewing the contract.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »
Why wouldn't he be fired for that?

The company wants people to believe it's their bullshit supplements making him big.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »
they want liars to sell the products...not everybody believes mattCock's evaluations as truth

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 02:35:03 PM »
Of course they dumped Christian for being honest. When asked if he used steroids, Jay Cutler was evasive at best and dishonest at worst. After all, when asked point blank if he uses steroids, anything other than a 'YES' for Mr. Cutler is playing a little loose with the truth.

Bottom Line:

BOEVING = FIRED
CUTLER = SIGNED RENEWAL

Is anyone surprised that a DISHONEST company felt that being represented by an HONEST spokesperson was against their corporate code of integrity?

I was going to make a comparison between the above and when Dior dropped that nutbar Sharon Stone for her comments on Tibet/China, but I lost my train of thought.  :-\   

/but i agree with Ed

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 02:51:11 PM »
here he is

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »

I think someone else nailed it best on the other thread on this topic.  Christian had that "natural" appeal, which would attract the common Joe more than a picture of Ronnie or Jay. 

How many of us have had friends look at our BB magazines and point to a physique like Christian's and say, "oh, I wouldn't mind looking like that" or, "see I wanna look like that...NOT TOO MUCH"  ::)

In fact, most gym goers that aren't into the whole bodybuilding lifestyle wouldn't know any better that Christian's NOT natural, and would otherwise consider his physique attainable.  I think physiques/faces like his do more for their sales than bloated 300lb pregnant ogar  :o 

Most businesses in HARDCORE BODYBUILDING learn quickly that if they want to make money, they open their doors and start looking to APPEAL to the masses, rather than the small HARDCORE FANS.

I remember trying to order a few NPC workout pants and I asked the guy why they changed the logo from the front double bicep picture to just the label "NPC", of course he said to attract a larger crowd.  Selling to ONLY the MUSCLEHEADS wasn't paying the bills.

props to Boeving for having a shred of integrity  in this "business"
just not good enough

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 03:11:53 PM »
Ron you are not fooling anyone with your comments-------its obvious you would have negative financial ramifications from speaking about Muscletech "honestly"

Sellout, "corporate fluff" comments like this just dilute the strength of your words and opinions concerning BBing and supplement companies.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 04:29:12 PM »
Drugs, hookers & gambling... never tell the truth. Never.
a

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2008, 04:41:27 PM »

So they fired him? Or was Christian's contract was up, and they didn't renew.   You know, there is a big difference. They didn't renew Kamali's contact up to, so whoa... 

On any given year, Iovate gets new people, and does not renew others. 

Get with it, and stop having Christian blame everyone for them not renewing the contract.

Hahahahahahaha! Ron Himself. OWNED!  Christian Boeving just said it on Big Nation Radio that "Ron Avidan is lying!"  He was fired!
?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 04:49:03 PM »
It's possible that this is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Watch this video:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2006arnold_vid.htm
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »

Oh... so there was a signed contract? If there was, then I am wrong. I will admit it. I didn't realize there was a contract. That Iovate signed and sent back to him?

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »
Hahahahahahaha! Ron Himself. OWNED!  Christian Boeving just said it on Big Nation Radio that "Ron Avidan is lying!"  He was fired!

Does Christian read getbig???

If so, why doesn't he post?
just not good enough