Author Topic: Following the actual rules of our sport,and fan support.  (Read 2285 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Following the actual rules of our sport,and fan support.
« on: June 09, 2008, 09:50:59 AM »
As we all know , the recent Jacobs death/murder /suicide and was strongly linked with ILLEGAL steroid dealing. While this sad situation had no direct link with pro bodybuilding , it does go to the heart of the 800 lb goriila of an issue in the bodybuiilding living room; DRUGS.

With all the talk of rats, informants and drug dealers, it makes me shake my head and ask one simple question. Why should bodybuilding continue to deal with  illegal drug dealers and extreme use of steroids in the first place?
1. The IFBB should (at this point) enforce the actual written rules on banned substances.
2. The bodybuilders should start being 100% ethical , follow the rules and avoid useing banned substances.
3. The fans should support and welcome this change if they really love the sport and want illegal activity ended.
4. With no consistant rules on drug use and standards we end up with chaos.

The naysayers all say this is Pollyanna, and the fans won't go for it. We could argue THAT all day and go in a circle , etc. I do know that if our sport keeps sticking its' head in the proverbial sand, we are doomed to see more drug related health issues, DEA busts and GOD knows what else.

I have not been on the boards to much lately and enjoying life. I will always go to the gym and workout.
I love bodybuilding as a healthy lifestyle, but think the hardcore , illegal drug activity needed for freaky,absurd  physiques is nuts. I haven't made any plans to go to any more pro BB events and may just phase that kind of thing out .Sorry, just my 2 cents, flame away....whatever ::)
Howard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
Re: Following the actual rules of our sport,and fan support.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:54:25 AM »
Who the hell wants to see natural bodybuilding?  The whole term natural bodybuilding is an "oxymoron"

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 09:55:58 AM »

Thanks for the thoughtful reply LOL...and some may wonder why I don't come on here much any longer.
GET BIG is still good to keep up with some of the latest breaking news  and a few laughs, I always enjoyed that.
BUT , being too involved is toxic for me. The moderate path is spend a few minutes on here maybe post, , read some threads and news and get off.
Thanks

Well Nicky, until drug use is made legal, I would rather see guys on stage that are NOT required to break the law and have to get involved with drug dealers. I may go ahead and go watch to the Team U this fall in NYC.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:01:19 AM »
Who the hell wants to see natural bodybuilding?  The whole term natural bodybuilding is an "oxymoron"
I think that natural bodybuilding means you try to follow the rules on banned subtsances and simply keep things within reasonable parameters.I am a lot happier when I don't get too involved with the pro bodybuilding scene and just do my own thing and enjoy area amatuer shows anyway.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 10:30:35 AM »
As we all know , the recent Jacobs death/murder /suicide and was strongly linked with ILLEGAL steroid dealing. While this sad situation had no direct link with pro bodybuilding , it does go to the heart of the 800 lb goriila of an issue in the bodybuiilding living room; DRUGS.

With all the talk of rats, informants and drug dealers, it makes me shake my head and ask one simple question. Why should bodybuilding continue to deal with  illegal drug dealers and extreme use of steroids in the first place?
1. The IFBB should (at this point) enforce the actual written rules on banned substances.
2. The bodybuilders should start being 100% ethical , follow the rules and avoid useing banned substances.
3. The fans should support and welcome this change if they really love the sport and want illegal activity ended.

The naysayers all say this is Pollyanna, and the fans won't go for it. We could argue THAT all day and go in a circle , etc. I do know that if our sport keeps sticking its' head in the proverbial sand, we are doomed to see more drug related health issues, DEA busts and GOD knows what else.

I have not been on the boards to much lately and enjoying life. I will always go to the gym and workout.
I love bodybuilding as a healthy lifestyle, but think the hardcore , illegal drug activity needed for freaky,absurd  physiques is nuts. I haven't made any plans to go to any more pro BB events and may just phase that kind of thing out .Sorry, just my 2 cents, flame away....whatever ::)
Howard

The drug sport is on the way out, one way or another.  Everytime a bber dies someone blames something other than drugs, but more and more are going to be hospitilized and die and more and more will finally admit the truth.  Steroids aren't liking doing these guys in, but bbing is way more than steroids now, as we all now.  I think the NPC and IFBB should do something along the lines you mentioned but I'm almost convinced that it won't be necessary; I think that people are going to do just as you did and as I have done and as many others have done, and that is stop paying to see people who destroy their own lives or the sake of entertainment or filling some kind of void in their lives.  The truth has a way of making itself known and it's already showing-just log onto getbig any day of the week and do a quick count of the threads in support of the drug sport vs those not. 

People keep bringing up the fact that nattie bbing isn't that entertaining but they're not taking into account how much farther it's going to go when more and more athletes go into it vs the drug sport.  It will evolve just like everything else, and the competitors, given a few years, will be much better than they are now.  And if that's not the case, then competitive bbing may just die off-that's not such a terrible thing...it could be good to see how many people would keep it up and do it just for themselves. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »
  The drug sport is on the way out, one way or another.  Everytime a bber dies someone blames something other than drugs, but more and more are going to be hospitilized and die and more and more will finally admit the truth.  Steroids aren't liking doing these guys in, but bbing is way more than steroids now, as we all now.  I think the NPC and IFBB should do something along the lines you mentioned but I'm almost convinced that it won't be necessary; I think that people are going to do just as you did and as I have done and as many others have done, and that is stop paying to see people who destroy their own lives or the sake of entertainment or filling some kind of void in their lives.  The truth has a way of making itself known and it's already showing-just log onto getbig any day of the week and do a quick count of the threads in support of the drug sport vs those not. 

People keep bringing up the fact that nattie bbing isn't that entertaining but they're not taking into account how much farther it's going to go when more and more athletes go into it vs the drug sport.  It will evolve just like everything else, and the competitors, given a few years, will be much better than they are now.  And if that's not the case, then competitive bbing may just die off-that's not such a terrible thing...it could be good to see how many people would keep it up and do it just for themselves. 
Great posts , but I don't want to see bodybuilders having to "die off" before the sports changes.
I think that a more healthy, classic line phyisque is more marketable, look at the success Mike O'hearn has had on American Gladiators .

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »
you have no idea how bad true lifetime naturals look. no one would pay to see that shit.

i mean genuine naturals, not the guys who lie - which is almost everyone

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
Thanks for the thoughtful reply LOL...and some may wonder why I don't come on here much any longer.
GET BIG is still good to keep up with some of the latest breaking news  and a few laughs, I always enjoyed that.
BUT , being too involved is toxic for me. The moderate path is spend a few minutes on here maybe post, , read some threads and news and get off.
Thanks

Well Nicky, until drug use is made legal, I would rather see guys on stage that are NOT required to break the law and have to get involved with drug dealers. I may go ahead and go watch to the Team U this fall in NYC.
bullshit----you do this every other month or so------get called out for the lame redundant threads you start, you meltdown, call everyone kids and accuse everyone of being beneath your intelligence, say you are leaving getbig and then come back the next month and repeat the cycle :-\

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 11:16:42 AM »
STFU and train, Howie.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 11:17:02 AM »

many of them have prescriptions for testosterone just as you do

many would accuse you of being a drug addicted BBer, using testosterone to enhance your muscles and unnaturally boost your hormone levels

are they anymore criminals than you, if they have prescriptions as you do??

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 11:19:34 AM »
STFU and train, Howie.
Will do, best reply and suggestion yet.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 11:22:01 AM »
many of them have prescriptions for testosterone just as you do

many would accuse you of being a drug addicted BBer, using testosterone to enhance your muscles and unnaturally boost your hormone levels

are they anymore criminals than you, if they have prescriptions as you do??
You miss my point. I don't care if bodybuilders use any form of legit drugs so long as they are following the law.
The extreme use we all know that now goes on and the worship of the extreme freaky mass is my issue.
The issue is the law and overall health and welfare of our sport.
Thanks, Howard

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 11:25:30 AM »

Howie...

1. why do you insist on the utter end of Pro Bodybuilding as we know it??

2.  Does it have anything to do with global warming?
just not good enough

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »
howie, i think you overthink things.

drugs have been a part of pro bbing since its beginning.

you can't change it.  spending hours analyzing it won't accomplish much.

You're nearly 50, aren't you?  And unmarried?

Dude, you should be chasing as much tail as you can before you 1) stupidly re-marry or 2) start to look like an old man.

Go get em tiger.  You have plenty of time to analyze drug use in a drug sport when you're crapping yourselg in the rocking chair at Shady Acres in your "golden years".  have your fun now!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 11:30:38 AM »

I hear there's a hot spot for picking up singles at a McDonalds in Florida...

you should check into that, howie  ;)
just not good enough

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 11:33:29 AM »
 :-\
!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »
you have no idea how bad true lifetime naturals look. no one would pay to see that shit.

i mean genuine naturals, not the guys who lie - which is almost everyone

words from a juicer. beliving everyone is "on" because he and the people in his surrounding are.

typical arrogant juice monkey.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 12:40:40 PM »
Great posts , but I don't want to see bodybuilders having to "die off" before the sports changes.
I think that a more healthy, classic line phyisque is more marketable, look at the success Mike O'hearn has had on American Gladiators .

True,  but it usually takes both a negative thing to be associated with the old and a positive thing to be associated with the new to promote change.  Old bbing is going to go away because of a lot of negative things being associated with it-it's already happening in a big way. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »
howie, i think you overthink things.

drugs have been a part of pro bbing since its beginning.

you can't change it.  spending hours analyzing it won't accomplish much.

You're nearly 50, aren't you?  And unmarried?

Dude, you should be chasing as much tail as you can before you 1) stupidly re-marry or 2) start to look like an old man.

Go get em tiger.  You have plenty of time to analyze drug use in a drug sport when you're crapping yourselg in the rocking chair at Shady Acres in your "golden years".  have your fun now!

3)  Join meeee!  And I will complete your training!  If you only knew the POWER of the dark side!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 12:55:28 PM »

3)  Join meeee!  And I will complete your training!  If you only knew the POWER of the dark side!

Maybe a big fat cock rammed down his throat is the only thing that can stop Howie from making the same thread over and over and over again ::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 12:56:22 PM »

You are talking like a retard AGAIN! You don't even believe half the things you say. Put you money where your mouth is and only support the natural/clean organizations if you really believe this shit. You wont of course.

What should happen is more pro-drug talk, more pro-drug lobbying... a push for a more liberal PED stance in society in general. Stop the fantasies about clean sports. Drugs aren't going anywhere and eventually they will be accepted... it's inevitable. But how long will it take?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »
You are talking like a retard AGAIN! You don't even believe half the things you say. Put you money where your mouth is and only support the natural/clean organizations if you really believe this shit. You wont of course.

What should happen is more pro-drug talk, more pro-drug lobbying... a push for a more liberal PED stance in society in general. Stop the fantasies about clean sports. Drugs aren't going anywhere and eventually they will be accepted... it's inevitable. But how long will it take?
Ok, I just got back in and decided to see how my thread was doing. As expected, I was advised on everything from cock to pussy and what I should do with each  :o.
Van, I have to confess the retard crack actually made my laugh, good one.
240 (and some others), I am dating my ex wife and since school has been out have been spending all our time together, so we are pretty happy.
I am headed to NH with her in a couple days to visit my MOM. A couple days after that, we will be going down to St Thomas for some fun in the sun .

Call me crazy, but I still think the bodybuilders should follow the actual rules of our sport and the organization should  try to enforce them.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 01:05:54 AM »
You miss my point. I don't care if bodybuilders use any form of legit drugs so long as they are following the law.
The extreme use we all know that now goes on and the worship of the extreme freaky mass is my issue.
The issue is the law and overall health and welfare of our sport.
Thanks, Howard

For the love of god, Howard. Fuck, I agree with you, on most counts....but even I get tired of this shit.

I hate to break this to you, How-man, but this "thing" is not a sport. It's an excuse for insecure people to abuse drugs, in hopes of gaining attention they didn't get at some point in their lives. Hell, it's a way for gay men to lure insecure "straight" men ( ::)) into wearing tiny trunks, for their pleasure.

Sorry buddy, but reality is a bitch. This "thing" called comp. bbing, is only getting worse. There's no such thing as cleaning up, and there never will be. Hell, everytime you bring up the drugs, whats the first thing these people say? "who wants to see natural guys on stage?"

First off, the better question is, what straight man wants to pose semi-nude for a crowd of men? Second, if you must "admire" men in tiny trunks, should it really matter if they are using or not? Shit, I'm anti -drug, but even I can appreciate someone's hard work, as I can relate (without the drugs of course).

You come off as a conflicted man, Howard. Pick your side. You either want to support this joke of an industry or not. You can't have it both ways....you hate it, or love it. One minute you're bitching about the drug abuse and how awful this or that is, and five minutes later you're asking the board if you should travel to see these drug abusing freaks (the very ones you seem to lash out against).

240 is right. You're single, use your dick while you still can. And for the love of god, don't marry again!
HAHA, RON.....

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 01:34:14 AM »

Funny as hell  ;D