Author Topic: Dave Jacobs 2nd NFL player named & suspended....  (Read 2028 times)

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
Dave Jacobs 2nd NFL player named & suspended....
« on: June 09, 2008, 01:21:51 PM »
This guy NEVER failed a test, the NFL just has "credible info" supplied by Jacobs, here is the ESPN story.

Tennessee Titans middle linebacker Ryan Fowler has been notified by the NFL that he faces suspension for being in violation of the league's policy for performance-enhancing drugs, his attorney confirmed Monday.

Ryan Fowler

Fowler

In a letter sent to Fowler on Friday, the NFL told the Titans player that it had "credible information" Fowler "purchased, used or supplied" performance-enhancing drugs, sources told ESPN.

Consequently, Fowler was told the league believes it would be appropriate to impose suspension without pay, pending a hearing that it was trying to arrange in the near future. The sources also said the information stemmed from NFL security's meeting with convicted steroids dealer David Jacobs last month. Jacobs was found dead in his Dallas-area home on Thursday, a victim of suicide, according the medical examiner.

Peter Ginsberg, an attorney for the New York law firm of Crowell and Mooring, issued an emphatic defense on behalf of Fowler, his client.

"Ryan has never tested positive for any banned substance," said Ginsberg. "There apparently are unsubstantiated accusations that have been made by an admitted felon without any corroboration and the commissioner apparently has seen fit to use those accusations to threaten my client's career.

"It's a violation of Ryan's due process rights and seemingly a violation of the NFL's policy itself to use these kind of unsubstantiated accusations itself," Ginsberg said. "We've asked the NFL to provide to us any corroboration or support for these allegations and, to date, the NFL has provided absolutely no evidence to support any threatened discipline."

Fowler played his first three seasons with the Dallas Cowboys from 2004-'06 before signing with the Titans as a restricted free agent for the 2007 season. A Titans spokesman said the club cannot comment. An NFL spokesman also said the league had no comment.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Dave Jacobs 2nd NFL player named & suspended....
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 01:25:56 PM »
What a bunch of bullshit.  With a decent laywer, that should be no problem to fight and overturn.  Especially since the witness is dead.  Technially the NFL has nothing, not even a positive drug test.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »

Juiced!
BigNationRadio.com

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 01:28:05 PM »
What a bunch of bullshit.  With a decent laywer, that should be no problem to fight and overturn.  Especially since the witness is dead.  Technially the NFL has nothing, not even a positive drug test.

I agree, however maybe the NFL has text messages, emails or canceled checks......Jacobs said he turned these items over to NFL security.

Now that he is dead, I am sure the NFL will be "outing" these 6-10 guys in the coming weeks/days.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »
You have no clue what the NFL has. You think the NFL hasn't had their lawyers review this? How about Paypal transactions, emails, phone calls, and Fedex signatures? This ain't criminal court and the NFL doesn't need proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
BigNationRadio.com

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »
You have no clue what the NFL has. You think the NFL hasn't had their lawyers review this? How about Paypal transactions, emails, phone calls, and Fedex signatures? This ain't criminal court and the NFL doesn't need proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

No, obviously I don't know what the NFL has besides the statement.  I do find it funny though they haven't turned any evidence over to his lawyer yet.  If they have cancelled checks or very incriminating emails or text ect, then that is his own damn fault for being stupid.

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 02:59:55 PM »

It is sickening isn't it!
Did all these sources go to the same
rat school?

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 03:15:39 PM »
When is your day in court Stevieeray? I commend you for keeping quiet...sounds stand up to me

enjoy the summer while you can!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 03:21:48 PM »

That's a very good point Ed and that would have been my former way of thinking until you yourself answered Lift with this gem:

Supplement companies provide ad dollars to keep magazines in business. You really think the largest supplement company in the business doesn't have a team of lawyers that triple checks everything they put out?

That's a fairly ignorant statement. No one has more money than pharmaceutical companies and they get sued and crushed in court on a regular basis.

A team of lawyers doesn't do you any good when the facts aren't on your side.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »
The NFL is gay.

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 03:29:13 PM »
The NFL is gay.

Whatever dude...it's the most popular sport in the world.

Keep watching oiled up men hike their man panties up their ass. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »

Not even close, statistically speaking soccer is by leaps and bounds. Some rabid fan will deny this, but it is a fact.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »

Keep watching oiled up men hike their man panties up their ass. 

Would you agree someone who denies facts are idiots?

Is your first assertion a fact?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »
I would say football is too expensive to be popular around the world.  That is part of the reason why hockey is not very popular I think.  Soccer is cheap and accessible which is why I think it is so popular worldwide.  Italy played today.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 03:39:35 PM »
Not even close, statistically speaking soccer is by leaps and bounds. Some rabid fan will deny this, but it is a fact.

I have heard the same BS, I am the rabid fan.....I hear all the NASCAR and Soccer arguments.

I just don't buy it.......none of these sports are marketed or rooted for by fans the way the NFL is, year after year.

Look at the Super Bowl, it's watched in countries all over the world by millions & millions of people.........no one in the USA watches Soccer. talk about gay......Soccer takes the cake.   

Why do you think the NFL was in London this year......the DEMAND is there.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 03:41:50 PM »
we really dont care what foreigners think

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 03:46:57 PM »
I have heard the same BS, I am the rabid fan.....I hear all the NASCAR and Soccer arguments.

I just don't buy it.......none of these sports are marketed or rooted for by fans the way the NFL is, year after year.

Look at the Super Bowl, it's watched in countries all over the world by millions & millions of people.........no one in the USA watches Soccer. talk about gay......Soccer takes the cake.   

Why do you think the NFL was in London this year......the DEMAND is there.

Wow, lack of intelligence, personified.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 03:48:03 PM »
I would say football is too expensive to be popular around the world.  That is part of the reason why hockey is not very popular I think.  Soccer is cheap and accessible which is why I think it is so popular worldwide.  Italy played today.  ;D
exactly,,, soccer is only the most popular becase people in third world countries can play it with four dead bodies and a crumpled up cardboard box.
BigNationRadio.com

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
we really dont care what foreigners think

Bingo......someone here has my back, the Euro's shipped Beckham over here and paid him millions to bring "soccer" to the masses...well his 15 minutes are up.

Like I said in an earlier post......the NFL game in London was a shit game and it sold out the area in record numbers within minutes...

They (the rest of the world) wants the NFL.....the US does not want Soccer. 

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »
exactly,,, soccer is only the most popular becase people in third world countries can play it with four dead bodies and a crumpled up cardboard box.

LOL!!!

Well I was thinking more along the lines of a ball along with four rocks as goal posts, but that will do it too.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
Bodybuilding Pro.com

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 03:51:51 PM »
When is your day in court Stevieeray? I commend you for keeping quiet...sounds stand up to me

enjoy the summer while you can!!

They keep putting it off but I go once a month to show
up so I dont loose my bonds

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 03:52:43 PM »
Wow, lack of intelligence, personified.

Whatever you say STAT MAN.....why don't you provide some facts & figures before you call me stupid.

Soccer.........GAYER than the NYC gay pride parade!!!

150 twinks running around kicking a ball for 3 hours...what action!!!

Moosejay

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »

Yeah...there was a big international soccer match that went down, I think, yesterday....ended 0 to 0....here are the highlights of the match...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 04:33:42 PM »
Yeah...there was a big international soccer match that went down, I think, yesterday....ended 0 to 0....here are the highlights of the match...