Author Topic: Cedric Benson released by the bears...WTF???  (Read 3537 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Cedric Benson released by the bears...WTF???
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:08:14 PM »
after his second arrest in probably 3 months he was released by the bears.
I gotta say if it was somebody else I wouldnt be that surprised but man dudes a good ball player...

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: Cedric Benson released by the bears...WTF???
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:30:24 PM »
Bullshit, I swear to god Chicago as a city is fucking up... All my jerseys are worthless. First Big Ben, now CB? Fuck who is going to run the ball the rookie.. Fuck the bears will not win 6 games this next year.. BULLSHIT... They didn't even trade his ass. STUPID FUCKS.. Oh well I am still a bears fan to the death of it.. Bears fans are used to losing, at least any real bears fan.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:12:03 PM »
you guys are in trouble, you guys have no receivers or rb's. i feel sorry for Kreutz and Urlacher. whats the problem? management?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:43:28 AM »
Bullshit, I swear to god Chicago as a city is fucking up... All my jerseys are worthless. First Big Ben, now CB? Fuck who is going to run the ball the rookie.. Fuck the bears will not win 6 games this next year.. BULLSHIT... They didn't even trade his ass. STUPID FUCKS.. Oh well I am still a bears fan to the death of it.. Bears fans are used to losing, at least any real bears fan.

Benson is a BUST, plain and simple. The Bears would've been no better off if they decided to keep him and he was your starting running back this season.

And after two arrests in little over a MONTH, what NFL team would give up anything in order to trade for him??

The Bears' front office is clueless when it comes to drafting players at the offensive skill positions: Benson, Terrell, Grossman, etc......Just awful. Defense, yes. Offense.....? :-X

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:59:15 AM »
Benson is a BUST, plain and simple. The Bears would've been no better off if they decided to keep him and he was your starting running back this season.

And after two arrests in little over a MONTH, what NFL team would give up anything in order to trade for him??

The Bears' front office is clueless when it comes to drafting players at the offensive skill positions: Benson, Terrell, Grossman, etc......Just awful. Defense, yes. Offense.....? :-X

The problem is, is that we have not had a QB since 85.. shit I was 2-3 then... It's funny I always say Bears fans are dedicated, we are only good every 20 years.. Your right on the offensive side of things.. I think we will lose Brian before long.. This might be the season that he says see you later.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
Matt Forte ran for 2000 yards in college last year.  He's likely Benson's replacement.  I'll be keeping my eye on him for FF purposes. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:17:35 PM »

The Bears O-line (by all accounts) is still in good shape.  The rookie is going to start and should be reasonably effective.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:02:43 PM »
Benson was terrible.

It's not like they are going to get worse without him.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 10:32:52 PM »
Benson was terrible.

It's not like they are going to get worse without him.

He was my man on that team.. Got both jerseys hanging up. (I guess that is where they will stay) Shit sucks, knowing my luck the Cowgirls will pick him up just for shits and giggles.. I just see the Rookie getting crushed....

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 04:35:20 PM »

I gotta say if it was somebody else I wouldnt be that surprised but man dudes a good ball player...

i assume you only saw his games at texas and none of his nfl games ???

E
E

body88

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »
Da bears are cleaning house. Benson is a bust at this point, and they need a new offense..... They did the right thing, a jag can do what Benson was doing...... Didn't the bears pick up a good back in the draft????

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
He was my man on that team.. Got both jerseys hanging up. (I guess that is where they will stay) Shit sucks, knowing my luck the Cowgirls will pick him up just for shits and giggles.. I just see the Rookie getting crushed....

My Cowboys don't need any more felons.

body88

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 08:11:24 AM »
My Cowboys don't need any more felons.

Not to mention they have Barber and Felix Jones. Peolpe have no idea what the boys got in Felix Jones, he is going to be a star.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 09:07:23 AM »
The Bears got our former senior captain Kirk Barton. He's a great football player!!!

Godspeed, Captain Kirk!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »
Not to mention they have Barber and Felix Jones. Peolpe have no idea what the boys got in Felix Jones, he is going to be a star.

Not with Barber getting the bulk of the carries. They didn't pay Barber all that guaranteed money to share the spotlight with Felix Jones.

Jone may catch on somewhere else when his rookie contract runs out, but he won't be a "star" in Dallas.

body88

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 11:15:49 AM »
Not with Barber getting the bulk of the carries. They didn't pay Barber all that guaranteed money to share the spotlight with Felix Jones.

Jone may catch on somewhere else when his rookie contract runs out, but he won't be a "star" in Dallas.

What do you mean? They payed Barber all that money, because he was worth it, and someone else would have. Jones was taken in the first round, of course they are going to use him. You don't take rb's in the first round, that are going to be out of the spotlight. This years draft was DEEP at RB, if the cowboys wanted a complimentary piece to Barber, they could have gotten a very good one in the second or third round.

Barber has never fully been the man, and he is most effective in a two back system. Jones is a special runner, the world will see.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »
What do you mean? They payed Barber all that money, because he was worth it, and someone else would have. Jones was taken in the first round, of course they are going to use him. You don't take rb's in the first round, that are going to be out of the spotlight. This years draft was DEEP at RB, if the cowboys wanted a complimentary piece to Barber, they could have gotten a very good one in the second or third round.

Barber has never fully been the man, and he is most effective in a two back system. Jones is a special runner, the world will see.

What I mean is that I disagree with your notion that he will be a 'star' with the Dallas Cowboys. Sure he'll probably return kicks and spell Barber every now and then. But my point is that he'll have to be a star with another team. Barber gets the spotlight as the feature back for the long term.

Also, I don't believe the Cowboys will use a two back system in the way they used Julius Jones to start the game and Barber to end it with his punishing, hard running style against 4th quarter defenses.

I think Barber gets 20-25 carries a game, easy. Felix Jones will probably play spot duty to give Barber a breather. If Barber is the feature back(and he has to be with that big contract), I think the Cowboys should have used their 1st round selection to help their depth at wide receiver or a SS with better cover skills than Roy Williams. Then draft a backup RB in the later rounds.

But Felix Jones was probably too good to pass up. Some teams feel that way about certain players they scout.

Just friendly debate, bro!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
after his second arrest in probably 3 months he was released by the bears.

HE TOTALLY SUCKS AS A FOOTBALL PLAYER

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »
I think the Cowboys should have used their 1st round selection to help their depth at wide receiver or a SS with better cover skills than Roy Williams.

I agree we need another receiver but there is no way we can get Roy off the field without a trade somewhere.

Too much guaranteed money to leave on the bench and he would kill us in our salary cap if we cut him.

We will trade him for Ed Reed if you want  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 12:30:16 AM »
LOL man you guys are rough he was a decent running back, not great but shit he didnt suck ass...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 12:33:35 AM »
iono about loading up on barber man punishes people but that type of running will catch up to him sooner or later i bet jones get a decent amount of carries.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 07:50:39 AM »
Nobody claimed him off wavers.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 09:54:25 AM »
LOL man you guys are rough he was a decent running back, not great but shit he didnt suck ass...

than why hasn't anybody claimed him off waivers?

because he sucks

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
than why hasn't anybody claimed him off waivers?

because he sucks

E
he averaged more yards per carry than bettis did in his first 3 years and had 5 less fumbles than bettis in his first 3 years as well..............if he had been given the same amount of carries as bettis he would have had 1000 yard rushing seasons...its been a week, if david carr can get picked up i have total faith that benson will!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 12:31:41 PM »
he averaged more yards per carry than bettis did in his first 3 years and had 5 less fumbles than bettis in his first 3 years as well..............if he had been given the same amount of carries as bettis he would have had 1000 yard rushing seasons...its been a week, if david carr can get picked up i have total faith that benson will!!!

Oh shit. Earl is going to break you down with that statement.