Author Topic: US and EU 'to issue Iran warning'  (Read 2294 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
US and EU 'to issue Iran warning'
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:18:13 PM »

The BBC's Oana Lungescu in Ljubljana says they are expected to issue a joint warning to Tehran that more sanctions against Iran's banks are being readied.

They are pressuring Iran to abandon its nuclear programme, rejecting claims it is solely for peaceful purposes.

There will be a tough joint message to Tehran about further sanctions against Iranian banks linked to nuclear proliferation and terrorism, our correspondent says.

Mr Bush is also expected to apply pressure on individual European businesses to take a harder line.

Barclays Bank, based in Britain, has already responded to US pressure, and ended all dealings with Iran's Saderat Bank and Bank Melli.

The warning of sanctions is a stick that Washington is keen to wield, but it is ready to give the carrot one more try, our correspondent says.

EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana will go to Iran at the weekend with an upgraded offer of economic and political incentives.

The UN Security Council has approved three rounds of sanctions against Iran.

These include asset restrictions and travel bans on Iranian individuals and companies said to be involved in nuclear work.

The sanctions also ban the sale to Iran of so-called dual-use items - items which can have either a military or civilian purpose.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: US and EU 'to issue Iran warning'
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:27:02 PM »
The BBC's Oana Lungescu in Ljubljana says they are expected to issue a joint warning to Tehran that more sanctions against Iran's banks are being readied.

They are pressuring Iran to abandon its nuclear programme, rejecting claims it is solely for peaceful purposes.

There will be a tough joint message to Tehran about further sanctions against Iranian banks linked to nuclear proliferation and terrorism, our correspondent says.

Mr Bush is also expected to apply pressure on individual European businesses to take a harder line.

Barclays Bank, based in Britain, has already responded to US pressure, and ended all dealings with Iran's Saderat Bank and Bank Melli.

The warning of sanctions is a stick that Washington is keen to wield, but it is ready to give the carrot one more try, our correspondent says.

EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana will go to Iran at the weekend with an upgraded offer of economic and political incentives.

The UN Security Council has approved three rounds of sanctions against Iran.

These include asset restrictions and travel bans on Iranian individuals and companies said to be involved in nuclear work.

The sanctions also ban the sale to Iran of so-called dual-use items - items which can have either a military or civilian purpose.

What the heck is a dual-use item?  Does food fall into that category?  :o
I mean, ...you can feed the civilian population, ...or you can feed the military.
How about medicine? you can heal civilians, or you can tend to the medical needs of your army.
What about books, computers, grain, clothing? Who is to say the army needs to be dressed in cammo.
It can get pretty hot out there in the desert, ...and we all know what Rambo did for the tank top on military guys...
w

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:41:48 PM »
LMAO, the EU are a bunch of cowards who lick the boots of Hitler, Mussolini, and every other dictator in the world even Milosevic.  I mean the EU (NATO partners) are so pathetic they couldn't even handle little 'ol Kosovo without begging the USA to do their dirty work.

Impotent cowards = EU

....Iran has nothing to fear from these EU cowards only America and some Eastern European countries/allies have the fortitude to what is right in the face of one of the greatest dangers in the world today..... Iran.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:41:57 PM »
I mean, ...you can feed the civilian population, ...or you can feed the military.
How about medicine? you can heal civilians, or you can tend to the medical needs of your army.
What about books, computers, grain, clothing? Who is to say the army needs to be dressed in cammo.
It can get pretty hot out there in the desert, ...and we all know what Rambo did for the tank top on military guys...

That's what I was wondering.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:18:26 AM »
Yeah...we send food to North Korea because they're starving..who gets the food first. The NKPA ::)
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 07:37:38 AM »

Yeah food  ::) 

US Soldiers getting shredded, women getting blown to bits and you think it falls under the food category

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 07:44:17 AM »
Jag lives in fuzzy bunny land..where all is calm and bad people are just misunderstood...and American is the evil red,white and blue ogre that shits in everybodies cereal.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:48:21 AM »
Jag lives in fuzzy bunny land..where all is calm and bad people are just misunderstood...and American is the evil red,white and blue ogre that shits in everybodies cereal.

Your nationalism is beyond my comprehension. Your blind devotion to the edicts of the US government resembles nothing so much as that of the religious fanatic, unable to accept personal responsibility and proclaiming all deviation from said belief to be blasphemous. Look at yourself carefully.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 07:54:56 AM »
Yeah...we send food to North Korea because they're starving..who gets the food first. The NKPA ::)

We sent them a million barrels of oil.

What did they do to deserve it?

Um, they set off a nuke.  Oh, and vowed to destory America.  Then, they waited til a space shuttle launch, on the 4th of July, and they fired ICBMs at hawaii.

In fuzzy bunny land, nations who declare war on us get paid in oil to stop.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 07:57:26 AM »
Your nationalism is beyond my comprehension. Your blind devotion to the edicts of the US government resembles nothing so much as that of the religious fanatic, unable to accept personal responsibility and proclaiming all deviation from said belief to be blasphemous. Look at yourself carefully.

Dear decide...I happen to love my county and live in the really real world where bad people are really trying to destroy her and kill my family. I'm sorry if this hurts ur feelings and all. Much like u don't understand ones love of country..i don't understand hating it. Are u American?
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 07:58:19 AM »
We sent them a million barrels of oil.

What did they do to deserve it?

Um, they set off a nuke.  Oh, and vowed to destory America.  Then, they waited til a space shuttle launch, on the 4th of July, and they fired ICBMs at hawaii.

In fuzzy bunny land, nations who declare war on us get paid in oil to stop.

One war at a time.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:56:05 AM »
Dear decide...I happen to love my county and live in the really real world where bad people are really trying to destroy her and kill my family. I'm sorry if this hurts ur feelings and all. Much like u don't understand ones love of country..i don't understand hating it. Are u American?

By dint of a geographical accident I was born in the US. I don't 'love' my country; what little love I have, I bear for a few individuals not a collective of of millions of people. I did not choose to be born in the US and neither did you; you could have been born in Bolivia; would you be so patriotic then? I don't hate the US; I am indifferent to it, however its foreign policy leaves much to be desired. If you believe the 'bad guys' are trying to destroy the country you were accidentally born into and your family I think it highly likely that the USA (CIA, military, etc.) destroyed someone else's family and country.
I hate the State.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 09:04:37 AM »

You fucking retarded or something? Dual-use items include such things as jet engines and what not. Electronics that can be used in missile guidance systems, etc.

Fact of the matter is that if Iran wasn't pursuing nuclear weapons, they wouldn't be keeping the IAEA inspectors from seeing certain parts of their nuclear program that would let them determine if they had peaceful or military aims.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »
....one of the greatest dangers in the world today..... Iran.

hahahaha.  Right up there with Iraq and Grenada.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 10:55:43 AM »
You fucking retarded or something? Dual-use items include such things as jet engines and what not.

Citizens in Iran use jet engines to get around?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »
Citizens in Iran use jet engines to get around?

It's an example, bright spot. Nice of you to delete the electronic chip comment. Oh wait, that one was accurate.

I don't know if Iran is producing aircraft for civilian use. Perhaps they are? This would indicate a dual-use purpose. But nice try on the attack. Next time you're going to do that, put my whole statement in there. ::)

Edit:

Do some research before you try to be a wise ass.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2006/73811.htm

Dual-use aircraft parts that civilians use? But I'm probably wrong to expect that certain aircraft parts can serve multiple purposes. Maybe not jet engines but I proved my point. ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 01:07:43 PM »
It's an example, bright spot. Nice of you to delete the electronic chip comment. Oh wait, that one was accurate.

I don't know if Iran is producing aircraft for civilian use. Perhaps they are? This would indicate a dual-use purpose. But nice try on the attack. Next time you're going to do that, put my whole statement in there. ::)

Edit:

Do some research before you try to be a wise ass.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2006/73811.htm

Dual-use aircraft parts that civilians use? But I'm probably wrong to expect that certain aircraft parts can serve multiple purposes. Maybe not jet engines but I proved my point. ::)

Calm down sunshine. In your opinion what is the purpose of imposing sanctions against another country? Do sanctions hurt the common person more than they hurt the military or the governing bodies or not?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 01:38:17 PM »
Calm down sunshine. In your opinion what is the purpose of imposing sanctions against another country? Do sanctions hurt the common person more than they hurt the military or the governing bodies or not?

I think the theory is that sanctions cause the people to pressure the government. 
Worked great in Iraq.   :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 02:23:48 PM »
I think the theory is that sanctions cause the people to pressure the government. 
Worked great in Iraq.   :)

Thats part of where I was going with my questions. The people suffer but it's business as usual with everything else.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
Fact of the matter is that if Iran wasn't pursuing nuclear weapons, they wouldn't be keeping the IAEA inspectors from seeing certain parts of their nuclear program that would let them determine if they had peaceful or military aims.

Are you for real? You clearly know very little about Iran's relationship with the inspectors?
Go read up on what the inspectors have said about Iran's co-operation, ...then come back.
w