Author Topic: Modern Liberals, Whine Connoisseurs  (Read 2124 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Modern Liberals, Whine Connoisseurs
« on: June 10, 2008, 07:53:39 AM »
Awsome articlele....see told ya Obama was a whiny little bitch.

We now are down to two presidential candidates. One went to the Ivy League and Harvard Law School as a young man. The other spent years of his youth in a Vietnam Prisoner of War camp and suffered lifelong injuries. Guess which one whines more about his hardships?

Barack Obama is many things — a senator, a gifted orator, and a charismatic figure. But he’s also a whiner.

n recent months he’s complained about the questions during the ABC News debate with Hillary Clinton because they were not to his liking and whined that the media coverage of McCain wasn’t harsh enough. (Pretty rich coming from Obama.) He whines that scrutiny of his wife’s statements are mean and “low class” and that media scrutiny of his connection to convicted felon Tony Rezko is unfair because he was poorly served by his staff. He claims he is a victim in the Rev. Wright controversy and that the black church is being harshly attacked. Then there is the non-whine whine in the NBC News debate, in which he said that Hillary Clinton “has consistently sent out negative attacks on us, email, robo-calls, flyers, television ads, radio calls, and we haven’t whined about it….”

Michelle Obama whines about the burdens of paying for piano lessons and summer camp for the kids, and the paying off the student loans for her two Ivy League degrees. “The salaries don’t keep up with the cost of paying off the debt,” she complained when they Obama’s cleared half a million a year, “so you’re in your 40s, still paying off your debt at a time when you have to save for your kids.” America is “just downright mean,” she whines and then tells an audience recently in Charlotte, N.C. that “they” (whoever that might be) were constantly changing the rules for the contest and that “they” are constantly trying to undermine her husband. “They raise the bar. Raise the bar. Shift it to the side. Keep it just out of reach.” Gee, isn’t this about the delegate count?

But the Obamas’ penchant for whining didn’t begin with the presidential campaign. Michelle Obama, in her Princeton undergraduate thesis titled “Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community”, complains of “further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant.” Never mind that she just graduated from a prestigious Ivy League school. Barack Obama complains throughout his book Dreams From My Father about the slights, insults, and injustices he suffered. Not that there is anything dramatic. There were those two white friends who came to an all-black party and kept “smiling a lot” because they were uncomfortable. When they told him after “I can see how it must be tough for you and at sometimes being the only black guys and all.” This offends Obama, who writes, “A part of me wanted to punch him right there.” Obama complains about “white man’s rules,” and how unjust things are, but can’t really offer any difficulty or act of outright bigotry that happened to him. “People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.” Alas, the harsh light of oppression.

Barack Obama published this memoir of complaint just five years after leaving law school. Senator John McCain waited 25 years to write a book about the real-life horrors of life in a prisoner of war camp.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: Modern Liberals, Whine Connoisseurs
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:54:49 AM »
Many observers believe that Barack Obama secured the liberal base of the Democratic party because he was antiwar from the beginning. But I think it’s because he mastered the art of complaining and won over the Whine Caucus. Today the Democratic party is dominated by groups making claims of victim status — blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, unwed mothers, artists, pampered academics, environmental activists, the poor, the unemployed, animal rights activists, women, homosexuals. As Michael Crowley openly admits on Slate: “What does define and unify the [Democratic] party is a sense of victimhood.”

Many observers believe that Barack Obama secured the liberal base of the Democratic party because he was antiwar from the beginning. But I think it’s because he mastered the art of complaining and won over the Whine Caucus. Today the Democratic party is dominated by groups making claims of victim status — blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, unwed mothers, artists, pampered academics, environmental activists, the poor, the unemployed, animal rights activists, women, homosexuals. As Michael Crowley openly admits on Slate: “What does define and unify the [Democratic] party is a sense of victimhood.”

↓ Keep reading this article ↓

Spakovsky: Criminalizing the Lawyers

Kudlow: Voters Say ‘Drill’

Hemingway: Jewish Whispering Campaign

Schweizer: Modern Liberals, Whine Connoisseurs

Hanson: Gone, but Not Forgotten

Bate: Drug Resistance Is Deadly

Manzi: The Right Formula

Benard: Change He Should Believe In

Lopez: Daddy, Dearest

New: Pure Goldwater

Sowell: Cocky Ignorance

Lowry: Mark Steyn: Enemy of the State?

Spencer: Bad Science

Editors: Free Mark Steyn

Lopez: Where’s the Love for John Kerry?

Interview: War & Punishment

A wide body of research shows that modern liberals are much more likely to complain about things in their lives. Conservatives are more content with their lives. When asked “How satisfied are you with life these days? Sixty-six percent of conservatives said “very satisfied” compared with only 46 percent of liberals. Conservatives are more likely to say they love their jobs (53 percent vs. 41 percent) and even enjoy their hobbies more (63 percent vs. 51 percent). When asked by the Social Capital Survey whether they were satisfied with their income, liberals were more than three times as likely to say “not at all satisfied” — even when they earned the same as conservatives.

When it comes to something like housework, Democrats are much more likely to complain that the division of work in their home “is unfair to me” than Republicans. In fact, they are five times as likely to whine about it. Another study in The Journal of Applied Psychology found that feminist women do less housework than traditional women — but complain more about it.

On a more serious note, researchers writing in The American Journal of Psychiatry and The Journal of Marriage and Family found that liberals are more likely to attempt suicide than conservatives.

Liberals are also more likely to whine that they are unhappy in their marriages and declare that their health is “fair or poor” than conservatives. Even when you control for income, these gaps exist. Unless you are willing to believe that certain illnesses afflict only certain political groups, something else is at work here.

Barack Obama understands the language of victimhood and uses it effectively. And victimhood has become a central tenant of modern liberalism. As Kenneth Minogue argues in his classic book The Liberal Mind, modern liberalism is completely wrapped up in “suffering situations.”

So as the campaign continues, get used to more acts of whining and complaining. It’s part of modern liberalism. Wendy Kaminer understood this perfectly when she wrote in The Atlantic Monthly: “Personally, I reserve the right to complain and even whine about whatever injustices are visited upon me — bad haircuts, bad boyfriends, and bad reviews. I have always believed in complaining — in one view, that makes me a liberal.”

L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:03:07 AM »
What a snippy little article.

Who wrote it, a ten year old girl with a hissy fit?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 08:04:44 AM »
Yeah as opposed to the whiny bitch articles complaining about Bush or Mccain or the "Prison planet articles"....plus u just proved his point.
L

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:15:19 AM »
All jokes aside HH6, despite our differing viewpoints I enjoy what you bring to this forum as a member of the serving member of the US armed forces. Offers a unique and very interesting perspective when you post on military manners [no snideness intended, I am being real]

That said - you always just post negatives, and weak ones, about Obama. Time after time. If you are a McCain supporter, surely there must be good things to post about him? Day after day I never see you do that though? Honestly, consider bringing some of McCains positives, plans etc forward. Seems none of his people do that, Coach is the same.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 08:17:02 AM »
Mccain was whining about the media coverage earlier this week.

MSNBC pointed out his move yesterday, when he stated to Newsweek "I don't complain about the media".  They quickly played for him a clip where he earlier in the week criticized the media.

Is there a difference between mccain complaining about the media, and Obama doing it?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 08:21:30 AM »
Yeah as opposed to the whiny bitch articles complaining about Bush or Mccain or the "Prison planet articles"....plus u just proved his point.

haha prison planet

"URGENT: The World Will End Tommorow, US Set to Test a Bomb in the Atlantic Ocean"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 08:21:43 AM »
All jokes aside HH6, despite our differing viewpoints I enjoy what you bring to this forum as a member of the serving member of the US armed forces. Offers a unique and very interesting perspective when you post on military manners [no snideness intended, I am being real]

That said - you always just post negatives, and weak ones, about Obama. Time after time. If you are a McCain supporter, surely there must be good things to post about him? Day after day I never see you do that though? Honestly, consider bringing some of McCains positives, plans etc forward. Seems none of his people do that, Coach is the same.

Well I would except I don't really like Mccain..he does nothing for me.  But in the spirit of ur post i will do a better job of not shitting on everybodies parade. I see ur point.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 08:22:01 AM »
Liberals are whiney.

Any criticism levelled at a conservative becomes "whining"...Oh brother.  

Today's conservatives are thoroughly drenched in the corruption and immorality of their appointed/elected leaders that they project all their own worst flaws on anyone but themselves.

You want party identification by a sense of victimhood?  Try imposing a tax.  You can't do that, it's class warfare where the elites are the victims.

Try proposing an educational bill and conservatives cry about just throwing money at problems which once again victimizes the poor honest taxpayer.

Try imposing reasonable gun control and you get cries of disarmament and letting the crooks win.  Big government turns honest citizens into victims.

Any legitimate criticism of Bush is only evidence of intense passionate hatred of Bush.  He's a victim of the Big Bad liberals.

There's really nothing substantive about the article.  It is a screed to make conservatives feel better about themselves by putting somebody else down.

B/c at bottom, the modern conservative avoids any responsiblity or criticism as a vampire avoids holy water.  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 08:30:15 AM »
Liberals are whiney.

Any criticism levelled at a conservative becomes "whining"...Oh brother.  

Today's conservatives are thoroughly drenched in the corruption and immorality of their appointed/elected leaders that they project all their own worst flaws on anyone but themselves. yeah seen obama's headlines the last few days...he's up to his ass

You want party identification by a sense of victimhood?  Try imposing a tax.  You can't do that, it's class warfare where the elites are the victims.

Try proposing an educational bill and conservatives cry about just throwing money at problems which once again victimizes the poor honest taxpayer. Bush has thown more money at it then anubody..does not work
Try imposing reasonable gun control and you get cries of disarmament and letting the crooks win.  Big government turns honest citizens into victims. 2nd Amendment violations..yeah i'd complain

Any legitimate criticism of Bush is only evidence of intense passionate hatred of Bush.  He's a victim of the Big Bad liberals.

There's really nothing substantive about the article.  It is a screed to make conservatives feel better about themselves by putting somebody else down.

B/c at bottom, the modern conservative avoids any responsiblity or criticism as a vampire avoids holy water.  

All ur opinion...sorry Obama plays the victim, his friggen wife whines and bitches about the system....
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 08:39:11 AM »
All ur opinion...sorry Obama plays the victim, his friggen wife whines and bitches about the system....
My opinion, yeah.  What do you think that calling liberals "whiners" is some sort of a fact and not an opinion?

I'm sure McCain's wife would whine too...if he let her speak.

What you call "whining" is criticism.  There's nothing wrong with professional criticism.

You conservatives cannot handle that level of sophistication.  Unless one offers total acceptance of the republican candidate's platform, he/she is a whiner.

That kind of personal attack is what's ruining the discourse of this country. 

It's time for conservatives to grow up and grow a pair and start acting responsibly.  Namely start accepting substantive criticism in a thoughtful way and act in a constructive manner.

I guess that might be too much to ask from the right.  They've been on such a destructive path since Bush was selected for office.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:45:36 AM »
Yeah ok...Obama whining about "tough questions"....or his wife whining about white people. Thats got nothing to do with Conservatives and everything to do with the victim mentality that is rampant throught the Dem party...poor me. U have a group of folks who look at each other and try to figure out who has gotten screwed over the most. Then devise a way for Uncle Sam to pay for it. Once again Decker we agree to disagree.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 08:46:40 AM »
Yeah ok...Obama whining about "tough questions"....or his wife whining about white people. Thats got nothing to do with Conservatives and everything to do with the victim mentality that is rampant throught the Dem party...poor me. U have a group of folks who look at each other and try to figure out who has gotten screwed over the most. Then devise a way for Uncle Sam to pay for it. Once again Decker we agree to disagree.

People don't like whiners.  If Obama whines, people won't vote for him, it's that simple.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 08:50:11 AM »
Well I would except I don't really like Mccain..he does nothing for me.  But in the spirit of ur post i will do a better job of not shitting on everybodies parade. I see ur point.

LOL, thank you, no "sh_t on" if you feel!You have all right to. I did not mean it that way. I genuinely just meant bring some of his postives to the front maybe if you feel he is better than Obama. Why don't you like McCain if I may ask? I honestly thought you were like a die hard McCain guy? Did his creepy smile do you in as well?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 08:54:34 AM »
He's a really a Dem in alot of ways. I like his foreign policy stuff..not sure he will do enough for the economy. Neither of these guys has a good energy plan. We need more refineries and more nuke plants. i can get more into this later...plus he just doesn't excite me.
L

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 08:56:40 AM »
He's a really a Dem in alot of ways. I like his foreign policy stuff..not sure he will do enough for the economy. Neither of these guys has a good energy plan. We need more refineries and more nuke plants. i can get more into this later...plus he just doesn't excite me.

Yes ok valid. Thanks. Who would you have preffered [sorry to all off topic]

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 09:37:35 AM »
mean mean mean.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »
HH6's   world is melting all around him.   Face it, theres alot to complain about.   What a retard.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »
We're sooooo fucked.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 01:41:04 PM »
McCain regular voice sounds like a whiney toad.  Aside from him being a pandering nipple sucking whore, why do people take prison planet seriously?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 02:07:28 PM »
HH6's   world is melting all around him.   Face it, theres alot to complain about.   What a retard.

Dude my world is just fine...idiots like obama mean I'll be employed well into my 90's. I have no real complaints besides gas.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 02:18:07 PM »
Dude my world is just fine...idiots like obama mean I'll be employed well into my 90's. I have no real complaints besides gas.

yeah, as fun as it is to debate this stuff, I admit that things haven't changed much, besides gas prices.

A lot of people I know are out of work right now. 

Tonight Hardball said this election was simple choice:  Vote for what we have now, what you know (security).... or vote for change (unknown). 

it's a tough choice.  Obama might really fck things up.  Mccain might too.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 02:53:08 PM »

If Obama gets elected you should really think about starting a militia and start building bomb shelters

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 03:29:44 PM »
"Whine Connoisseurs."  I must steal that one.   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 03:36:43 PM »

That might be a good thing, ...because with idiots like McCain in office,
...a military guy probably wouldn't even live to see his 30's.
w