Author Topic: Bigger, stronger , faster; PR nightmare for bodybuilding?  (Read 5565 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Bigger, stronger , faster; PR nightmare for bodybuilding?
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »
I really like your reply and ideas in it, I agree, passion to push the envelope is how all great things are done.
However, going to extremes, just to go to extrems may not always be the best path.
In my humble opinion, being more massive than Arnold or Sergio is NOT better, but distorted.
You don't want a swimmer physique, but a freaky mass monster at 300lbs is not the ideal either.
I am one of those guys that is also against those straight jacket bench shirts that lets a guy bench 200 or more lbs over their raw max.
I think the passion should be for perfection of the overall physique and in my opinion, perfection is as much about shape and balance along with size and cuts.
Howard
I agree with you there, perfect example is Art atwood who won his pro debut and totally messed up his physique by getting bigger then his frame is capable of handling. However don't think for one second that Dexter does less then Jay Cutler. It may seem that way because Jay is bigger but Dexter once competed as a bantam so you can imagine what it takes for him to compete at over 220 at 5'6. All I'm saying is focusing on performance enhancing drugs when there are millions on crack and perks, alcohilcs and a lot more dangerous things out there is foolish and I cannot support this when the people who use performance enhencement are just trying to fulfill their dreams and clearly don't mean harm to anyone.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 05:02:14 PM »
I agree with you there, perfect example is Art atwood who won his pro debut and totally messed up his physique by getting bigger then his frame is capable of handling. However don't think for one second that Dexter does less then Jay Cutler. It may seem that way because Jay is bigger but Dexter once competed as a bantam so you can imagine what it takes for him to compete at over 220 at 5'6. All I'm saying is focusing on performance enhancing drugs when there are millions on crack and perks, alcohilcs and a lot more dangerous things out there is foolish and I cannot support this when the people who use performance enhencement are just trying to fulfill their dreams and clearly don't mean harm to anyone.
Great post and reply, thanks

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 05:07:11 PM »
who has a legit torrent !
it's not in theater here and I dont want to wait a few months to see it

I don't know

I searched but couldn't find one

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 12:30:14 AM »
I have seen the various clips from the pro-steroid movie; "Bigger, Stronger, Faster".
It is a well done film and should be seen by everyone interested in sports and bodybuilding.
There is a now famous deleted scene where Mr Olympia Jay Culter talks opnely about drugs along with various other IFBB pros. I  admire Jay and the others for being honest and candid.
Having said that, I fear that he may wish he never said THAT on film.
If the feds are going after anyone in pro bodybuilding , like baseball (Bonds), it will be the top guy .
Jay is our Mr Olympia and would get more media hype than busting some lower tier Joe Blow pro.
The IFBB can't be pleased that the statements on this film are in direct conflict with their own written rules and policy.

The sad reality is that by being this honest and open about steroids in the current political climate is asking for trouble. Barry Bonds is being called back in for lying to a federal grand jury. We have seen the now famous witch hunt trials in congress.
Does anyone who saw those trials , think for a minute , that being honest and candid is going to help make their case? I wish it would and that the world of sports could come clean , be honest without fear of punishment. I am all for ending the extreme levels of drugs we now see in bodybuilding. But, I don't want those involved  to be treated like criminals for simply doing what needs to be done to win.

Pro sports will never be clean. There are too many people out there smart enough to fool tests.