Author Topic: Tiger watch  (Read 2304 times)

The Coach

Tiger watch
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »
US Open is this week and Tigers first tourny since his knee surgery a couple of months ago. Any predictions? I say top 3 if not winning the whole thing.

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: Tiger watch
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »
US Open is this week and Tigers first tourny since his knee surgery a couple of months ago. Any predictions? I say top 3 if not winning the whole thing.

That depends on this simple q: Did you train him? ;D

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »
LOL....not yet:)

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 12:38:36 PM »

Tiger OWNS Torrey Pines.

Tiger has won there so many times it takes two hands to count them all.

Fourslot40

• Getbig II
  • DAMN!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »
Who cares?  Is Tiger giving you part of his winnings to help pay your bills?

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 12:42:46 PM »
Johnny I agree, but he just said he hasn't played 18 since the surgery

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »
why dont you go fuck yourself? comign to a bodybuilding board and making threads about golf you fucking idiot
Z

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 12:55:47 PM »
Tiger will struggle early in the first round, but will make the cut and eventually finish in the top 10.

And when he's done, he's going to go bang his hot-ass wife...

...provided I'm not tapping her fine ass at the time.   ;D

Fourslot40

• Getbig II
  • DAMN!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 01:04:09 PM »
Uhh, just an FYI - nobody is really going out on a limb predicting Tiger would win ANY tournament.  That includes if he played lefthanded with a blindfold.

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 01:43:48 PM »
Someone needs to tell Bluto to change his rag, its making him a bit bitchy!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 01:51:41 PM »
Someone needs to tell Bluto to change his rag, its making him a bit bitchy!

im not logged on much, and when i am i dont expect to find threads about golf on a bodybuilding board.

think about it. maybe you will realize you're a fucking idiot for posting shit like that and you're insulting ron by doing it.

what if somebody would go to a golf forum and start posting about ronnie coleman? would that make sense?

maybe now you realize how sick in the head you really are.
Z

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 02:10:11 PM »
They would laugh and say "Ronnie who?" LOL

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 02:14:04 PM »
gotta watch those knees in golf..... ::)

Warren

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 03:47:33 PM »

Have you seen my weiner?

:-\

The Coach

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 10:02:25 AM »
Update as of this morning.........Who ever thinks golf isn't exciting................ ..

SAN DIEGO -- At the very hole where his return to competitive golf began Thursday with an inelegant double-bogey, Tiger Woods' U.S. Open chances seemed at an end.

Struggling with his game and falling off the pace, Woods' tee shot Friday at Torrey Pines' first hole -- his 10th of the day -- came to rest near a cart path. Unable to take proper relief, the world's No. 1 golfer was faced with playing an awkward shot standing on the concrete.

He was 3-over-par at the time, just coming off a shaky back nine that included an incredible eagle but also four bogeys. And judging by his pained reaction after he swung, the action didn't do much for his surgically repaired left knee.

Within the next 60 minutes, the 108th U.S. Open was about to change dramatically.

At the time, Rocco Mediate and Stuart Appleby were trading the lead. D.J. Trahan and Davis Love III were in the clubhouse waiting for the field to come back to them at 1 under.

Little did they know they would become relegated to secondary status (despite the fact Appleby leads by one stroke through 36 holes).

Woods was about to announce he was back -- and in a big way.

The world's No. 1-ranked golfer somehow turned that shot from the cement into glory, knocking an 8-iron pin high and making birdie at No. 1. He added another at the second. And the fourth. And the fifth.

In just five holes, Woods turned into a factor just a day after walking his first 18-hole round since the Masters. It wasn't exactly Ben Hogan's return from a serious car accident at the 1950 U.S. Open, but it was pretty impressive nonetheless.

I was just hanging around, hanging around, hanging around. And I just made some putts. 
--Tiger Woods
"It was nice," was about as much of a compliment as Woods was willing to give himself afterward. "I was just hanging around, hanging around, hanging around. And I just made some putts."

And now Woods has given himself a chance to win his third U.S. Open and 14th major championship.

Woods shot 3-under-par 68 -- one of just seven scores in the 60s on Friday -- with a front-nine 30 that included five birdies, capped by one at the par-5 9th hole. That moved him into a tie for second place, one stroke behind Appleby, who shot 70.

Woods is tied with Mediate (71) and Sweden's Robert Karlsson (70). Trahan (69), Love (69), England's Lee Westwood (71) and Spain's Miguel Angel Jimenez -- who had the tournament's best round Friday with a 66 -- are in a tie for fifth another shot back.

For Woods, it set up a third-round pairing with Karlsson, 38, a seven-time winner on the European Tour who lives in Monaco.

"It's definitely a treat," said Karlsson of getting to play with Woods. "It's going to be a great experience to do it. But it's going to be a bit of a challenge with everything that's going to happen around."

Coming from behind

Tiger Woods has rallied from a deficit after 36 holes to win five of his 13 major championships. A look at the list:

Tournament After 36 Final
'99 PGA Championship 2 behind Haas 1 over Garcia
'01 Masters 2 behind DiMarco 2 over Duval
'02 Masters 4 behind Singh 3 over Goosen
'05 Masters 6 behind DiMarco Playoff over DiMarco
'06 PGA Championship 1 behind 3 players 5 over Micheel
It could not be any more boisterous than it was the first two days, when Woods played with Phil Mickelson and Adam Scott. The Southern California fans might have liked to see Mickelson play his way into the third-round pairing, but the San Diego native was a disappointment Friday, shooting 75 and dropping into a tie for 35th along with Scott.

Mickelson and Scott, who are a long way removed from their first U.S. Open titles, will play together again Saturday. They'll tee off at 2:50 p.m. ET. Woods and Karlsson will take to the first tee box exactly three hours later.

Mickelson and Woods were a study in contrasts Friday. Mickelson started off at even par, just three off the lead. But he struggled to keep his ball in the fairway and paid the price.

Woods, meanwhile, bogeyed two of his first three holes, eagled his fourth (the 13th), then made bogeys at the 16th and 17th holes and failed to birdie the short par-5 18th.

"I felt like I gave three shots away there," he said.

Then came the par-4 first hole where he missed his drive to the right, the ball coming to rest within inches of the cart path.

"I just happened to get a great break," Woods said. "Not only did I have a swing and a stance, but also had a lie where I could control my distance. And it was just an 8-iron up there. Put the ball in the center of the green and move on from there. I wasn't trying to do anything in particular with that shot."

Had Woods taken a drop from the cart path, his ball would have been behind a tree. So he had to stand on cement wearing metal spikes, somewhat dangerous given his knee issues.

"That's part of the deal," he said. "That's part of wearing metal spikes. But I would much rather have the lie."

Woods admitted afterward that his knee was sore, but certainly the good score helped dull the pain. And as he has said often, this is nothing new: He has come back from a previous knee surgery to win and seems to do well after long layoffs.

I'll be doing my best to accidentally throw a club towards his sore knee. It would be an accident, of course. 
--Stuart Appleby
"He's gotten good at coming back from that knee," Love said. "He's very strong … but it's the layoff that's the hard part. He's so strong, the knee's going to be sore at night. But while he's playing, it's probably not going to bother him. It's the layoff from playing golf that's so hard to come back from. And I think that's what's so amazing for him, to pop right back in a U.S. Open."

Yes, Woods has put himself in that familiar position again, hovering near the lead in a major championship. There's a long way to go, but Friday's play was an indication that his game is in excellent shape, knee pain or not.

Anything the others can do to stop him?

"I'll be doing my best to accidentally throw a club towards his sore knee," Appleby joked. "It would be an accident, of course."

Bob Harig covers golf for ESPN.com. He can be reached at BobHarig@gmail.com.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 10:04:05 AM »
If it's exciting enough to keep you from posting about politics, then it's good enough for me!  :D
follow the arrows

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 10:07:05 AM »
If it's exciting enough to keep you from posting about politics, then it's good enough for me!  :D

LMAO!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 10:11:50 AM »
Update as of this morning.........Who ever thinks golf isn't exciting................ ..

90% of us.

The Coach

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 10:13:27 AM »
90% of us.

Thats because 90% of you think bodybuilding is a sport and bodybuilders are athletes ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 09:47:50 PM »
Tiger was unreal today

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 09:57:20 PM »
Thats because 90% of you think bodybuilding is a sport and bodybuilders are athletes ;D

You can't compare golf, to the excitement of a man in a thong, pumped up and posing on stage, for a crowd of men.
HAHA, RON.....

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 10:04:28 PM »
Tiger OWNS Torrey Pines.

Tiger has won there so many times it takes two hands to count them all.

Did I speak the truth or not???

Who saw tha eagle on 18?

Fucking A.

The Coach

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 10:23:30 PM »
Did I speak the truth or not???

Who saw tha eagle on 18?

Fucking A.

Absolute truth. It just wasn't the eagle on 18, it was the TWO (2) eagles for the round that would have never happend for the regular human tour player.

You guys can say what you want about golf and Tiger.......but if your not watching it, your hearing about history in the making. I know people who don't play or watch golf............except when Tiger is playing.