Author Topic: Magazine ranks Honolulu tops in U.S. for quality of life  (Read 784 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Magazine ranks Honolulu tops in U.S. for quality of life
« on: June 10, 2008, 07:32:26 PM »
See what low crime, great weather, great people, etc. gets you (in spite of liberals running the legislature)?   :)

Updated at 1:59 p.m., Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Magazine ranks Honolulu tops in U.S. for quality of life
Advertiser Staff

Forget about New York, Washington, Miami, Chicago or San Francisco.

The top U.S. city listed in Monocle magazine's ranking of top worldwide cities for quality of life is Honolulu.

The ranking by the magazine places Hawai'i's capital as the 12th best city worldwide, coming in just behind Sydney and before Madrid.

The only other U.S. cities included on the ranking were Minneapolis at No. 19 and Portland at No. 25.

In addition the magazine named Paris as the "Best Global City" and Madrid as the "Best Business City."

Berlin was tagged as the "Best Cultural City," while Copenhagen reigned as the "Best Design City." The best retail city was Fukuoka.

The list is as follows:

1. Copenhagen

2. Munich

3. Tokyo

4. Zurich

5. Helsinki

6. Vienna

7. Stockholm

8. Vancouver

9. Melbourne

10. Paris

11. Sydney

12. Honolulu

13. Madrid

14. Berlin

15. Barcelona

16. Montreal

17. Fukuoka

18. Amsterdam

19. Minneapolis

20. Kyoto

21. Hamburg

22. Singapore

23. Geneva

24. Lisbon

25. Portugal

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080610/BREAKING03/80610052

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Magazine ranks Honolulu tops in U.S. for quality of life
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:34:22 PM »
move this to the "about to get assfvcked by the lack of tourism' board.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:44:07 PM »
I note only 3 US cities on the list of 25 and the top 10 USA is MIA.The way some people post I thought the whole world sucks, and only the USA is nice. They may melt when they see this list.

That said, I've been to about 10 of those cities, spent months on end in 2, and can't say I agree with it at all. I assume they are using some geeky numerical equation to work this out, that may not be that relevant to 'actual' life. Some just don't apply imo. That is no diss on Honolulu, which is my favorite place I've been to in the USA.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »
Pathetic; virtually all of those cities are in Europe...

What the hell are you bragging about? You are a fundy Christian, so delusion must come naturally to you...
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:58:13 PM »
I note only 3 US cities on the list of 25 and the top 10 USA is MIA.The way some people post I thought the whole world sucks, and only the USA is nice. They may melt when they see this list.

That said, I've been to about 10 of those cities, spent months on end in 2, and can't say I agree with it at all. I assume they are using some geeky numerical equation to work this out, that may not be that relevant to 'actual' life. Some just don't apply imo. That is no diss on Honolulu, which is my favorite place I've been to in the USA.

Too true; I have lived in Vienna and Berlin; awesome cities and have been to every other European city and some of the others as well...Beach Ball Head is a delusional fool!
I hate the State.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 08:45:19 PM »
Wow Australia was ranking pretty high

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »

I don't view these kinds of lists as gospel either.  I agree with you about Honolulu (though I think all of the islands are terrific).