Author Topic: McCain: Bloomberg VP a Possibility  (Read 692 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
McCain: Bloomberg VP a Possibility
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
Interesting.  I also liked the mention the other day of the Fed Ex CEO as a possible candidate.  Good to think outside the box. 

McCain: Bloomberg VP a Possibility

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 10:47 AM

By: Jim Meyers  Article Font Size   

Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting John McCain praised New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg during a visit to the Big Apple and hinted that Bloomberg could be considered as a possible running mate.

Bloomberg is leaving office next year due to term limits and has been rumored to be mulling a run for governor in New York. Asked about that speculation, McCain told the New York Post:

“Do I think he could serve the state of New York and the country well? Of course.”

When asked about the possibility of Bloomberg, an Independent, running as the GOP’s vice presidential candidate, McCain refused to rule it out, saying: “We don’t talk about our vice-presidential possibilities. But he added: “I appreciate Mayor Bloomberg enormously and the great job he’s done as mayor.”

As Newsmax’s Insider Report disclosed last week, a source close to the mayor told an interviewer that after a recent breakfast meeting between McCain and Bloomberg, the mayor was on McCain’s “short list” for the vice presidential slot.

McCain also had praise for former GOP rival Rudy Giuliani, who endorsed McCain after dropping out as a presidential candidate, and told the Post he would have a role in a McCain administration.

McCain even had nice words to say about Hillary Clinton, noting that she has “reached across the aisle” and worked with McCain on several issues.

But he said Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is promoting a “radical” and “partisan” agenda.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/McCain_Bloomberg_VP/2008/06/11/103549.html

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: McCain: Bloomberg VP a Possibility
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »
F Bloomberg!! He's a tax whore!!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
Doubt it.

Google if you doubt me, he is one of the numerous mega rich that resides in the islands much of the year. Daughters do as well. He lives right next door to Ross Perot actually. They have nice houses to say the least.

When he ran for NY I know he took mega slams just for semi-living here, and some stuff claiming he evaded taxes. As I have said before, the rich islands have no income/sales/business taxes on locals at all, and make our money as 'tax havens' for wealthy foreigners.

Other things that our 'coconut wireless' has to say may make him not ideal for VP, press wise.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 01:04:14 PM »

Other things that our 'coconut wireless' has to say may make him not ideal for VP, press wise.

We'll fix it for him, just like we did for Schwarzenegger.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 01:04:24 PM »
Bloomberg huh?

I might have to change my idea of McCain to "Practical Pandering Whore"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 01:34:32 PM »

Funny.   We call it the coconut wireless here too.   :)