Author Topic: Americans Want Democrats to Control Congress  (Read 1302 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Americans Want Democrats to Control Congress
« on: June 12, 2008, 06:19:39 AM »
Americans Want Democrats to Control Congress
More from the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll:

Americans now prefer that Democrats control Congress by a 19 point margin, 52% to 33%. That number is up four points from two months ago, and is higher than the 15 point margin that Democrats held when we took back control of Congress in the 2006 midterm elections. It's also by far the highest margin for either party in the 13 years of data available from previous polls.
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/WSJ_NBC_SURVEY_June2008.pdf
http://www.politicalwire.com/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Americans Want Democrats to Control Congress
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 06:22:04 AM »
Wow, 52 to 33%.

That means that among republicans, 50% of historical vote, 34% of Republicans don't want Republicans controlling congress.

Speaks volumes.  And since this is the highest margin in the 13 years of this poll, people cannot dismiss this poll, saying "all polls show congress is low".

This poll shows that 1/3 of Republicans don't want their party winning in Congress in Nov.  What does that say?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 06:35:10 AM »
Wow, 52 to 33%.

That means that among republicans, 50% of historical vote, 34% of Republicans don't want Republicans controlling congress.

Speaks volumes.  And since this is the highest margin in the 13 years of this poll, people cannot dismiss this poll, saying "all polls show congress is low".

This poll shows that 1/3 of Republicans don't want their party winning in Congress in Nov.  What does that say?

I wonder what the resident nipple whores will do to spin this.   :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 06:48:18 AM »
U really need to get off the nipple bullshit. I'm a Conservative...if u really want the Dems to take more of ur money and raise taxes go ahead. Idiots!!!!
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:49:55 AM »
U really need to get off the nipple bullshit. I'm a Conservative...if u really want the Dems to take more of ur money and raise taxes go ahead. Idiots!!!!

I never considered you part of the nipple whore list.  You hate Obama, that's for sure, but you don't like mcCain either.  And you admit the war is about oil, something the 'nipple whores' still have a hard time doing, due to the religious conflict that comes from Thou Shall not Steal... except when it comes to Oil.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 06:58:13 AM »
Haha well when they took control they cetainly did not offer up any "change" everyone waited around for those "100" days of change, and I guess they are still waiting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 06:59:40 AM »
Haha well when they took control they cetainly did not offer up any "change" everyone waited around for those "100" days of change, and I guess they are still waiting.

They did enact some war spending bills with actual benchmarks, the first measurement for success we would have seen for our spending.

Bush vetoed them.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 07:04:56 AM »
They did enact some war spending bills with actual benchmarks, the first measurement for success we would have seen for our spending.

Bush vetoed them.

Dude come on. You and a 5th grader would have to know putting a "limit" on money to the war would kill our men and women in Iraq.

That was the dumbest thing they could think of to act on, nothing about social, security, insurance coverage....

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 07:06:21 AM »
HUCKABEE: Even if we lose elections, we should not lose our honor, and that is more important to the Republican Party.

REP. RON PAUL: No! We’ve dug a hole for ourselves and we dug a hole for our party!

We’re losing elections and we’re going down next year if we don’t change it, and it has all to do with foreign policy, and we have to wake up to this fact.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 07:11:13 AM »
Dude come on. You and a 5th grader would have to know putting a "limit" on money to the war would kill our men and women in Iraq.

That was the dumbest thing they could think of to act on, nothing about social, security, insurance coverage....

They didn't LIMIT the money.

They simply wanted NON-BINDING benchmarks to come with the $144 billion that Bush wanted (and was getting).

They wanted simply a RECORD of what the money was being used for.  A simple "We plan to use the $ for these goals, and this way we'll have a record of what the $144 bil was used for, and if it was successful, for when Bush asks for $188 billion in 6 months"

BUSH REJECTED IT.  he wanted zero record, zero goals, zero way of seeing if the money was used correctly.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 07:14:21 AM »
If Ron Paul got it he would see we can't pull out. He would force a solution with Israel and Palestine so we could distance ourselves from that. He might pull support from the House of Saud...I'd be all for that. I'd have voted for him. I would except the fact that he would say he wants to pull out of Iraq, but he would not be able to do so quickly. He would or should be able to do so within a 4 year term. Beyond that, the guy is a Con and would shrink government, restore accountability, shit can all the BS spending.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 07:14:38 AM »

HH6, i in no way consider you a nipple whore.  I respect you as a practical conservative.

Taxes will go up no matter what.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 07:18:30 AM »
I would expect that they will....but if they're going up they need to go up for the stuff we currently need to pay for. I'm not paying for new shit. The list of stuff the Military needs is long and expensive. If we get the right guys running the show in the DOD it won't be bad and we'll get quality. Under Reagan we got thinsg like the HMMWV, the M1, the Apache and the F-16. These were great systems. There is plenty of shiny shit that folks in the DOD will try to buy. We need basic, non sexy shit, like new rifles, new jeeps etc.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
I would expect that they will....but if they're going up they need to go up for the stuff we currently need to pay for. I'm not paying for new shit. The list of stuff the Military needs is long and expensive. If we get the right guys running the show in the DOD it won't be bad and we'll get quality. Under Reagan we got thinsg like the HMMWV, the M1, the Apache and the F-16. These were great systems. There is plenty of shiny shit that folks in the DOD will try to buy. We need basic, non sexy shit, like new rifles, new jeeps etc.

and better pay.