Author Topic: How High Will Gas Have To Be Before You Take the Bus Or Change Jobs?  (Read 3781 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: How High Will Gas Have To Be Before You Take the Bus Or Change Jobs?
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 01:54:15 PM »
thats easy to say... me it doesnt really hurt me..i mean i spend 20 bucks on gaswhen i do use my car but im smoking about 100 bucks of chronic every week and 100 bucks on just going out (at least) ..not to mention dropin a grand here and a grand there at borgata every now and then, but the working class is suffering, they stop using thier money to buy goods then the economy suffers, then my stocks suffer like yours ...
Why did you remove the "I spent a hundred a week on chronic and a grand here and a grand there at Borgata" from the quote befoer saying Valid point? :)

Wrong person.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 01:54:41 PM »
Why did you remove the "I spent a hundred a week on chronic and a grand here and a grand there at Borgata" from the quote befoer saying Valid point? :)

What's up Bigbobs?  Been a while sine I've seen you here.  I assume tax season left you with no disposable time on your hands.  Hopefully you capitalized well this year.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »
What's up Bigbobs?  Been a while sine I've seen you here.  I assume tax season left you with no disposable time on your hands.  Hopefully you capitalized well this year.

Thanks big guy.  And I see you're still pushing the haters' buttons with pics of your lifestyle :)  Good stuff.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »
CQ, why did you quote me and say "wrong person," then add to your post after "wrong person" with something like, "I didn't say that," and then before I could quote and explain you deleted your post, all within a few minutes? :)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2008, 01:59:28 PM »
Why did you remove the "I spend a hundred a week on chronic and a grand here and a grand there at Borgata" from the quote before saying Valid point? :)

I always do that, done it for years, I quote only the part that pertains to what I am saying.

CQ, why did you quote me and say "wrong person," then add to your post after "wrong person" with something like, "I didn't say that," and then before I could quote and explain you deleted your post, all within a few minutes? :)

Misread your post - thought you said I spend a "hundred on chronic"

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2008, 01:59:41 PM »
Thanks big guy.  And I see you're still pushing the haters' buttons with pics of your lifestyle :)  Good stuff.

My motto is simple:  You are never really successful unless there are people who can't stand you.  

lol

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2008, 02:02:47 PM »
 My motto is simple:  You are never really successful unless there are people who can't stand you.  

lol

That was Squadfather's definition too. 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 02:03:32 PM »
I always do that, done it for years, I quote only the part that pertains to what I am saying.

Misread your post - thought you said I spend a "hundred on chronic"

It's all good, I was just bugging you.

Actually the part asking why you deleted a portion of JJ's quote was a shot at his post not yours.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »
That was Squadfather's definition too. 

I guess that shows the statement is invalid.
Ron: "I am lazy."

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »
yeah, my dad told me that same thing, every time that gas prices raise, he goes like, yeah, its only and 8%raise, tomorrow we adjust the prices on our business.
true until it get to expensive for whatever it is you guys do and your customers cant afford to purchase your merchandise

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »
Gas hit $ 4.05 where I live today...

I commute to boston everyday.....70 miles round trip
Right now for gas and parking its $300.00 a month
Geting painful....
Better hope some tool over in the mideast doesn't decide to blow up gas storage tanks in saudi....
Or another Katrina hammering the gulf's refineries
Saw a 'docudrama' just like this a few years ago....
Gas had gone to 4-5 dollars a gallon...then a few terrorist acts....then  a hurricane hit the gulf...disabled a big oil tanker in one of the ports.
Put a big glich in the supply line....gas went to 8-9 dollars a gallon....then gas ran out...then the super markets went empty and so on.
Scary chit.....
And now the chinese food place near me stopped delivering....a pizza place too damn it!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »
I live in the city so I use the subway anyways. When I need a car, I take my brother's altima.

Subway and frequent buses = benefit of living in the city

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »
Gas hit $ 4.05 where I live today...

I commute to boston everyday.....70 miles round trip
Right now for gas and parking its $300.00 a month
Geting painful....
Better hope some tool over in the mideast doesn't decide to blow up gas storage tanks in saudi....
Or another Katrina hammering the gulf's refineries
Saw a 'docudrama' just like this a few years ago....
Gas had gone to 4-5 dollars a gallon...then a few terrorist acts....then  a hurricane hit the gulf...disabled a big oil tanker in one of the ports.
Put a big glich in the supply line....gas went to 8-9 dollars a gallon....then gas ran out...then the super markets went empty and so on.
Scary chit.....
And now the chinese food place near me stopped delivering....a pizza place too damn it!

Scary shit but not even close to reality.  There is enough oil in the world to last decades and we are discovering more all the time.  Europeans have always found a way to build civilizations and endure.  The capitalists and oligarchs just want to milk as much in oil profits as they can.  Also, the growing economics or India and China are definitely having an impact on the demand.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2008, 03:49:51 PM »
Don't forget asshole speculators purposely driving up the price of oil

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2008, 08:10:57 PM »
I'm paying about $4.75 for the premium stuff at pretty much every station I consider going to. I can't fill my tank because every pump shuts off at $75, which is about an 1/8 away from full in my car.
My job pays me .50 per mile, and I turn profit in my car (even being a BMW with an 8 cylinder) with every mile. Every year the gas goes up, the company has to raise it's price it pays per mile to keep people working for them. Last week alone I made $350 in mileage. :D