Author Topic: Buying a new laptop: the macbook  (Read 2473 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: Buying a new laptop: the macbook
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 02:17:53 PM »
I am looking to buy a new laptop.  I have a fairly new one now it is barely a year old if that.  It has a 17" screen.  It is a Toshiba.  I really like it but it is time to buy another one.  I am thinking about the MAC but I am concerned about all the software I have like my CS2 Photoshop, Autosketch, Microsoft Office Pro and a couple others.  Am I going to have o buy all new software or will these go right in.  If they do then no doubt I will buy a new Mac laptop with the 17" screen.  For the gym I was looking at the new Sony Vaio LT desktop with the harddrive and everything built into the floating monitor.  Really cool  I need 13 of them.
hahahahaha sony "vaio" what kind of idiot are you? will you relay your data to VAIO lol...oh lord ...

we mac enthusiasts like to pay extra.

I paid £999 for this purple iMac ten years ago and it still works wonderfully.  It's £10 for the new OS if you know someone...

Are you buying that new flat one the size of a small envelope?  Waaaaaaa

Yeah it is working "wonderfully" for a normal idiot (user) like you because even a 286sx would be enough to get on getbig...try burning a dvdr at 8x while compressing a big wav to mp3 and some other tricks...i wonder if it would still work "wonderfully".

As for your comment of "it's e10 for the new os if you know someone" , i dont get how you claim to love to pay extra but not being able to pay for the os? sounds like you are a broke girl, seems like your ex bf analed you way too much.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 06:23:40 PM »
hahahahaha sony "vaio" what kind of idiot are you? will you relay your data to VAIO lol...oh lord ...

Yeah it is working "wonderfully" for a normal idiot (user) like you because even a 286sx would be enough to get on getbig...try burning a dvdr at 8x while compressing a big wav to mp3 and some other tricks...i wonder if it would still work "wonderfully".

As for your comment of "it's e10 for the new os if you know someone" , i dont get how you claim to love to pay extra but not being able to pay for the os? sounds like you are a broke girl, seems like your ex bf analed you way too much.

hahaha I am the kind of idiot who can get any computer he wants.  hahaha  all I need it for is to check in members and a few other things.  Most of them won't even have internet access.  hahaha you moron.  ANother idiot.  Where do you guys come from.  Give it up dicksucker you aren't good at anything.  hahaahha

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 07:12:35 AM »
yeah, thanks you lot.

I never pretended to be a computer whiz, just a mac lover.  I adore my circa '99 purple iMac.

go shove your sony vaio where it belongs.  (The Sony-Erikkson mobile phone I bought lasted maybe 3 weeks?  They do manage to make half-decent TV's though...

thanks boys.
I didn't actually pay the £10 I suggested to update to the OSX, I just took my nextdoor musician neighbour, the man who knows absolutely everything and who sorted my internet (and the wall you can't break into) out for a nice cheap & cheerful meal,

it's not what you know but who you know...

xxxLinda

>>>back to top of the thread:  I'd buy that macbook now, you must !  You'll love it, that's 101pc certain.  & I'm dreeeeeaming of the right one...   next time I get a big fat commission cheque !

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 09:24:59 AM »
I used to only have MAC's.  I was featured in the 2nd Apple Computer commercial they ever did and I was hooked back then.  But when I was opening my gym on Oahu the group I brought in to manage the business convinced me to go PC.  I would love to only use MAC's but I am not sure all the software I need will work.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 09:49:51 AM »
I am looking to buy a new laptop.  I have a fairly new one now it is barely a year old if that.  It has a 17" screen.  It is a Toshiba.  I really like it but it is time to buy another one.  I am thinking about the MAC but I am concerned about all the software I have like my CS2 Photoshop, Autosketch, Microsoft Office Pro and a couple others.  Am I going to have o buy all new software or will these go right in.  If they do then no doubt I will buy a new Mac laptop with the 17" screen.  For the gym I was looking at the new Sony Vaio LT desktop with the harddrive and everything built into the floating monitor.  Really cool  I need 13 of them.

There are Mac versions of the programs you name and while it is possible with BootCamp to run PC software on the Mac, you may need someone (an experienced Mac user) to help walk you through the process of doing so.  A PC user transitioning to the Mac may not be up to the task of running BootCamp, and installing Windows.  It’s perfectly doable but depends greatly on your facility and comfort with using a computer, installing software, troubleshooting, etc.  The PC programs will not "go right in."  The Mac will have to be configured to run them.

You can read about running PC applications on the Mac here.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html

http://www.apple.com/getamac/faq/

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 09:54:38 AM »
hahaha I am the kind of idiot who can get any computer he wants.  hahaha  all I need it for is to check in members and a few other things.  Most of them won't even have internet access.  hahaha you moron.  ANother idiot.  Where do you guys come from.  Give it up dicksucker you aren't good at anything.  hahaahha

meltdown

are you ever going to open your "gym" hahaha
1 year of lies so far, good job onlyme

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 03:41:29 PM »
meltdown

are you ever going to open your "gym" hahaha
1 year of lies so far, good job onlyme

Hey sweetheart I can't understand you, get your head out of your ass when you talk