Author Topic: Opinions?  (Read 688 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Opinions?
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:57:22 PM »
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 05:01:26 PM »
Bump for BB :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:04:06 PM »
No but things are better now than they were 8 years ago. 

did you see what we just did on mars? 
 ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »
"There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies and statistics"

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »
"There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies and statistics"

Figures don't lie figurers do.

What you got to do, is find figures that support our views.   ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 06:37:13 PM »

Well... it's totally reasonable that poor people would get poorer as the cost of living increases, especially if they insist on staying poor. It's equally reasonable that the rich get richer as they are invested in companies selling more expensive goods.

I wonder if the dems are going to float the idea of increasing min wage... again! I was in "Little Haiti" last month... those (not supposed to use that word on this forum) people were rude, lazy and had no clue what customer service was. People in stores literally wouldn't speak and so on. My girl got pissed! She asked me why they were so rude and I jokingly said they were being paid too much. Raising min wage didn't do anything since they actually are just as poor at $7hr as they were at $5, so making more money didn't actually make them feel any better.

How fkng hard is it to make a burger without onions?! It doesn't require a degree or much special training!! All changing min wage did was give people with crappy jobs more money for performing crappily. It evaded the entire issue of cost of living getting out of control. I mean really?! What brilliant person didn't think paying people more at mcdonalds wouldn't translate into more expensive food? Now these companies are on the television every day trying to sell broke people dollar menu crap.

Maybe Bush will send out some more stimulus checks, LOL! $300 will fill the tank almost 4 times!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 06:41:08 PM »
Well... it's totally reasonable that poor people would get poorer as the cost of living increases, especially if they insist on staying poor. It's equally reasonable that the rich get richer as they are invested in companies selling more expensive goods.

I wonder if the dems are going to float the idea of increasing min wage... again! I was in "Little Haiti" last month... those (not supposed to use that word on this forum) people were rude, lazy and had no clue what customer service was. People in stores literally wouldn't speak and so on. My girl got pissed! She asked me why they were so rude and I jokingly said they were being paid too much. Raising min wage didn't do anything since they actually are just as poor at $7hr as they were at $5, so making more money didn't actually make them feel any better.

How fkng hard is it to make a burger without onions?! It doesn't require a degree or much special training!! All changing min wage did was give people with crappy jobs more money for performing crappily. It evaded the entire issue of cost of living getting out of control. I mean really?! What brilliant person didn't think paying people more at mcdonalds wouldn't translate into more expensive food? Now these companies are on the television every day trying to sell broke people dollar menu crap.

Maybe Bush will send out some more stimulus checks, LOL! $300 will fill the tank almost 4 times!!

You raise some good points, but at the end of the day, $7 is $2 more than $5.  $80 more a work week, $320 more a month.  You'll still be poor as hell, but not as.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 07:32:54 PM »

:-[

pssst: the actual phrase is "Figures don't lie, ...but liars figure"
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »
You raise some good points, but at the end of the day, $7 is $2 more than $5.  $80 more a work week, $320 more a month.  You'll still be poor as hell, but not as.

True but if it's costing you $2 more a gallon at the pump and more for shipped goods, tires, heating, electricity, etc... you can only feel like going in the hole is happening at a slower pace.  :)

Messed up thing is the number of people using credit to fill the gaps so it doesn't 'feel' like they're missing out on anything.