Author Topic: should a bodybuilder be able to dunk a basketball?  (Read 2562 times)

body88

Re: should a bodybuilder be able to dunk a basketball?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 10:49:03 AM »
Yes.. You can't play basketball without conditioning. You also need good functional strength.

I'd say baseball players are the least athletic because baseball is a skill sport more than anything. Otherwise you wouldn't have fat mexicans like Manny Ramirez being one of the best in the sport.

Manny isn't fat or Mexican. This picture was taken recently.

body88

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »
ive never understood why they pay fucking baseball players so much..what does that one baseball player do so much better than a thousand other people that requires giving him so much money?

The MLB generates Billions, hence the players getting monster salaries, since they are the draw for the fans. The NBA is getting there.

body88

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 10:55:31 AM »
NBA players have to be the most athletic.  When you say "football players", you're grouping the offensive linemen who do nothing but shove and fight and run 3 years, to the wide receivers who run 50-yard routes over and over.   Too much variance.

With the NBA, you're exposed and you have to run the court and play O and D. 

Your right, but your forgeting hockey.

Imo:

1a.) Basketball 1b.) Hockey
Football (American) I put it ahead of soccer, because of the brutal nature of the game.
Football (Euro)
Motocross/Supercross
Rugby
Baseball

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »
Too easy.

Professional Basketball players are the most athletic of any major sport.
Air Falcon

body88

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
No...he always just wares a baggy uniform. Trust me, dudes in good shape.

I agree, he works out frequently, and is in great shape. Manny can be seen at the Ritz frequently (he lives there) , and if you saw him in a t shirt and shorts, you would know he spent time in the gym instantly.

body88

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 11:00:30 AM »
I was joking...

And the dude has gotten fat over the years come on.  :P

Not really. Maybe by bb standards, but to the average Joe, he is in Good shape. Don't let the baggy clothes fool you.