Author Topic: ever been to san fran?  (Read 4699 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: ever been to san fran?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 10:20:26 AM »
Blah.. where else do you get a view like this?

I'd take playing on the Bay over what you've shown.

I forgot to mention all the great restaurants here.  You tend to get used to them and take them for granted.  :P

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
 columbo its not a hot city... lots of breeze and ocean air and cloud cover...

bay what part of the city you in

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 10:30:22 AM »
Bay, Re: the weather...

SF is a bit too warm for me... I love the 30's, 40's and 50's... I wear shorts and t-shirts (with maybe a light sweat shirt) to do outdoor cardio in any temperature over 15 or so degrees in winter...

Funny. It's too cold here for me; I actually like Florida better... but if one has to "settle" San Francisco is not a bad place to be.  btw, all of these photos were taken with my camera.  Yes, that's me in the middle kayak.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 10:48:08 AM »
Great pics baygbm, great scenery. Weather seem to be a lot better than here in Holland.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »
Great pics baygbm, great scenery. Weather seem to be a lot better than here in Holland.

We do have cold and foggy days here... but I tend not to take pictures on those days :)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
Bay how are the guys their?
TEAM Nasser

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »

"The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco." - Mark Twain

You can ALWAYS tell the tourists on the Golden Gate Bridge, when they walk around in shorts. Most locals know better- the tourists seem to get off a plane thinking SF will be like Hawaii. Not true. We've had great weather here and there, but overall, if environment is why you move to a city....SF is not the city for you.
And it's very expensive....try finding gas under $4.50 right now (especially at Chevron, Shell or 76). Rent is going to come down with the current market, but that's about the brightest spot on that front.

body88

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »
I love me some Boston!

If you have never had the chance to visit Boston, do it.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 04:23:24 PM »

"The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco." - Mark Twain

You can ALWAYS tell the tourists on the Golden Gate Bridge, when they walk around in shorts. Most locals know better- the tourists seem to get off a plane thinking SF will be like Hawaii.
That was true for us.

For our 10 year anniversary (in July) we planned a trip to Napa/Sonoma and flew into San Fran where we spent our first 2 nights before heading to Sonoma.  All we had packed was stuff for hot weather.  The day we got there was warm enough for me to walk from the hotel to the shopping area in jeans and sandals and a tee-shirt but the next day was cold and we were planning to go to Alcatraz.  We ended up buying sweaters and coats to wear for ONE day from our hotel gift shop..... :-\ 

R

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
That was true for us.

For our 10 year anniversary (in July) we planned a trip to Napa/Sonoma and flew into San Fran where we spent our first 2 nights before heading to Sonoma.  All we had packed was stuff for hot weather.  The day we got there was warm enough for me to walk from the hotel to the shopping area in jeans and sandals and a tee-shirt but the next day was cold and we were planning to go to Alcatraz.  We ended up buying sweaters and coats to wear for ONE day from our hotel gift shop..... :-\ 

If it makes you feel a bit better, know that every tourist does the same thing you did...or that if you go 20min north or south, you'll encounter a drastic change in weather. Not quite Hawaii, but much better than SF.
Nice city, yes. Shitty weather, an enthusiastic YES!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 10:08:13 AM »
i think the weather is ideal in san fran, unless you like to go swimming

never too cold or too hot

i don't know how people can stand the constant humidity in florida

E
E

body88

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »
i think the weather is ideal in san fran, unless you like to go swimming

never too cold or too hot

i don't know how people can stand the constant humidity in florida

E

I agree, I take trips to Miami all the time, but I could never live there.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 06:00:44 AM »
Stopped for 1 day on a layover.went to the new ball park and saw a Giants game.fans were so nice and friendly...it made me sick :P.nothing like NYC or Boston :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 09:55:15 AM »
The humidity in Florida is probably the worse of any state for sure.  I remember walking out of my hotel and as soon as the doors opened my glasses were completely fogged up.  I really don't mind it that much.  I just like the heat.  Hawaii had some days where the humidity is pretty bad too.  But you have to take the good with the bad.  And the goods in Hawaii far far outweigh the bad.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 10:04:39 AM »
Never been to Cali.  I still think they've waiting for me...

Haven't ever been to Paris either and that's an hour or so away from here.

Lived in NY for almost a year and Daytona Fla on the ocean for 9 months too.  Came home to London after living in Toronto then visited Vancouver 3x.  (And India and Egypt and Greece and Portugal and France 5x and Spain many times...

I always so wanted to drive across the border to mexico, but I could never ever do that on my own...

xxxL

no wonder I'm fucked up.  Maybe California would sort me out?

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 05:18:08 PM »
Never been to Cali.  I still think they've waiting for me...

Haven't ever been to Paris either and that's an hour or so away from here.

Lived in NY for almost a year and Daytona Fla on the ocean for 9 months too.  Came home to London after living in Toronto then visited Vancouver 3x.  (And India and Egypt and Greece and Portugal and France 5x and Spain many times...

I always so wanted to drive across the border to mexico, but I could never ever do that on my own...

xxxL

no wonder I'm fucked up.  Maybe California would sort me out?

Better to walk across the border. They have some great supplements in TJ.