Author Topic: A lot of people here downplay genetics and say 'it's just an excuse' but  (Read 5712 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
believe it or not there are people who eat right, train hard and do the right things and make only minimal gains because their genetics don't allow for it....

Discuss....
I hate the State.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
believe it or not there are people who eat right, train hard and do the right things and make only minimal gains because their genetics don't allow for it....

Discuss....

They are called naturals...
HAHA, RON.....

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

There do exist the odd genetic freaks though! ;D
I hate the State.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953

;D

There do exist the odd genetic freaks though! ;D
there are not 5-10 genetic freaks in every gym, though; deicide...    maybe 1 out of every 20 black dudes will be able to be ripped and muscular at the same time naturally... other than that.. your not gonna be big AND ripped naturally...

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
  ;D
 there are not 5-10 genetic freaks in every gym, though; deicide...    maybe 1 out of every 20 black dudes will be able to be ripped and muscular at the same time naturally... other than that.. your not gonna be big AND ripped naturally...
I disagree.  I'm 205, 7%bf, at 5' 7".  Not over 6' and 250lbs, but enough mass, and lean, no drugs.  Most people simply don't have the consistency over time to make great gains for themselves.  Genetics help, but to radically change one's physique, is attainable for everyone.
N

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I disagree.  I'm 205, 7%bf, at 5' 7".  Not over 6' and 250lbs, but enough mass, and lean, no drugs.  Most people simply don't have the consistency over time to make great gains for themselves.  Genetics help, but to radically change one's physique, is attainable for everyone.

Radically change is quite relative...
I hate the State.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Radically change is quite relative...
Gain or lose 40lbs roughly.  Even 30lbs is a drastic change.
N

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Maybe you are putting a bit too much emphasis and focusing on genetics a bit too much. Sure there are some out there with awesome genetics (and before you ask, no that group does not include myself ;D), but anyone can see results.

But what do you mean by "minimal gains"? Like you just can't shed bodyfat? struggle putting on mass?

No doubt about it...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
before and after.  I was 25 years old... 125 pounds at 5 foot 10.  a bone rack.  you can only go so far.  I'm 180 today.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
before and after.  I was 25 years old... 125 pounds at 5 foot 10.  a bone rack.  you can only go so far.  I'm 180 today.
ALL BASS PLAYING
N

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Maybe you are putting a bit too much emphasis and focusing on genetics a bit too much. Sure there are some out there with awesome genetics (and before you ask, no that group does not include myself ;D), but anyone can see results.

But what do you mean by "minimal gains"? Like you just can't shed bodyfat? struggle putting on mass?

I struggled to put on muscle mass and I struggle to srop body fat. I have doubly cursed genetics; possible exception being my legs. This is an older shot and I dropped some fat since then.

I hate the State.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?

at 5'7, you're claiming that you'd be roughly 199 pounds (just doing some quick arithmetic and using chick's estimate of being 4% bf on stage) in contest conditioning. natural.

i believe, good sir, that this would place you amongst the elitest of natural bodybuilders, as i believe many of the "cheaters" in the WNBF step on stage at that size, which is particularly incredible given your height as even the 200 pounders there tend to be more along the lines of 5'10 or so.

so congratulations, you're bigger than the best natural bodybuilders, including the ones who probably aren't actually natural, and within 10 pounds of contest conditioning to boot.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
at 5'7, you're claiming that you'd be roughly 199 pounds (just doing some quick arithmetic and using chick's estimate of being 4% bf on stage) in contest conditioning. natural.

i believe, good sir, that this would place you amongst the elitest of natural bodybuilders, as i believe many of the "cheaters" in the WNBF step on stage at that size, which is particularly incredible given your height as even the 200 pounders there tend to be more along the lines of 5'10 or so.

so congratulations, you're bigger than the best natural bodybuilders, including the ones who probably aren't actually natural, and within 10 pounds of contest conditioning to boot.

lol, interesting...

He must be a damn good natty, or damn good at giving getbig stats :-\
No doubt about it...

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
lol, interesting...

He must be a damn good natty, or damn good at giving getbig stats :-\

I choose the latter. 

Even though we know what he looks like he will not post a recent pic of his superb genetics.  Why do they own themselves?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I choose the latter. 

Even though we know what he looks like he will not post a recent pic of his superb genetics.  Why do they own themselves?

I have the worst BB genetics on getbig.
I hate the State.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
I have the worst BB genetics on getbig.

I doubt that..... but you don't claim 7% year round conditioning at 200 lbs natural.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I doubt that..... but you don't claim 7% year round conditioning at 200 lbs natural.

Dude, I have never even seen my abs and I would bet I DO have the worst genetics of anyone here.
I hate the State.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

He's probably more along the lines of 12%.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
He's probably more along the lines of 12%.

Doesn't sound natural.
I hate the State.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Doesn't sound natural.

Which indeed is still very, very good for a drug free guy.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Dude, I have never even seen my abs and I would bet I DO have the worst genetics of anyone here.
I bet I got you beat in the shitty genetics department,and seeing your abs is a matter of dedication to your diet,has nothing to do with genetics at all.

If a person is natural or clean,he has to train hard and be consistant as well as eat right and never miss a meal,that is taking into account that he wants to look his best and not just decent.

Most don`t do this and then they bitch about it.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV

This is true, most people don't have the consistency to make changes, drugs or not.

Genetics make the difference in structure and in some cases ability to gain muscle mass or get ripped. If anyone has seen Jay Cutler's pics after 5 years training - there is no way anyone could look like that after 5 years unless they had freaky genetics no matter what quantity of drugs they took.

bigmc

• Getbig V

he admitted he used to take steroids

so he is not natural

end of argument
T

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
::) ::)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Perhaps Croatch is bitter that when he was juicing his head off, he never saw any good results :-\
No doubt about it...