Author Topic: Elian Gonzalez joins Cuba's youth Communists  (Read 686 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Elian Gonzalez joins Cuba's youth Communists
« on: June 15, 2008, 11:40:12 AM »
So we go through all that trouble for this kid and he still turns out to be a commie?  Ingrate. 

Elian Gonzalez joins Cuba's youth Communists   

HAVANA, Cuba (AP) -- The Cuban boy at the center of an international custody battle eight years ago has joined Cuba's Young Communist Union.

Elian Gonzalez said he will never let down ex-President Fidel Castro and his brother Raul Castro, according to the Communist youth newspaper Juventud Rebelde.

Raul Castro succeeded Fidel as president earlier this year.

Now 14, Elian was 6 when his relatives in Miami, Florida, lost their fight to keep him in the United States and he was returned to Cuba in mid-2000 with his father.

Elian had survived a boating accident off the Florida coast that killed his mother, who was attempting to get to the U.S.

Juventud Rebelde says in its Sunday edition that the boy was among 18,000 people who joined the group Saturday.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/06/15/gonzalez.ap/index.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Elian Gonzalez joins Cuba's youth Communists
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »
So we go through all that trouble for this kid and he still turns out to be a commie?  Ingrate. 

I'm pretty sure he wasn't a commie when the ATF pointed MP5s at him at age 6

He's a poster boy for Cuba now.  He and his family are rich.  They'll put any position/title on him the govt wants.  He's a propaganda tool now.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 01:10:07 PM »

He's a poster boy for Cuba now.  He and his family are rich.  They'll put any position/title on him the govt wants.  He's a propaganda tool now.

Exactly.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »

Pretty sad isn't it. at the same time the Elian Gonsalez thing was going on, there was a similar story of a little girl also in Florida, whose mother came to the US illegally from Haiti with her newborn daughter. A few years after arriving in the USA, the little girls mother died. Her father in Haiti had previously died, and the US government wanted to deport this little 7 yr old girl back to Haiti, where she had no family members whatsoever, or anyone to care for her. She did not even speak French. The little girl was raised here, went to school here, and had relatives here who were US citizens who wanted to adopt and raise her. She was in school and at the top of her class, ...but the government wanted to send her back. I guess there was no political currency to be had accepting a citizen of Haiti. Elian Gonzalez on the other hand, was abducted by his mother, taken to another country with neither his father's knowledge nor consent, his mother dies, he has a father who loves him and wants him back, ...yet the government attempted to act on the side of a child trafficker? ...attempted to support the essential kidnapping of a child for political currency. That was pathetic. And when the government finally decided to do the right thing, his relatives in Miami should not have responded the way they did. It should never have gone down the way it did.  :'(
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »
Pretty sad isn't it. at the same time the Elian Gonsalez thing was going on, there was a similar story of a little girl also in Florida, whose mother came to the US illegally from Haiti with her newborn daughter. A few years after arriving in the USA, the little girls mother died. Her father in Haiti had previously died, and the US government wanted to deport this little 7 yr old girl back to Haiti, where she had no family members whatsoever, or anyone to care for her. She did not even speak French. The little girl was raised here, went to school here, and had relatives here who were US citizens who wanted to adopt and raise her. She was in school and at the top of her class, ...but the government wanted to send her back. I guess there was no political currency to be had accepting a citizen of Haiti. Elian Gonzalez on the other hand, was abducted by his mother, taken to another country with neither his father's knowledge nor consent, his mother dies, he has a father who loves him and wants him back, ...yet the government attempted to act on the side of a child trafficker? ...attempted to support the essential kidnapping of a child for political currency. That was pathetic. And when the government finally decided to do the right thing, his relatives in Miami should not have responded the way they did. It should never have gone down the way it did.  :'(

People from Haiti are black, Judi.

No one cares. :)