Author Topic: McCain: "It can be tough to be Proud of the USA"  (Read 931 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
McCain: "It can be tough to be Proud of the USA"
« on: June 15, 2008, 04:57:06 PM »
Well, I await the media firestorm over this! Michelle Obama said it's the first time she is really proud and that causes an uproar. Wonder if people will so get so mad about this? Wow, so hard to decide on that. For the record, I found no fault with Obama's comment and quite frankly find nothing wrong with what McCain is saying here.

LINK

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate John McCain admitted on Saturday it can be difficult at times to be proud of the United States.

“I’ll admit to you … that it’s tough in some respects,” McCain said when asked by a questioner at a town hall meeting how to be proud of the country.

“We have not always done things right and we mismanaged the war in Iraq very badly for nearly four years.”

McCain’s wife, Cindy, pounced on Michelle Obama, the wife of presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama, for saying in February that she was proud of her country “for the first time in my adult life.”

The Arizona senator said it was important for the United States to be more humble and inclusive.

“I think we can be proud of America because of what we’ve achieved and accomplished in this world,” he said.

“What we have to do is tell our friends around the world that we will be proud of America because of what we’re going to do.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: McCain: "It can be tough to be Proud of the USA"
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 05:01:42 PM »
Cue everyone who attacked Michelle Obama to attack Mccain.

beach Bum, you go first.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 05:08:52 PM »
Why were people so upset with Michelle Obama?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 08:06:20 PM »
CQ,

You're all about this McCain tech issue...  I think it's relevant here.

he majorly misspoke here, sure.   But I think anyone who has followed this campaign knows that you always answer you are 100% of the USA, thanks to the michelle obama statement that had her in hot water.

I'm wondering if mccain - whose propensity for ignoring all things tech - wasn't abreast of the news, scandals, and backlash that obama received for it.  Otherwise he would have KNOWN you never say you're not proud, you don't make that mistake she did.

I'm guessing he wasn't aware of what the public feels about being proud.  I'm guessing it mighe be because he's not connected to the online world, where one learns a great deal, very quickly.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 08:11:41 PM »
Poor daffy old fart. He shudda used the google.  ;D
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 08:14:20 PM »
The more I see of Michelle Obama the more I like her

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 01:31:39 AM »
CQ,

You're all about this McCain tech issue...  I think it's relevant here.

he majorly misspoke here, sure.   But I think anyone who has followed this campaign knows that you always answer you are 100% of the USA, thanks to the michelle obama statement that had her in hot water.

I'm wondering if mccain - whose propensity for ignoring all things tech - wasn't abreast of the news, scandals, and backlash that obama received for it.  Otherwise he would have KNOWN you never say you're not proud, you don't make that mistake she did.

I'm guessing he wasn't aware of what the public feels about being proud.  I'm guessing it mighe be because he's not connected to the online world, where one learns a great deal, very quickly.

The tech issues matters - mostly it shows a refusal and interest to learn vital things. Computers are the most important and used development in the last 2 decades, for someone to ignore that for years speaks volumes.

A campaign error. The Obama's have little to slam [McCains have a bucket load] and he just removed the 'proud' comment as ammo, and it's not like Michelle has adultery, drug addiction, stealing from charity etc to slam. 'Proud" was the only upfront stuff they had. Very dumb to say that, considering any fool following the election knows she tooks slams. And I recall his junkie adulterer wife screaming to a crowd on TV about Michelle's comment. Maybe McCain should learn to use "the google" ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 08:30:34 AM »
Weird that Beach Bum has viewed this thread but won't respond.

He was very critical of Michelle obama because she's only proud now.

McCain, on the other hand, finds it tough to be proud NOW - and he wants to be president?

Raise your hand if you want a president who is ashamed of America.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 03:56:41 AM »
Weird that Beach Bum has viewed this thread but won't respond.

He was very critical of Michelle obama because she's only proud now.

McCain, on the other hand, finds it tough to be proud NOW - and he wants to be president?

Raise your hand if you want a president who is ashamed of America.

- = CRICKETS = -

It's been two days, ...and the neocon contingent haven't said a word.
I guess that means they'll all be voting Obama in November.  :P   And yes, I mean you too HH6  :-*
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 04:03:34 AM »
Beach Bum,

you wouldn't stop talking about how f'ked up it was when michelle said it.

suddenly you're quiet.  What's up with that?  Aren't you proud of mccain?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 04:08:30 AM »
So......when a candidate's wife says she is really proud of her country now thats terrible.

But when the candidate says he find it really tough to be proud of the USA this very moment...that's fine

Someone help me with this logic?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 04:10:07 AM »
So......when a candidate's wife says she is really proud of her country now thats terrible.

But when the candidate says he find it really tough to be proud of the USA this very moment...that's fine

Someone help me with this logic?

Mccain isn't proud of America.  it's that simple.  HH6, you're a soldier, what does this comment make you think?