Author Topic: Q for Bob Chic  (Read 4902 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Q for Bob Chic
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 09:06:02 PM »
show some friggin respect for bob chick--hes an ifbb pro
w

BBody81

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 09:10:42 PM »
I seriously don't get you guys.  You should believe and listen to Bob.  He's spent his whole life in this industry.  This is his job. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 09:21:47 PM »
No, not all, because I wouldn't dispute that advertising constantly flirts with being false advertising. I don't doubt that they use supermodels and women with multiple facelifts to push expensive creams. I don't doubt that people who've had lipo and gastric bands try to market their fatloss as being the result of a certain 'system' or useless machine.

No, my point was simply that bbing.com would not want to promote a film that demonstrates that the supplement industry is a scam that uses heavy drug users to promote essentially worthless potions and snake oils.

Bob did not disagree. In fact, he readily agreed and indeed stated that this is exactly why his employers would not want to sell the film. Bob's answer is that advertising is a shitty business , he agrees that full on drug users are used to exploit the naivety of skinny-fats.

We actually both agree with each other  ;)

Actually...we don't.

Just because someone puts together a documentry, doesn't make what they put out there true. There are different sides to every story, and different views.

And I said nothing of what you wrote....don't quote me unless you get the facts of what I said.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 10:36:20 PM »
Nobody could quote you English Please.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 06:12:44 AM »
Dear Bob,

At no point did you question the veracity of what I typed - that has only come in retrospect once you realised that ,like Beoving, you'd managed to undermine the efficacy of the very supplements you plug.

Rather, you did agree by your response that this is how advertising works and the way of the world (and I agreed). If you had said 'no, the supplement industry does not use major league drug addicts with more holes in them than grandma's pin cushion to sell worthless fart powders' ..then that would be disagreeing. You didn't, in fact you pointed to other industries using similar deceptions to sell their products as a justification for your own role in the supplement scam.

The issue isn't really about the film. It's about the fact that I said the supplement industry uses people who built their bodies using drugs to try to convince the naive that they did so by using a certain product (usually expensive and worthless)..at NO POINT have you disagreed with this. In fact , I repeat, you justify this by pointing to the fact that it is not only the supplement industry that does this sort of thing.

Ergo, we agree  :)
O

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 06:32:47 AM »
Dear Bob,

At no point did you question the veracity of what I typed - that has only come in retrospect once you realised that ,like Beoving, you'd managed to undermine the efficacy of the very supplements you plug.

Rather, you did agree by your response that this is how advertising works and the way of the world (and I agreed). If you had said 'no, the supplement industry does not use major league drug addicts with more holes in them than grandma's pin cushion to sell worthless fart powders' ..then that would be disagreeing. You didn't, in fact you pointed to other industries using similar deceptions to sell their products as a justification for your own role in the supplement scam.

The issue isn't really about the film. It's about the fact that I said the supplement industry uses people who built their bodies using drugs to try to convince the naive that they did so by using a certain product (usually expensive and worthless)..at NO POINT have you disagreed with this. In fact , I repeat, you justify this by pointing to the fact that it is not only the supplement industry that does this sort of thing.

Ergo, we agree  :)

I've underminded nothing...I've never talked about thei eficiency, or my opinion of them as a whole...you did.

Obviously, you still don't get how advertising works....and you're absolutely astonished that supp companies would use pro BBers to advertise their products....WOW, what a revelation....and they use super models to promote and advertise hair products/ makeup, etc....

Ergo...you're a fool

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 06:44:30 AM »
I've underminded nothing...I've never talked about thei eficiency, or my opinion of them as a whole...you did.

Obviously, you still don't get how advertising works....and you're absolutely astonished that supp companies would use pro BBers to advertise their products....WOW, what a revelation....and they use super models to promote and advertise hair products/ makeup, etc....

Ergo...you're a fool

Bob, how big do you think you would have competed at at your biggest had you never touched any Anabolic Steroids,Gh or Insulin?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 06:47:27 AM »
I've underminded nothing

I'm sorry? 'underminded' is not a word. However, I know what you mean  :)

..I've never talked about thei eficiency,

Efficacy is what I said.

Ergo...you're a fool

No, you see this is what you don't seem to understand: we agree about advertising. Your appeal to super models etc simply copies my example and reinforces the point. You don't question the scam, you simply appeal to other industries that do it. Your whole justification is not 'no, the supps are great' ..it's merely to point to other companies that do similar practices.

If you're going to call someone a fool at least have the decency to provide them with a moderately competent level of spelling and have some basic understanding of the implications of what you type.   
O

ja351

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 06:50:04 AM »
Doubt it...why would we?

which part of WE do you have no part of?  bb.com will sell there own mothers if it made $$$

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 06:53:01 AM »
Here...I'll break it down for you real simple...YOU think supplements are a scam...I dont.

Having pro's represent companies and their products, don't make the products more/ less effective...

No one claims there aren't other factors involved in attaining an award winning physique....supp companies are selling THEIR product, it's up to the customer to add in the training , dieting, etc....

ja351

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 06:55:34 AM »
Here...I'll break it down for you real simple...YOU think supplements are a scam...I dont.

Having pro's represent companies and their products, don't make the products more/ less effective...

No one claims there aren't other factors involved in attaining an award winning physique....supp companies are selling THEIR product, it's up to the customer to add in the training , dieting, etc....

Why do you think Boving go the can? did he say to much?

ja351

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 06:57:25 AM »
notice how i was between a CHICK.......more than you other getbig homo's have ever achieved

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 07:14:52 AM »

I don't think they're all a 'scam'. I think the majority are junk and the ones that are reasonably effective are vastly overhyped and overpriced. I would say that as far as industries go it's one of the worst and most misleading.

Well, I would agree to a large extent. However, one must obviously be sceptical when someone injecting large amounts of AAS,HGH,insulin, often synthol ..is claiming that their physique is largely the result of whatever product it is they're plugging. It means that one can gauge nothing of said product's efficacy. The pro is at best irrelevant to it..and at worst, deliberately misleading.

Yes, well here's the rub..it's the importance of the 'other factors' and the (minimal to nonexistent) role of the product that is the issue. Obviously, most of us training for some time have come to realize the real products that produce 'steroid like gains' - steroids themselves - but there are genuinely gullible and naive people who will assume that the product played a large role in building that pro physique - in fact, we know they often never even take it.

Now, your answer is 'that's advertising.. welcome to the world.. companies all do it'   Again..I would agree with you to a large extent.  There was a case of a women plugging some Clinque anti-ageing cream who had had two facelifts. Then there is the airbrushing of pictures...etc.

But this does not change the fact that this is a very shitty business that is extracting millions of dollars from people who, at this stage, do not fully understand the importance of the drug cocktails
in building massive physiques. I guess you're with Boeving on this : they should know better and if they don't realize the importance of AAS in building that body, they're stupid...And we all know that a fool and his money are easily parted.
O

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 07:19:08 AM »

Any reason why you are avoiding my question,Bob?

Bob, how big do you think you would have competed at at your biggest had you never touched any Anabolic Steroids,Gh or Insulin?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 07:37:09 AM »
chic,i don't recall over your bbing career if u ever promoted a supplement for a company?like say muscletech or a top brand.