Author Topic: Winnie the Pooh and Obama, Too  (Read 1519 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Winnie the Pooh and Obama, Too
« on: June 17, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »
Proof that this guy is truely an idiot..................m y god we're fucked.

Will Obama's White House be Pooh Corner? Apparently, our potential president and his foreign policy advisers will implement the Winnie the Pooh Doctrine:

Richard Danzig, who served as Navy Secretary under President Clinton and is tipped to become National Security Adviser in an Obama White House, told a major foreign policy conference in Washington that the future of US strategy in the war on terrorism should follow a lesson from the pages of Winnie the Pooh, which can be shortened to: if it is causing you too much pain, try something else...

Danzig spelt out the need to change by reading a paragraph from chapter one of the children’s classic, which says: “Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming down stairs. But sometimes he thinks there really is another way if only he could stop bumping a minute and think about it.”

Hot Air's Allahpundit asks, "Exit question: If it stops causing you much pain, is it safe to stick with it?"

No, it's not. Blogger Jon at Exurban League says, "We live in a world of medieval fascists who promise to rain destruction upon us and our allies. Rogue regimes rapidly acquiring nuclear weaponry. Unstable governments who could turn against us overnight. And the Democratic administration in waiting is talking about Hunny Pots and Heffalumps?" And Townhall's Carol Platt Liebau adds, "Well, let's just hope that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is as charmed by the philosophy of the 'little cuddly all stuffed with fluffies' as the Obama team is."

NRO's Jim Geraghty says that Obama "would be wise to articulate a national security policy that relied more on personal meetings with Gen. David Petraeus and less on reading Winnie the Pooh." And at Contentions, Jennifer Rubin adds that he should "get rid of advisors who make people wonder if he is really ready to sit at the grown-up’s table." But I, for one, will sleep more soundly knowing that the Obama administration would base security decisions on a children's story about stuffed animals.

L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Winnie the Pooh and Obama, Too
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 03:54:17 PM »
Your article quotes a lot of bloggers.  Not sure they're the most reliable source ;)

Also, the lesson "if it is causing you too much pain, try something else..." isn't exactly a bad one.

if Bush had realized we were losing a lot of men because we didn't have enough forces, and made CHANGES to policy - like doing the surge 3 years earlier - we could have saved a lot of american lives.

I guess plowing into a brick wall when there's a window 2 feet away is the way to go...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »
He said it..i just posted some of the more telling remarks about it...Obama's dream team of military folks sucks.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »
He said it..i just posted some of the more telling remarks about it...Obama's dream team of military folks sucks.

You've said it yourself that bush should have sent in more troops in teh beginning right?

Had he jumped troop levels when we started losing men - done the surge in 04 or 05 - we'd have WON by today and we would have lost less men.  If bush had "tried somethign else" the war would be won today.

lots of reasons to shit on obama... but "he will adapt when things aren't working" sure ain't one of them.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 04:27:18 PM »
Obama didn't back the surge...no military genius on the dem side thought to surge troops. P4 looked at the problem....called in experts in a wide variety of fileds and figured it out. Given the poor track record of Western military powers conducting COIN operations over the last 50 years or so...we've done a great job. But i would never expect the MTV generation to be grounded in military history or tactics.
L

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »
would you say iraq has been a successful campaign, HH6?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 04:34:43 PM »
The surge = inventing a really cool dustpan to fix the expensive vase you just broke.

They only need the surge because Bush and friends didn't manage war right for the first 4 years.

it's pathetic to be all proud of nothign more than the correct solution, 4 years and 4000 lives late...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 04:38:24 PM »
would you say iraq has been a successful campaign, HH6?

We're not finished....as of right now. the surge has worked, we realized very quickly what we had to do. If u have any grasp of either COIN operations or US military history, we reacted pretty fast and turned things around. This is not like any other fight that the US has been involed in. There are some similarities to Vietnam but the major facts differ. Also the politics come into the war like non other we've faced.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »
We're not finished....as of right now. 

Well it took the brilliant brains of the military 3 years to figure out they needed a surge.

And as of 5 years, you still aren't finished.

sorry if after 4000 dead, trillions in debt I don't share anyones optimism about the Iraq war.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 04:42:56 PM »
We're not finished....as of right now. the surge has worked, we realized very quickly what we had to do. If u have any grasp of either COIN operations or US military history, we reacted pretty fast and turned things around. This is not like any other fight that the US has been involed in. There are some similarities to Vietnam but the major facts differ. Also the politics come into the war like non other we've faced.

several years is not 'very quickly' lol. it is a catastrophically tragically long time. but i agree about the politics part, they have certainly interfered immensely in every aspect and have made it difficult to conduct things they way they needed to have been done.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 04:44:30 PM »
several years is not 'very quickly' lol. it is a catastrophically tragically long time. but i agree about the politics part, they have certainly interfered immensely in every aspect and have made it difficult to conduct things they way they needed to have been done.
Yeah, politics was a problem.  the first three years of the war the repubs gave the nipple whores control of the house, senate and presidency.

And they still couldn't get it done.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »
At least now, the nipples whores, who are mostly idiots or fanatics came blame the dems for the last 2 years and in the end it will somehow be Clinton's fault.

All nipple whores should get handi cap stickers put on the cars and on their ID's.  They should be given a card that they are required to show anyone they meet for the first time.

It should read something like:

Please excuse my ignorance.  I am not capable of any thought of my own.  I have been brainwashed to label anyone with views opposing my programming as haters of America and potential terrorists or a terrorist sympathizer.   I am incapable of seeing past "you are either with us or against us".  Basically i am a stupid person.  If you can prove to me you are not a terrorist then you are certainly a liberal which is close to the same thing.  All liberals don't want to work and want everything for free. And they all hate america.  Ann Coulter is my man.   That's what i was told to believe.  Mike Savage is a demi-God.  Rush is a demi-God.  What they say is as good as the word of God.  They have taught me to have righteousness in my hate towards anyone who is different than me.  WWF is the example of how my programmers taught me to live my life which is to solve my problems through violence.  So excuse me if i come across as stupid as i do.  I can't help it.  It's all Clinton's fault.  I love BUSH's left nipple the best.

PS:   I am in such denial about how FVCKED UP this country is after 8 years of BUSH that i'll do anything to make OBama look worse than the pander whore who'll I'll vote for in november.

I think this might be help things along a bit in our country.

PS:  this wasn't directed at you HH6.   :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 07:25:02 AM »

Yes Dumbass in COIN ops this is pretty damm quick...but in ur vastttttttttttttttttt military experience, i guess u would have thought of it much sooner. This ain't a video game.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 07:29:09 AM »
Yes Dumbass in COIN ops this is pretty damm quick...but in ur vastttttttttttttttttt military experience, i guess u would have thought of it much sooner. This ain't a video game.
It's no video game and it certainly is no poster child for the barest competency expected from the most powerful nation on earth.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 07:37:01 AM »
We kicked the shit out of them twice in 10 years....invading and then fighting an insurgency are two different things.
L

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 07:44:22 AM »
This is part of the problem IMO, many are too focused on the mistakes of the past.  We must concern ourself with solutions from this day forward.  The vast majority of us know that the Bush administration made major mistakes with regards to Iraq...move on so we can focus on continued improvement in the region and stabilizing things enough so we can draw down troops and spend less taxpayer $ over there.

The comments from the Obama National security advisor is at very least concerning.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »
Good post....
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 07:59:41 AM »
We kicked the shit out of them twice in 10 years....invading and then fighting an insurgency are two different things.
Invasion and occupation are two different things.  America v. Iraq:  It's like Tyson punching out Stephen Hawking.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 08:03:38 AM »
This is part of the problem IMO, many are too focused on the mistakes of the past.  We must concern ourself with solutions from this day forward.  The vast majority of us know that the Bush administration made major mistakes with regards to Iraq...move on so we can focus on continued improvement in the region and stabilizing things enough so we can draw down troops and spend less taxpayer $ over there.

The comments from the Obama National security advisor is at very least concerning.
I disagree.  The past mistakes should be addressed and rectified.  Burying them with a positive 'move on, can do' attitude will not eliminate the injustice of the endeavor. 

Does anyone really believe that the ongoing occupation of Iraq is in our country's best interest?  We've beaten them, killed them, humiliated them, and robbed them.  And we wonder why the hell the world despises us.  "It's just those extremists again attacking our boys!"

We make an example out of this administration and its failed Iraq policy, maybe the next CIC will think twice before lying his country into war.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 08:06:46 AM »
U guys love beating "the world dispises us" crap...makes u feel good about ur position. The world..those that count wish they could do what we do..and are desperatley trying to get there.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 08:29:01 AM »
U guys love beating "the world dispises us" crap...makes u feel good about ur position. The world..those that count wish they could do what we do..and are desperatley trying to get there.
I hate our reputation thanks to Bush et al.

The tens of thousands of deaths...someone's accountable.

It just cannot be one big WHOOPSIE. 

"Sorry for the mistaken invasion but now that we're here...we're stayin'!"

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »
i dont understand how someone who is supposedly vastly experienced in matters of war can believe this- taking 3 years to figure out a strategy to solve a basic matter which should have been expected and prepared for in advance is impressively quick to you?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 01:17:56 PM »
Basic..basic...wow...ur an idiot but u know what why don't u come up here and lecture the COIN guys on how to fight this war.
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 01:34:02 PM »

damn i thought there was going to be a yes or no