Author Topic: Breakng news- Bush just called on congress to lift the offshore oil drilling ban  (Read 1284 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Just 3 hours after McCain says it, Bush comes out and says the exact same thing.

Bush just called on congress to lift the offshore oil drilling ban

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-06-17-voa34.cfm

Iran's president could very well be right.  I have no problem believing that the oil companies, our gov't, etc are fucking us on oil.  So many gov't entities are investing their employees' 401k in oil right now.  Makes you wonder...
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hannity repeating Dick Cheney:  "China is now drilling oil off the coast of Cuba"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
What is it with Republicans who just keep repeating the same f'ng LIE over and over again:

"Vice President Dick Cheney's office acknowledged on Thursday that he was mistaken when he asserted that China, at Cuba's behest, is drilling for oil in waters 60 miles from the Florida coast"

He cited his source as columnist George Will, who last week wrote: "Drilling is under way 60 miles off Florida.

George Will retracted his statement but Morons in the right wing echo chamber keep repeating it anyway.   

They must think their constintuents are really stupid:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/16/AR2008061602041_2.html

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hwl7MBs14OAtZbu1YJe8l-X7O8vAD91906B80

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
The way the media keeps reporting that "China and Cuba are drilling being off Florida's waters" seems kinda weird, some reports I've read.

It's Cubano territorial waters, about 30 miles off Cuba. They own the waters. Seems like media is trying subtly to make it out like something it's not.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Cool, this will come right on time to help us in about 40 years.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-06-17-voa34.cfm

Iran's president could very well be right.  I have no problem believing that the oil companies, our gov't, etc are fucking us on oil.  So many gov't entities are investing their employees' 401k in oil right now.  Makes you wonder...
did you just say what I think you said :o

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
did you just say what I think you said :o
What?  That I think the oil companies and very well the US gov't is fucking us...yes, I am.  There is no reason gas went up so much in a month other than we are getting fucked to help the oil companies.  The Saudi's didn't care before but now they are in a panic because people are going to look to cut down on gas anyway they can.  The Dems and Repubs alike do not give a shit.  They have tons of money and are secure for life. 
Squishy face retard

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Iranian and most of the OPEC oil is nationalized.

The big 4 (BP,Shell,EXXON.Chevron) have little power over the oil market since the Cartel started.

Why do you think Hugo want so nationalize Venezuela so bad.

If the American dollar didn't fall so much, commodity prices wouldn't have moved. Blame the speculators and the regulators.
Z

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Its easy to blame the big bad oil companies (which many American's own stock in) but the issue is much more broad.  American Oil companies don't determine worldwide prices.

Part of the reason is the falling dollar, as oil prices are based on the dollar.  Part of the reason is increased demand from all over the world.  Part of the reason probably has something to do with us in Iraq...somehow.
Oil company profits are well publicized and I believe they are approx 10%...compared to microsoft, which profits at least 25%.  American Oil companies employ great #s of people.  I believe its necessary for the federal gov to double check the oil companies to make sure there's nothing going on to hurt oil prices, but I its unlikely we'll find much.

Drilling and exploration will help drive down the price in the short term because the price is somewhat determined by market reaction.  It will not take 5-10 yrs for the oil to help us.  It may take a couple yrs but 5-10yrs is quoted by the people who are against drilling and know little about the process.  Still, it makes sense to be proactive going forward.  Its only part of what we need to do but we have to look at this from multiple angles.  Strengthening the dollar will also bring down oil prices (we have to print less $ and slowly raise rates again).  Better vehicle emissions are needed as well.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Just 3 hours after McCain says it, Bush comes out and says the exact same thing.

Bush just called on congress to lift the offshore oil drilling ban

for once the prez makes sence
carpe` vaginum!

Decker

• Getbig V
Its easy to blame the big bad oil companies (which many American's own stock in) but the issue is much more broad.  American Oil companies don't determine worldwide prices.

Part of the reason is the falling dollar, as oil prices are based on the dollar.  Part of the reason is increased demand from all over the world.  Part of the reason probably has something to do with us in Iraq...somehow.
Oil company profits are well publicized and I believe they are approx 10%...compared to microsoft, which profits at least 25%.  American Oil companies employ great #s of people.

Drilling and exploration will help drive down the price in the short term because the price is somewhat determined by market reaction.  It will not take 5-10 yrs for the oil to help us.  It may take a couple yrs but 5-10yrs is quoted by the people who are against drilling and know little about the process.  Still, it makes sense to be proactive going forward.  Its only part of what we need to do but we have to look at this from multiple angles.  Strengthening the dollar will also bring down oil prices (we have to print less $ and slowly raise rates again).  Better vehicle emissions are needed as well.
How much governmental subsidy does Microsoft get?  The oil industry gets around $39 billion annually.  http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0118/p01s01-usec.html

Internal memos from Chevron and Texaco from the mid 1990s show that the companies wanted to reduce the number of refineries to drive up costs and profits.

Looks like they are playing the system...and the american taxpayers for fools.