Author Topic: Boston Celtics World Champs!!!!  (Read 3640 times)

body88

Boston Celtics World Champs!!!!
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:05:32 PM »
I jus got back from Cosway, what a game, and what a win! Not more doubts on who the best team in the NBA is. That was a beatdown for the ages, and it sure made Odem put that wagging tongue back in his mouth! I thought it would go seven, bit I'll take it in six!

The truth got to show what he is made of on the national stage, and now people can see why he was the most underrated player in the NBA for years. Credit to the lakers, they had a hell of a year, and they did the best they could. Shout out to Ray Allen for coming up huge in this series as well...

Now I have to go to bed, then try and get up for work in 5 hours!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Boston Celtics World Champs!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:07:33 PM »

Congrats, Boston.

What a shitty series...6 shitty games.

Thanks to both teams.  ::)

body88

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:10:01 PM »
Congrats, Boston.

What a shitty series...6 shitty games.

Thanks to both teams.  ::)

The Celtics played shitty tonight? They won by forty points!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »
The Celtics played shitty tonight? They won by forty points!

I called it when they held the press conference. Danny Ainge deserves a raise and also a big round of applause... Glad to see Doc get his first ring as head coach. He did a hell of a job molding those guys into team players instead of superstars...

body88

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 10:34:48 PM »
I called it when they held the press conference. Danny Ainge deserves a raise and also a big round of applause... Glad to see Doc get his first ring as head coach. He did a hell of a job molding those guys into team players instead of superstars...

Yes, yes you did... Congrats man, this was an epic win!! They shut all the haters up tonight - ( NY Post), and they dropped the hammer on the lakers.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 10:39:38 PM »
Yes, yes you did... Congrats man, this was an epic win!! They shut all the haters up tonight - ( NY Post), and they dropped the hammer on the lakers.

For the record I will never be a fan of anyone other then my bulls and bears, but this team really showed that they deserved this championship. I mean they had a bad showing against the hawks, but Damn this team can play....

body88

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »
For the record I will never be a fan of anyone other then my bulls and bears, but this team really showed that they deserved this championship. I mean they had a bad showing against the hawks, but Damn this team can play....

That's cool, at least you wont hear the Kobe / MJ comparisons for awhile. Man this is so sweet, I was only a young guy when they won it last in 86.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 11:00:26 PM »
That's cool, at least you wont hear the Kobe / MJ comparisons for awhile.

AMEN to that!

I got so tired of that shit...and it was still going on when the Lakers were down 3-1! 

I have to wonder if they're finally off his nuts. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
congratulations to the celtics and KG

shitty the lakers lost, thought it could have went 7

it's unbelievable phil jackson couldn't have come up with a better game plan for this series. I can atleast appreciate KG winning a championship, too bad it was with the celtics  :-*  ;D

Purge_WTF

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 12:02:57 AM »
  Good time to be a New England sports fan.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 04:25:55 AM »
Does this prove once and for all that Bryant's biggest weakness is not being coachable?

Oki_Rej

• Getbig II
  • "I didn't work this hard to stay where I belong"
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 05:37:02 AM »

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 07:13:09 AM »
What an incredible year by the Celtics. I was a doubter once they played the Pistons and I even said the series was over once the Pistons won game 2. That loss kicked the Celtics into a higher gear and they took two out of three on the road and closed out the series. Then they stole a game in LA during the finals and that was all she wrote. Hell, they could've closed out the series in game 5, but to win the series on their home floor was sweet.

It's funny that nobody remembers that Garnett was initially against being traded to the Celtics. My how things change once that team realized the chemistry they had. It was all about the defense.

The Celtics have the chemistry and team to win for the next 2-3 years. Good blend of youth and experience and veteran leadership.

So glad the championship is back in the Eastern conference. Where it belongs!

body88

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 07:17:50 AM »
What an incredible year by the Celtics. I was a doubter once they played the Pistons and I even said the series was over once the Pistons won game 2. That loss kicked the Celtics into a higher gear and they took two out of three on the road and closed out the series. Then they stole a game in LA during the finals and that was all she wrote. Hell, they could've closed out the series in game 5, but to win the series on their home floor was sweet.

It's funny that nobody remembers that Garnett was initially against being traded to the Celtics. My how things change once that team realized the chemistry they had. It was all about the defense.

The Celtics have the chemistry and team to win for the next 2-3 years. Good blend of youth and experience and veteran leadership.

So glad the championship is back in the Eastern conference. Where it belongs!

I think the Pistons would have beat the lakers too.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 07:33:40 AM »
The Celtics wanted it the way the Giants wanted the Superbowl.

The things I learned from the series are:

Paul Pierce plays with real balls, Kobe is not and never will be Michael, the general level of skill shown by both teams pales compared with the teams in the 80s, even modestly executed Pick and Rolls work, and the West is not the best.

body88

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 07:36:32 AM »
The Celtics wanted it the way the Giants wanted the Superbowl.

The things I learned from the series are:

Paul Pierce plays with real balls, Kobe is not and never will be Michael, the general level of skill shown by both teams pales compared with the teams in the 80s, even modestly executed Pick and Rolls work, and the West is not the best.

I learned that defense still wins championships. Your right about how the current teams compare to the teams of the 80, however I think the Celtics could have beat anyone in history with the performance they put on last night. Not over a series, but just last night. Stifling defense, great execution, and total team d.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 07:52:07 AM »
Does this prove once and for all that Bryant's biggest weakness is not being coachable?

His biggest weakness is the media that swears by his alleged 'greatness'. 

(wow, kind of a letdown for my 10,000th post)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »
Pierce is a beast.  Good for him for having to endure so many crummy teams.

Garnett should have kissed the floor in a different spot, though:

Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »
Pierce is a beast.  Good for him for having to endure so many crummy teams.

Garnett should have kissed the floor in a different spot, though:

LOL! He was caught up in the moment, I'm sure. Garnett's wife is fuckin hot, by the way.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 08:54:32 AM »
Congrats to Boston and their fans.

17 is a freakin lot of Championships  :o

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 08:58:51 AM »
I learned that defense still wins championships. Your right about how the current teams compare to the teams of the 80, however I think the Celtics could have beat anyone in history with the performance they put on last night. Not over a series, but just last night. Stifling defense, great execution, and total team d.
The defense, yes, that's a great point.

I never thought I'd see the day that Ray played great D.  He was my favorite when he was in Milwaukee and it's good to see him finally win it.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 09:10:31 AM »
Two HORRENDOUS images of the NBA........

1) Paul Pierce being CARRIED off the court in pain ??? ::)...only to return 2 MINUTES later JUMPING, hyping up the crowd like a f@ckin wrestlemania staged event ::) oh brother!  FAIL!

2) Kevin Garnett's inteview after the game last night..BRUTAL ebonics :o.."DIS FUR MY MOMMA"...."I BE ON TOP UH DA WULDDDDDDDD"....."ENYTANG BE POSSUBLE"..."DIS FUR MY BABY MOMMA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGWTFLMAOROFL.......FAI L!

NBA image = FAIL
NBA image = N#GGAS

David Stern and the heads have to be SOOOOOOO PROUD!!  HAHAHAHA

body88

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »
The defense, yes, that's a great point.

I never thought I'd see the day that Ray played great D.  He was my favorite when he was in Milwaukee and it's good to see him finally win it.

Every time we think Offense is going to be the key to win a championship, the defense is what gets it done. Look what happened to the pats, and the Lakers....

I'm happy for all the guys, but especially Pierce....he has been through a lot since he singed here.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 10:36:24 AM »
Every time we think Offense is going to be the key to win a championship, the defense is what gets it done. Look what happened to the pats, and the Lakers....

I'm happy for all the guys, but especially Pierce....he has been through a lot since he singed here.
I still can't get past the fact that he's still playing after being stabbed 11 times.  His heart was definitely in the series.

And another champion for you gluttons in New England.  Congrats!

body88

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »
I still can't get past the fact that he's still playing after being stabbed 11 times.  His heart was definitely in the series.

And another champion for you gluttons in New England.  Congrats!

I know, I can't believe it. I wish my grandfather was around to see this. Seven major championships in the last 8 years, unreal. That said, we suffered for many years!