Author Topic: Gas prices will go down  (Read 3220 times)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Gas prices will go down
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 06:42:43 PM »
The world oil market has been supply driven since 1999.

Any new domestic production will be just a pimple on the ass of world oil demand.

Experts like Stephen Leeb were writing about this back in 2001.

Even ANWR at FULL PRODUCTION is only estimated at 500,000 bbls/day and that would take us 15 years to hit that peak production.

We had CHEAP ENERGY (10 dollar/bbl oil) in the 80's to pull us out.  We don't have that this time, Our country and standard of living as we know it are royally fucked.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »
The world oil market has been supply driven since 1999.

Any new domestic production will be just a pimple on the ass of world oil demand.

Experts like Stephen Leeb were writing about this back in 2001.

Even ANWR at FULL PRODUCTION is only estimated at 500,000 bbls/day and that would take us 15 years to hit that peak production.

We had CHEAP ENERGY (10 dollar/bbl oil) in the 80's to pull us out.  We don't have that this time, Our country and standard of living as we know it are royally fucked.

Good post, I agree. You are right about the idea's of the 80's, it's too late to convert the country to electric and solar energy.

We are fu*ked.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »
  U.S.A continues to search for new oil sources like a retard, instead of eliminating the root of the problem: the dependency on oil in the first place. It is amazing that in 2008 the U.S still continues to use massively an energy source from the 19th Century. The burning of oil prduces far more carbon monoxide than the burning of alchols, for instance, and yet the U.S refuses to utilize that energy source because it requires a large initial investement, even though it becomes very cost-effective once you have the refineries installed for processing. Americans' colossal greed and stupidity will destroy Planet Earth. This single country with only 4% of the World's population is responsible for one third of all toxic wastes expelled into the air, oceans, rivers and ground.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

exactly - fuck the wildlife who would die with all this drilling, fuck the atmosphere and the planet we want cheap fucking gas !!! get a grip of yourselves people.

you were told there would be cheaper gas after the 1st war in Iraq - it went up.  ::)

you were told you'd have cheaper gas after the 2nd war in Iraq - it went up  ::)

now your being told if you ruin wildlife reserves, etc etc you'll have cheaper gas  ::) trust me it will go up again.

the only constant in this is ( and you can look this up) the oil company's are making record profits year after year.

The U.S. and the world is doing this as we speak, better cars, nuclear power, solar, wind new sources of biofuels...the list goes on. In the mean time the U.S. must exploit its domestic sources to be able to purchase oil not from state owned OPEC companies but from U.S. firms from U.S. sources. I know it is a global market and the price will be the same whoever you buy it from, but we will be buying domestic. This will cut our trade deficit (400 billion dollars from imported oil or 50% of our total trade deficit) strengthen our dollar and will even provide jobs sourced from local sites and hired nationally for this endeavor. Hell, our natural gas deposits could be used to replace imported oil in the short and intermediate term until nuclear and other green and sustainable sources are developed.

You know, it would be cute to say "hey, forget the oil and do something else man!!!" and then snap your fingers and magically we are energy independent but that is an amateurish and naive way to look at it. You can't be energy independent without producing more domestically, that means oil and electricity.     

you need to get your head out of your ass. it is well known oil is running out, it has been known since the 70's that we had reached a peak and it was all running dry.

now 30+ years later and they still haven't come up with something  ::)

it would be cute if people weren't so fucking dumb to magically believe that 30+ years isn't enough to develop one of the countless cheaper/more efficient/ cleaner forms of energy production that have been discovered by the scientific community since the 70's. ::)

but hey fuck all that shit - i want cheaper fucking gas >:(

so sad :'(
175lbs by 31st July

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 07:29:57 PM »
exactly - fuck the wildlife who would die with all this drilling, fuck the atmosphere and the planet we want cheap fucking gas !!! get a grip of yourselves people.

you were told there would be cheaper gas after the 1st war in Iraq - it went up.  ::)

you were told you'd have cheaper gas after the 2nd war in Iraq - it went up  ::)

now your being told if you ruin wildlife reserves, etc etc you'll have cheaper gas  ::) trust me it will go up again.

the only constant in this is ( and you can look this up) the oil company's are making record profits year after year.

you need to get your head out of your ass. it is well known oil is running out, it has been known since the 70's that we had reached a peak and it was all running dry.

now 30+ years later and they still haven't come up with something  ::)

it would be cute if people weren't so fucking dumb to magically believe that 30+ years isn't enough to develop one of the countless cheaper/more efficient/ cleaner forms of energy production that have been discovered by the scientific community since the 70's. ::)

Lol, calm down there buddy.  I do agree though that we need to find alternative fuels.  Imagine what it would be like with us running on clean burning coal.  We literally would not need to worry about energy production and buying fuel from other countries.  Something tells me we already have the technology though. 
Squishy face retard

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 07:43:13 PM »
Lol, calm down there buddy.  I do agree though that we need to find alternative fuels.  Imagine what it would be like with us running on clean burning coal.  We literally would not need to worry about energy production and buying fuel from other countries.  Something tells me we already have the technology though. 
agreed,  i also believe we have it already.

unfortunately i can also see what will happen before its released.

world war, famine, mass riots, etc etc :'(
175lbs by 31st July

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 07:52:35 PM »
Gas will go down...  ;D   So will insurance rates, health care cost, college tuition... Not a F-ing chance.
a

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 08:04:55 PM »

No, I think they will just fuck us completely and then when the end seems near they will unveil this technology.  If it is cheap, and should be considering the amount of coal we have, then we will all consume like never before.  One nice thing will be the break in the dependence on the Middle East. 

As far as the oil companies go, I think they will start losing trucks like in the Carter days.
Squishy face retard

Moosejay

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 08:07:53 PM »

Yeah...we are all gonna die..... ::)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »

you were told there would be cheaper gas after the 1st war in Iraq - it went up.  ::)

you were told you'd have cheaper gas after the 2nd war in Iraq - it went up  ::)

now your being told if you ruin wildlife reserves, etc etc you'll have cheaper gas  ::) trust me it will go up again.

now 30+ years later and they still haven't come up with something  ::)

Wow, epic meltdown and not offering any solutions or ideas of your own. Apparently you are an idiot. Also, if we start exploring and exploiting more domestic oil, coal and natural gas this doesn't mean that all of a sudden the alternatives and sustainables will stop being produced and researched you fucking moron. You can do both at the same time....epic idiocy. I do remember me saying that producing domestically was for the short to intermediate term, not something to completely rely on. Before utterly melting down and making a mockery of the English language, you should stop and think before you type.

Epic inability to use logic and comprehend the English language.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 06:38:09 PM »

There is evidence that suggest the technology is there, and has been for at least ten years which would make oil irrelevant.  It is not irrational to believe there have been very powerful commercial interests which have suppressed the reality of this technology.   

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
There's plenty of oil out there fucktards.

It's just going to sit there unless you go get it.

Hope that helps.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 05:32:49 AM »
Wow, epic meltdown and not offering any solutions or ideas of your own. Apparently you are an idiot. Also, if we start exploring and exploiting more domestic oil, coal and natural gas this doesn't mean that all of a sudden the alternatives and sustainables will stop being produced and researched you fucking moron. You can do both at the same time....epic idiocy. I do remember me saying that producing domestically was for the short to intermediate term, not something to completely rely on. Before utterly melting down and making a mockery of the English language, you should stop and think before you type.

Epic inability to use logic and comprehend the English language.

wow epic ignoring the facts , and burying your head in the sand.

here's a clue for your retarded 3 brain cells - they already have solutions !

try google once in a while before you type more bullshit.

they have the solution but wont use it. they are simply bleeding you dry, your just too retarded to realise.  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 08:35:38 AM »
From an economic standpoint even if ANWAR(sp?) and Offshore drilling wouldnt have a noticable impact upon the market from a supply standpoint, it might have an effect upon the price of oil since it shows a sign that we are doing something and the price of oil right now really is based in large part upon fear. The market is consumer driven and if consumers have confidence then the price will go down. I know there are several other factors, but this would be a residual benefit besides the few extra barrels we would produce.

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 09:35:58 AM »
  U.S.A continues to search for new oil sources like a retard, instead of eliminating the root of the problem: the dependency on oil in the first place. It is amazing that in 2008 the U.S still continues to use massively an energy source from the 19th Century. The burning of oil prduces far more carbon monoxide than the burning of alchols, for instance, and yet the U.S refuses to utilize that energy source because it requires a large initial investement, even though it becomes very cost-effective once you have the refineries installed for processing. Americans' colossal greed and stupidity will destroy Planet Earth. This single country with only 4% of the World's population is responsible for one third of all toxic wastes expelled into the air, oceans, rivers and ground.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

1-we have no evidence humans have any impact on the climate...it might be the biggest hoax of the century and one day people will look at what have been said with laughters.

2- recent researches say that earth is actually PRODUCING crude oil from far under the crest , and that oil's origine is not fossile, but far deeper into the earth's mantle. It means that there will never ever be any shortage.

3-USA are responsible for 90% of the world being at PEACE being the policemen of the world. Maybe you should think what the world would look like WITHOUT the USA leading it.